Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A big thanks to Andy and PWR!!!

I have been slacking a bit lately, but I need to give a HUGE thanks to Andy for the incredible build he has helped me put together. I told Andy I was planning on 15lbs from my blower with a 200 shot over that for the track, but that the car was still going to be my daily driver!! This is what we did:

PWR forged 6.1 w/ Manley rods / pistons (8.5 : 1)
    PWR heads / cam set up for my blower (heads and cam "massaged" just a bit)
    SHR Tranny
    PI 2400 vertor
    ATI balancer and flex plate

I still am running my paxton novi 1500 blower with a 2.62 pulley with a 17% OD ATI balancer. Added a nitrous outlet 6.1 plate system for fun!!!

I spent a good amount of time trying to decide to pull the trigger on a stout 6.1 combo. I talked to many folks, but after my discussions with Andy at this past ShinDig in Perry GA., I knew I had made the right choice. Andy was there every step of the way sending me pics and text messages to keep me informed of the motor build. I changed everything and had a VERY tight timeline to be ready for ATCO. Even after running into some unexpected issues, Andy came through with making things happen. He worked with my installers at After Hours Perf. (1fst4dr & nyinstaller). The work done by AfterHours is beyond words and is a totally seperate thread!! lol

After all the dust settled, I was able to run a new PB at ATCO of 10.77 @ 127 thanks to my new PWR set up!!! Car runs strong!! So strong that I snapped a 1000hp axle which ended my ATCO experience a bit early! My PB run was on the blower only! I am very excited to see what happens when I squeeze the button on the spray!! lol

All in all, if anyone is on the fence about doing a big build or stout 6.1, look no further than Andy and the rest of the folks at PWR!!! You will not be disappointed!
    FLXC President

10.06 @ 140 mph PWR forged 6.1 Procharger F1A Nitrous Outlet
    AfterHours Mopar Perf. installed!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pwr for the win!!!
    Nice to see your build at this stage chris.
    PWR 393, Twin 6262mm Turbos, SHR trans, Fore Fuel system, Wilson Hemi Sheet Metal Manifold
    880 RWHP 775 RWT at 16 psi and 17* of timing
    Tuned by Robert@ Ditos motors
    Walk Softly And Carry Two Big A$$ Turbos!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I cant wait to see how you run in Feb

Good stuff and congrats on a badass build, Vroom vroom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sh!t Chris that's a solid build . Amazing times as is but i suspect you will shave a little as you learn it and it learns you....lol . Wish you had a longer run at ATCO but congrats on the new and simply stellar PB . Whose intake ya running ..... ? I hear theres some guy in Canada making them now . Oh wait he's gone.........=) .
    06 CSRT-8 Silver Steel (all opts.): MagnaCharger MP2300 TVS Supercharger, Hemituner tuned, Hemi Shop P & P heads , FRI Tomahawk cam , Dynatech LT headers,Corsa cat-back,Magnaflow HF cats,LMI CF True 4'' fendermount CAI , PT 3400 stall TC , Getrag LSD 3.06 rear, Paramount rebuilt tranny & valve body , Arrington 85MM Ported TB w/ nitrous ports , BT catch can ,Hotchkis front & rear sways ,15% tint all around,SRT-8 embroidered mats(biggest HP gain ).On the way:Arrington 426 & and presumably divorce papers.....=) .

PB 11.25 @ 125.16 - Stock Bottom 6.1L blown (10lbs boost)

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had the pleasure of spending a few nights with Andy in Vegas. We talked LSU football, cars, and CMR tuning (it had just been released). We go back to the birth of the Gen III Hemi on the truck scene where we hit it off. I'm proud to call him a friend. He's a stand up guy and knows what it takes to take good care of his clients. He's very innovative and always responsive to the industry. He has helped pioneer countless products for this and the Ram platform. We are all very lucky to have PWR on the scene.

