Post Thanks / Like

How long do inner and outer tie rods last?

My mechanic sais I should replace my inner and outer tie rods on both sides because one of the sides the passenger side started making a crazy noise something like metal on metal. Is it common for these parts to go bad, the car is lowered and i've upgraded the calipers knuckles and shocks. Thanks for the info. And the mechanic is a friend and he works for the local dodge dealership, i trust him but I just want to know if this is a common thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I do believe the tie rods are a fairly common issue in having them replaced. Search "inner and outer" and you will find a lot of posts on this issue. They do make better parts for them now than before. I do recall a few members having to replace theirs multiple times (with the older style parts)

HTH!

Post Thanks / Like
    30k with stock parts. Im at 80k with moog and no problems so far
    WWW.DodgeMagnumGrille.com
    Quality.....Service.....Satisfaction

Makers of the "Original Honeycomb" & "True SRT" grilles for your SE,SXT or RT. Custom made grilles for your SRT Magnum also.

Post Thanks / Like
    I must be lucky. I still have my originals and still going strong with 114k on the car.
    2007 R/T Bright Metallic Silver

Mods: RamAir Hood,20'' Foose Rims,Predator 93CAI CMR Tune,DMH Cutouts,Flowmaster Super 40's,Blastin Bob's Resonated Tips,R1 Concepts Premium Rotors (Slotted/Cross Drilled),Painted Calipers,15% Tint,Morimoto Bi-Xenon Projectors, HID 10k Lows/Highs and Fogs,Smoked LED Tails,Chin Spoiler, Daytona Grill w/Blue LED backlit,10k LED Halos, BT Catch Can, BT Shifter,Cabin Filter,AAC LED White Interior lights,Pioneer Avic Z3 (all options),Infinity/Pioneer Interior Spkrs w/1000 watt amp,Kenwood 12'' Subs w/2000 watt amp,Viper 5701 Alarm.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 48K om my Magnum RT and all is well............. I do drive like an old fart. LOL

I do have 255x55x18 tires on.

Bob
    Bob in Ocala, Florida, 05' Magnum RT, 73 years young - married 53 years. Superchips tuner & Flowmaster 40's. 402 Motoring rear spoiler, mud flaps, tinted & painted tail lights. Danko shaker hood, 69' Charger grille, front spoiler, rear diffuser.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would have to do with where your car is driven. drive on smooth highways in Florida all the time and they won't wear out as fast as driving on potholed roads in the North

Post Thanks / Like
    I drive smooth to south Florida 86,000 miles but the car is lowered I would assume that has a lot to do with it, oh well, I figured it was common thanks all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine were gone for quite a while but recently replaced at 156K miles along with every suspension component except the swaybars and KWV2's.

The Moogs otta last a lot longer!
    An over 40 victim of fate.

'8R'05 Magnum RT Midnight Blue Pearl
    KW V 2 , Hotchkiss Sway Bars, CF Airhammer intake,T Rex Billet Grille, Body color Airtab Vortex Generators, Chromed stock 18's BFG KDW 255/55/18 Tires,Avon splash guards, Gibson Performance Stainless SteelHeaders, GibsonCat back, SC 91 Performance tune.
    Hi Flo Cats

Post Thanks / Like
    Inner tie rods too? I thought it was just the outer in most cases.

Share This Thread