Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    switzerland
    Posts
    1,502
    Post Thanks / Like

    The new Uconnect™ Touch 8.4" for 300c and Charger

    Uconnect® Touch Centralizes World-Class Infotainment and Vehicle Personalization to Keep All-new 2011 Dodge Charger Passengers Connected, Comfortable and Secure

    * State-of-the-art Uconnect® Touch provides the all-new 2011 Dodge Charger with next-generation mobile infotainment and multimedia features to keep passengers connected between any destination
    * All-new Uconnect Touch comes in four models, all of which deliver world-class functionality with an intuitive user interface that was benchmarked against the best E-segment sedans from Europe, Asia and North America
    * Uconnect Voice Command, Uconnect Touch, steering-wheel controls and familiar center-stack controls all work in synergy to make the experience intuitive and simple for the driver
    * Segment-exclusive Garmin® navigation on the premium Uconnect Touch 8.4N model provides easy-to-use maps, lane guidance and more than 6 million points of interest
    * SIRIUS Travel Link on the premium Uconnect Touch 8.4N provides real-time weather, fuel prices, sport scores and movie theater information to make any trip more efficient and fun

    November 15, 2010 , Auburn Hills, Mich. -

    The all-new 2011 Dodge Charger’s Uconnect® Touch integrates world-class infotainment and convenience technologies to keep passengers connected, comfortable and secure.

    “While the all-new 2011 Dodge Charger connects the driver to the road, its all-new Uconnect Touch system connects the driver and passengers to the things that matter most, in a holistic manner that keeps the driver focused and passengers entertained.” said Marios Zenios, Head of Connectivity and Infotainment — Chrysler Group LLC. “As the centerpiece to Dodge Charger’s advanced technologies, Uconnect Touch features world-class functionality and integrates real-time information, multimedia, portable mobile devices, voice commands and vehicle personalization settings for a safe, efficient and fun trip between destinations.”

    The all-new Uconnect Touch illustrates tangible results from the company’s extensive research and development. During the development of the all-new Uconnect Touch, Chrysler Group engineers visited, observed and recorded more than 4,100 owners of the best E-segment vehicles from Europe, Asia and North America to see how they interacted with their in-vehicle audio and navigation systems, as well as find out what they really want and need from a multimedia and infotainment system. The result: four high-quality next-generation infotainment models that are easy to use and simplify how passengers interact with different radio, media, climate control and navigation technologies.

    ALL-NEW UCONNECT TOUCH MODELS KEEP PASSENGERS CONNECTED
    From navigation to dual-zone climate controls, to the ability to check fuel prices, Uconnect Touch makes life in the all-new 2011 Dodge Charger an excellent experience for the driver and passengers.

    Dodge Charger offers four Uconnect Touch (4.3, 4.3S, 8.4 and 8.4N) models, all featuring easy-to-use controls to provide class-leading technology. With its touchscreen display and user-friendly touch-key categories, information on the Uconnect Touch is clearly displayed, and connecting and controlling personal mobile devices is simple.

    The premium Uconnect Touch 8.4N model enables more customer-convenient amenities than ever before, including the integration of segment-leading Garmin® navigation and SIRIUS Travel Link with real-time fuel prices, movie listings, sports updates and weather.

    The all-new Uconnect Touch model lineup on the 2011 Dodge Charger includes:

    * Uconnect Touch 4.3 is standard on the all-new 2011 Dodge Charger SE and includes:
    o 4.3-inch QVGA touchscreen display
    o USB Port with iPod® Control
    o Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth® (optional)
    o AM/FM radio
    o Single CD with MP3/WMA capability
    o Dual-zone climate controls
    o Auxiliary audio input (3.5 mm)
    * Available on the all-new 2011 Dodge Charger SE is the Uconnect Touch 4.3S model, which adds:
    o SIRIUS Satellite Radio
    o Song Alert/Game Alert for automatic prompts of favorite songs/artists/games