Chris, props brudda. You picked the right builder.
    Last edited by TanT; 12-07-2010 at 10:47 PM.
    Name is Kyle aka Dookie 2006->BB->Charger->SRT8->426->:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi31
    Told ya. .....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadl0ck
    But it's not criminal to be an asshat.... Just not beneficial to you
    Quote Originally Posted by formerice
    She was just imitating a cow in heat in the absence of an adult bull. Never saw a horny cow catch fire though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByU View Post
    I cant wait to see how you run in Feb

Good stuff and congrats on a badass build, Vroom vroom.
    thanks dan!!! i am hoping to continue to iron out the little bugs and get the set up dialed in. looking forward to feb for sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjr5150 View Post
    Sh!t Chris that's a solid build . Amazing times as is but i suspect you will shave a little as you learn it and it learns you....lol . Wish you had a longer run at ATCO but congrats on the new and simply stellar PB . Whose intake ya running ..... ? I hear theres some guy in Canada making them now . Oh wait he's gone.........=) .
    lmao!!! yeah, i heard there used to be some guy pedaling intakes up north...... wonder what happened to him??? lol thanks for the kind words.... atco was fun, but i am looking forward to dialing in the car over the next couple of months and getting it ready for february!!

Quote Originally Posted by TanT View Post
    I've had the pleasure of spending a few nights with Andy in Vegas. We talked LSU football, cars, and CMR tuning (it had just been released). We go back to the birth of the Gen III Hemi on the truck scene where we hit it off. I'm proud to call him a friend. He's a stand up guy and knows what it takes to take good care of his clients. He's very innovative and always responsive to the industry. He has helped pioneer countless products for this and the Ram platform. We are all very lucky to have PWR on the scene.

Chris, props brudda. You picked the right builder.
    many thanks!!!

InferAl is offline "R.I.P. Lou1355 "The Hellbitch lives On"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hell of a ET for a shakedown run,,,barely broke in
    2009 Challenger R/T PWR// Aluminum Big Bore 426..PWR// Apache Heads & Cam Installed By BFNY Performance
    SHR Trans Paramount 8.8 & Dominator TC Tuned By Jerseyboy Atco
    Video

Post Thanks / Like
    You're running strong brudda.

It's one fast 'show car' lol.

Congrats on that build... see ya in a few weeks!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3247903
    The Old: Stock 5.7 Bottom End | Lead Foot | 11.861 @ 112.76 1.63 60'
    The New
    : Forged Arrington 6.1 | MMPG Top End | Paramount Drivetrain | 11.67

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good Chris.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InferAl View Post
    Hell of a ET for a shakedown run,,,barely broke in
    Thanks Al!! I am looking forward to continuing to sort our the little things with a set up like this. tuning will always be a battle on a cam'd / blower car. she does run like a beast though!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by concussion View Post
    You're running strong brudda.

It's one fast 'show car' lol.

Congrats on that build... see ya in a few weeks!
    thanks burl!! although the "show" status is not so fitting anymore......... as much as i have messed with things, it now wears a few battle "scars"!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by PWR.Brittany View Post
    Looks good Chris.
    Thanks Britt!! Your hubby has certainly been a huge help!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris + PWR = perfect combination. So happy to hear things are going kickass for ya buddy!!!!
    Owner of Insane Paint Auto Detailing ~ Birmingham, AL
    Garage Queen - '06 SRT426 Charger: Modified beyond belief, the right way, by the right builders

Post Thanks / Like
    damn how did i miss this chris, sounds like an awesome build... andy and brad are pretty awesome over there @ PWR

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah jess, andy and the rest of the PWR crew are pretty good folks! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrat Chris on the build. Andy built me one smokin' engine too.
    06 MSRT8 Mods: PWR 393 with Procharger F1A.
    Installed by AfterHours Mopar Peformance.
    9.41 @ 146MPH

RIP Lou

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice write up Chris...sorry I'm a little late to the party, I just found this. 2011 is going to be fuuuun

Personal Best: coming soon!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread