LX Forums Forum banner

Difference between R/T & Datyona

3K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  moaugust88 
#1 ·
Can anyone explain why there's a 10HP difference between the R/T and Daytona??

#5 ·
From what i have gathered its the air box design so when its swapped out for a CAI both models are back on the same hp levels. In fact that is why allot of guys run the SRT or Daytona or Road and track package airbox with a drop in instead of a CAI. At least that was the story for the 08 and previous models. I havent kept up with any other additional changes.

#10 ·
The 2009 Daytona was the only one with the 3.06 gearing. All other years 2006-2008 had the 2.82

#16 ·
And the seat logo, LOL. Oh and I think on the older Daytona's 07 and older the center console is body color.

#20 ·
Here's the window sticker for my car.

ROAD/TRACK PERFORMANCE GROUP $1,000
Performance Seats w/Preferred Suede
Performance Steering
Performance Suspension
P235/55R18 BSW AS Performance Tires
18X7.5 Alum Whls w/Black Paint Acc.
Load Leveling and Height Control
Air Conditioning w/Dual Zone Contrl
Heated Front Seats
Power Front Seats
Power Adjustable Pedals

#24 ·
A coworker has an 06 RT with the road and track package, and I have an 06 Daytona. So far, the only differences we've been able to find are as follows:

- My car has the contrast stitching on the seats, with DAYTONA embroidered in the head rests up front.
- The Daytona radio and shifter surrounds are painted body color, his are silver I believe
- The Daytona spoiler is flat black, his is body color.
- The Daytona has the chin spoiler, his does not.
- The Daytona is numbered and has the sticker under the vent, his does not.

As far as I can tell, the cars are otherwise identical, at least aesthetically. I'm pretty sure we both have the same exhaust, and the smooth topped air box, etc.

#25 ·
A coworker has an 06 RT with the road and track package, and I have an 06 Daytona. So far, the only differences we've been able to find are as follows:

- My car has the contrast stitching on the seats, with DAYTONA embroidered in the head rests up front.
- The Daytona radio and shifter surrounds are painted body color, his are silver I believe
- The Daytona spoiler is flat black, his is body color.
- The Daytona has the chin spoiler, his does not.
- The Daytona is numbered and has the sticker under the vent, his does not.

As far as I can tell, the cars are otherwise identical, at least aesthetically. I'm pretty sure we both have the same exhaust, and the smooth topped air box, etc.
The Daytona also has a special digital logo on the odometer when you start the car, like the SRTs do, only it says DAYTONA instead of SRT. No other trim levels have a special display.

#27 ·
The Road & Track Package was also a MAGNUM option. I do not think it was offered in 08. (Just 06 & 07)
10 more BHP & Performance Suspention and Steering, Load Leveling, Chrome Clad 20' wheels, SRT Seats with red stiching, and the power group package with dual zone a/c and heated seats.

It seems like the Daytona Package was very similar but with some zing for sale power.
BOTH are cool but the Road & Track Package on the Magnums is very limited and rare.

#28 ·
Just '07 Magnums were offered with the R/T with R&T. Making them rare and had short produciton numbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.