    Upping the ante on the all-new Dodge Charger R/T and Charger R/T AWD’s standard equipment lists (included on Dodge Charger Rallye and Rallye Plus packages) is the Uconnect Touch 8.4 with more capability and premium connectivity features including:

    * Uconnect Touch 8.4 includes:
    o 8.4-inch QVGA touchscreen display
    o Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth®
    o SD Card reader (MP3/WMA music file support only)
    o USB Port with iPod® Control
    o DVD playback capability (when vehicle is in Park)
    o Integrated Gracenote database identifies music on portable devices to display album artwork on the 8.4-inch display, and improves accuracy of voice recognition of artist names and song titles
    o SIRIUS Satellite Radio with song alert/game alert for automatic prompts of favorite songs/artists/games
    o Single DVD with MP3/WMA capability
    o Dual-zone climate controls with automatic climate control
    o AM/FM radio
    * Available on the 2011 Dodge Charger R/T and Charger SE is the Uconnect Touch 8.4N model, which adds:
    o Garmin® navigation with lane guidance and more than 6 million points of interest
    o SIRIUS Travel Link with real-time fuel prices, movie listings, sports updates and weather

    ALL-NEW POWERNET HIGH-SPEED ELECTRICAL ARCHITECTURE
    Chrysler Group’s new PowerNet electrical architecture is the backbone of the all-new seventh-generation 2011 Dodge Charger, delivering connectivity between advanced technologies and in-vehicle personalization, for enhanced driver awareness.

    "PowerNet provides a significant improvement in vehicle network performance by employing the latest data communication technology,” said Alan Amici, Head of Electrical and Electronics — Chrysler Group LLC. “The network has been optimized to improve data throughput allowing Chrysler Group designers and engineers to add new features and plan for future growth."

    PowerNet’s high- and low-speed data network can be equipped with as many as 40 individual modules, all designed to improve vehicle performance and enhance the comfort and safety of the all-new Dodge Charger’s driver and passengers.

    “PowerNet enables all of the 2011 Dodge Charger’s advanced technologies to ‘talk to each other,’ making the Charger more responsive, its safety technologies more purposeful and the driver more aware and alert of his or her surroundings,” added Amici.

    Within the PowerNet high-speed network, each module (e.g. Forward Collision Warning) processes its individual data and transmits the appropriate commands within the vehicle to activate any additional systems (e.g. anti-lock brake system and adaptive cruise control).

    The all-new Uconnect Touch utilizes PowerNet’s low-speed data bus to handle personalization settings, instrument panel controls, entertainment and information applications (e.g. Keyless Enter-N-Go, smart remote start, SIRIUS Travel Link, iPod® Control, etc.), and comfort and convenience controls.

    SIRIUS TRAVEL LINK
    Providing 2011 Dodge Charger passengers with real-time information and entertainment, SIRIUS Travel Link is now available on the all-new Uconnect Touch 8.4N. SIRIUS Travel Link provides up-to-the-minute information to make every trip more efficient.

    SIRIUS Travel Link includes:

    * Weather: shows coast-to-coast weather data, current conditions and five-day forecasts, detailed storm cell information, hurricane and tropical storm tracking, local wind speeds and even ski resort conditions
    * Fuel Prices: lists prices, locations and distance to more than 120,000 fuel stations across the United States, and can have the Garmin navigation system route to a selected fuel station location
    * Sports: provides scores and schedules from the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, golf, college football and basketball
    * Movies: uses listings from more than 4,500 movie theaters across the United States to help consumers plan movie times, theater addresses, ratings and run lengths ahead of time. Dodge Charger’s passengers also may have the Garmin navigation system routed to a selected theater location

    UCONNECT WEB
    Uconnect Web turns the all-new 2011 Dodge Charger into a mobile “hot spot” capable of instant access to websites, e-mail, personalized music, online gaming, photo albums and more. This available dealer-installed wireless system provides high-speed data transfer and flexibility, combining Wi-Fi and 3G cellular connectivity for a new level of wireless technology.

    GARMIN NAVIGATION
    The available Uconnect Touch 8.4N integrates Garmin software and technology to give the all-new 2011 Dodge Charger segment-leading navigation, lane guidance and more than 6 million points of interest. With its large 8.4-inch touchscreen, Dodge Charger’s driver and passengers are provided with audible turn-by-turn instructions and easily recognized visual cues while the vehicle is in motion. The robust points of interest database make it easy to find nearby restaurants, shopping, hospitals or other local destinations.

    UCONNECT VOICE COMMAND WITH BLUETOOTH®
    The available Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth® is an in-vehicle, voice-activated communication system that allows drivers to operate a Bluetooth compatible phone with their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road. When the Bluetooth phone is initially connected, the contact list is automatically downloaded, synchronizing as many as 1,000 phone book entries, which can then be selected by simply saying a contact name. It also allows drivers to switch radio modes, tune to AM/FM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio stations and request real-time information (such as fuel prices) from SIRIUS Travel Link using natural voice commands. The handsfree option promotes safety, freedom, value and flexibility.

    USB PORT WITH IPOD® CONTROL
    Integrated conveniently and securely under the center-console armrest, this multimedia input allows the driver to control his or her iPod or other media device through Dodge Charger’s Uconnect Touch and steering-wheel mounted audio controls. The USB port also provides a mobile recharging station for iPod and USB powered devices. In addition MP3 and WMA audio files on a USB memory device may also be played and controlled on the Uconnect Touch system.

    SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO
    With more than 130 channels of the best music, entertainment and information, SIRIUS Satellite Radio provides customers entertainment from coast to coast. SIRIUS Satellite Radio offers more than 60 commercial-free, digital music channels and 60 channels of sports, news, entertainment and children’s programming, 24 hours a day. Regional traffic and weather reports also are included with SIRIUS Satellite Radio. Selecting favorite stations is easy with the new Uconnect Touch. Dodge Charger’s passengers are able to scan channels with steering wheel controls, utilize pre-set touchscreen buttons, select a station with Uconnect Voice Command (e.g. “Tune to Hip Hop Nation”), or let Song Alert/Game Alert notify when a favorite artist, song or game is playing. In addition, Uconnect Touch can conveniently search both by music category and channel.

    ALPINE® PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEMS
    The all-new 2011 Dodge Charger offers two audiophile-quality audio systems to immerse passengers in premium sound. Utilizing Alpine premium speakers and amplifiers, the Dodge Charger offers two high-performance options, including:

    * Alpine six-speaker premium audio system
    o Eight-channel amplifier with 276-watts of power
    o Two 3.5-inch speakers located in the instrument panel
    o Two 6 x 9-inch speakers located in the front doors
    o Two 6 x 9-inch speakers located in the rear-shelf area
    * Alpine nine-speaker premium audio system with subwoofer
    o 12-channel amplifier with 506-watts of power
    o Digital signal processing (DSP) for 7.1-adapted surround sound
    o Three 3.5-inch speakers located in the instrument panel
    o Two 6 x 9-inch speakers located in the front doors
    o Two 3.5-inch speakers located in the rear doors
    o Two 6 x 9-inch speakers located in the rear-shelf area
    o One 8-inch subwoofer center-positioned in the rear-shelf area
    __________________
    http://www.media.chrysler.com/newsre...=10239&mid=293
















    All Uconnect Software

    www.mydrive.ch

    username: mygig@soxag
    Password: gasolio




  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woodstock, GA formally from L.I.
    Posts
    1,351
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sox View Post
    Uconnect® Touch Centralizes World-Class Infotainment and Vehicle Personalization to Keep All-new 2011 Dodge Charger Passengers Connected, Comfortable and Secure

    * State-of-the-art Uconnect® Touch provides the all-new 2011 Dodge Charger with next-generation mobile infotainment and multimedia features to keep passengers connected between any destination
    * All-new Uconnect Touch comes in four models, all of which deliver world-class functionality with an intuitive user interface that was benchmarked against the best E-segment sedans from Europe, Asia and North America
    * Uconnect Voice Command, Uconnect Touch, steering-wheel controls and familiar center-stack controls all work in synergy to make the experience intuitive and simple for the driver
    * Segment-exclusive Garmin® navigation on the premium Uconnect Touch 8.4N model provides easy-to-use maps, lane guidance and more than 6 million points of interest
    * SIRIUS Travel Link on the premium Uconnect Touch 8.4N provides real-time weather, fuel prices, sport scores and movie theater information to make any trip more efficient and fun

    November 15, 2010 , Auburn Hills, Mich. -

    The all-new 2011 Dodge Charger’s Uconnect® Touch integrates world-class infotainment and convenience technologies to keep passengers connected, comfortable and secure.

    “While the all-new 2011 Dodge Charger connects the driver to the road, its all-new Uconnect Touch system connects the driver and passengers to the things that matter most, in a holistic manner that keeps the driver focused and passengers entertained.” said Marios Zenios, Head of Connectivity and Infotainment — Chrysler Group LLC. “As the centerpiece to Dodge Charger’s advanced technologies, Uconnect Touch features world-class functionality and integrates real-time information, multimedia, portable mobile devices, voice commands and vehicle personalization settings for a safe, efficient and fun trip between destinations.”

    The all-new Uconnect Touch illustrates tangible results from the company’s extensive research and development. During the development of the all-new Uconnect Touch, Chrysler Group engineers visited, observed and recorded more than 4,100 owners of the best E-segment vehicles from Europe, Asia and North America to see how they interacted with their in-vehicle audio and navigation systems, as well as find out what they really want and need from a multimedia and infotainment system. The result: four high-quality next-generation infotainment models that are easy to use and simplify how passengers interact with different radio, media, climate control and navigation technologies.

    ALL-NEW UCONNECT TOUCH MODELS KEEP PASSENGERS CONNECTED
    From navigation to dual-zone climate controls, to the ability to check fuel prices, Uconnect Touch makes life in the all-new 2011 Dodge Charger an excellent experience for the driver and passengers.

    Dodge Charger offers four Uconnect Touch (4.3, 4.3S, 8.4 and 8.4N) models, all featuring easy-to-use controls to provide class-leading technology. With its touchscreen display and user-friendly touch-key categories, information on the Uconnect Touch is clearly displayed, and connecting and controlling personal mobile devices is simple.

    The premium Uconnect Touch 8.4N model enables more customer-convenient amenities than ever before, including the integration of segment-leading Garmin® navigation and SIRIUS Travel Link with real-time fuel prices, movie listings, sports updates and weather.

    The all-new Uconnect Touch model lineup on the 2011 Dodge Charger includes:

    * Uconnect Touch 4.3 is standard on the all-new 2011 Dodge Charger SE and includes:
    o 4.3-inch QVGA touchscreen display
    o USB Port with iPod® Control
    o Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth® (optional)
    o AM/FM radio
    o Single CD with MP3/WMA capability
    o Dual-zone climate controls
    o Auxiliary audio input (3.5 mm)
    * Available on the all-new 2011 Dodge Charger SE is the Uconnect Touch 4.3S model, which adds:
    o SIRIUS Satellite Radio
    o Song Alert/Game Alert for automatic prompts of favorite songs/artists/games

    Upping the ante on the all-new Dodge Charger R/T and Charger R/T AWD’s standard equipment lists (included on Dodge Charger Rallye and Rallye Plus packages) is the Uconnect Touch 8.4 with more capability and premium connectivity features including:

    * Uconnect Touch 8.4 includes:
    o 8.4-inch QVGA touchscreen display
    o Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth®
    o SD Card reader (MP3/WMA music file support only)
    o USB Port with iPod® Control
    o DVD playback capability (when vehicle is in Park)
    o Integrated Gracenote database identifies music on portable devices to display album artwork on the 8.4-inch display, and improves accuracy of voice recognition of artist names and song titles
    o SIRIUS Satellite Radio with song alert/game alert for automatic prompts of favorite songs/artists/games
    o Single DVD with MP3/WMA capability
    o Dual-zone climate controls with automatic climate control
    o AM/FM radio
    * Available on the 2011 Dodge Charger R/T and Charger SE is the Uconnect Touch 8.4N model, which adds:
    o Garmin® navigation with lane guidance and more than 6 million points of interest
    o SIRIUS Travel Link with real-time fuel prices, movie listings, sports updates and weather

    ALL-NEW POWERNET HIGH-SPEED ELECTRICAL ARCHITECTURE
    Chrysler Group’s new PowerNet electrical architecture is the backbone of the all-new seventh-generation 2011 Dodge Charger, delivering connectivity between advanced technologies and in-vehicle personalization, for enhanced driver awareness.

    "PowerNet provides a significant improvement in vehicle network performance by employing the latest data communication technology,” said Alan Amici, Head of Electrical and Electronics — Chrysler Group LLC. “The network has been optimized to improve data throughput allowing Chrysler Group designers and engineers to add new features and plan for future growth."

    PowerNet’s high- and low-speed data network can be equipped with as many as 40 individual modules, all designed to improve vehicle performance and enhance the comfort and safety of the all-new Dodge Charger’s driver and passengers.

    “PowerNet enables all of the 2011 Dodge Charger’s advanced technologies to ‘talk to each other,’ making the Charger more responsive, its safety technologies more purposeful and the driver more aware and alert of his or her surroundings,” added Amici.

    Within the PowerNet high-speed network, each module (e.g. Forward Collision Warning) processes its individual data and transmits the appropriate commands within the vehicle to activate any additional systems (e.g. anti-lock brake system and adaptive cruise control).

    The all-new Uconnect Touch utilizes PowerNet’s low-speed data bus to handle personalization settings, instrument panel controls, entertainment and information applications (e.g. Keyless Enter-N-Go, smart remote start, SIRIUS Travel Link, iPod® Control, etc.), and comfort and convenience controls.

    SIRIUS TRAVEL LINK
    Providing 2011 Dodge Charger passengers with real-time information and entertainment, SIRIUS Travel Link is now available on the all-new Uconnect Touch 8.4N. SIRIUS Travel Link provides up-to-the-minute information to make every trip more efficient.

    SIRIUS Travel Link includes:

    * Weather: shows coast-to-coast weather data, current conditions and five-day forecasts, detailed storm cell information, hurricane and tropical storm tracking, local wind speeds and even ski resort conditions
    * Fuel Prices: lists prices, locations and distance to more than 120,000 fuel stations across the United States, and can have the Garmin navigation system route to a selected fuel station location
    * Sports: provides scores and schedules from the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, golf, college football and basketball
    * Movies: uses listings from more than 4,500 movie theaters across the United States to help consumers plan movie times, theater addresses, ratings and run lengths ahead of time. Dodge Charger’s passengers also may have the Garmin navigation system routed to a selected theater location

    UCONNECT WEB
    Uconnect Web turns the all-new 2011 Dodge Charger into a mobile “hot spot” capable of instant access to websites, e-mail, personalized music, online gaming, photo albums and more. This available dealer-installed wireless system provides high-speed data transfer and flexibility, combining Wi-Fi and 3G cellular connectivity for a new level of wireless technology.

    GARMIN NAVIGATION
    The available Uconnect Touch 8.4N integrates Garmin software and technology to give the all-new 2011 Dodge Charger segment-leading navigation, lane guidance and more than 6 million points of interest. With its large 8.4-inch touchscreen, Dodge Charger’s driver and passengers are provided with audible turn-by-turn instructions and easily recognized visual cues while the vehicle is in motion. The robust points of interest database make it easy to find nearby restaurants, shopping, hospitals or other local destinations.

    UCONNECT VOICE COMMAND WITH BLUETOOTH®
    The available Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth® is an in-vehicle, voice-activated communication system that allows drivers to operate a Bluetooth compatible phone with their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road. When the Bluetooth phone is initially connected, the contact list is automatically downloaded, synchronizing as many as 1,000 phone book entries, which can then be selected by simply saying a contact name. It also allows drivers to switch radio modes, tune to AM/FM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio stations and request real-time information (such as fuel prices) from SIRIUS Travel Link using natural voice commands. The handsfree option promotes safety, freedom, value and flexibility.

    USB PORT WITH IPOD® CONTROL
    Integrated conveniently and securely under the center-console armrest, this multimedia input allows the driver to control his or her iPod or other media device through Dodge Charger’s Uconnect Touch and steering-wheel mounted audio controls. The USB port also provides a mobile recharging station for iPod and USB powered devices. In addition MP3 and WMA audio files on a USB memory device may also be played and controlled on the Uconnect Touch system.

    SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO
    With more than 130 channels of the best music, entertainment and information, SIRIUS Satellite Radio provides customers entertainment from coast to coast. SIRIUS Satellite Radio offers more than 60 commercial-free, digital music channels and 60 channels of sports, news, entertainment and children’s programming, 24 hours a day. Regional traffic and weather reports also are included with SIRIUS Satellite Radio. Selecting favorite stations is easy with the new Uconnect Touch. Dodge Charger’s passengers are able to scan channels with steering wheel controls, utilize pre-set touchscreen buttons, select a station with Uconnect Voice Command (e.g. “Tune to Hip Hop Nation”), or let Song Alert/Game Alert notify when a favorite artist, song or game is playing. In addition, Uconnect Touch can conveniently search both by music category and channel.

    ALPINE® PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEMS
    The all-new 2011 Dodge Charger offers two audiophile-quality audio systems to immerse passengers in premium sound. Utilizing Alpine premium speakers and amplifiers, the Dodge Charger offers two high-performance options, including:

    * Alpine six-speaker premium audio system
    o Eight-channel amplifier with 276-watts of power
    o Two 3.5-inch speakers located in the instrument panel
    o Two 6 x 9-inch speakers located in the front doors
    o Two 6 x 9-inch speakers located in the rear-shelf area
    * Alpine nine-speaker premium audio system with subwoofer
    o 12-channel amplifier with 506-watts of power
    o Digital signal processing (DSP) for 7.1-adapted surround sound
    o Three 3.5-inch speakers located in the instrument panel
    o Two 6 x 9-inch speakers located in the front doors
    o Two 3.5-inch speakers located in the rear doors
    o Two 6 x 9-inch speakers located in the rear-shelf area
    o One 8-inch subwoofer center-positioned in the rear-shelf area
    __________________
    http://www.media.chrysler.com/newsre...=10239&mid=293
















    Definetly look sweet sox


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    195
    Post Thanks / Like
    second picture i believe reveals new 300 dash... if so..it doesn't look that great (of course it is a computer generated image so I'll hold judgement

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    switzerland
    Posts
    1,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GrN4FrK View Post
    second picture i believe reveals new 300 dash... if so..it doesn't look that great (of course it is a computer generated image so I'll hold judgement

    rigth this are the new 300C!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta Canada
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okey Dokey.

    So now we have our next challenge ahead of us-who's going to be the first to try integrating the 8.4N into a pre-'11 LX, WK, etc? It may be more of a chore than the MyGig was given the fact that some of the controls, the Volume_On/Off specifically is remote from the "box" itself.

    I think(HOPE) that I have my dealer friend talked into letting me pull the dash apart in the next Charger they get in which has the 8.4N in it. I'll keep everyone posted.
    Wish me luck

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,302
    Post Thanks / Like

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hartford Connecticut
    Posts
    195
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its not clear but does the navigation system give you real time traffic alerts and travel speed information like the IPhone does? All that stuff sounds neat but its the one main feature I dont have in my 06 Magnum with navigation. I dont want to tune to Sirius to get general traffic info for cities. I want my Garmin map to show speed, accidents, alternate routes, etc.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    greasy cardboard box
    Posts
    23,330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mlb12 View Post
    Okey Dokey.

    So now we have our next challenge ahead of us-who's going to be the first to try integrating the 8.4N into a pre-'11 LX, WK, etc? It may be more of a chore than the MyGig was given the fact that some of the controls, the Volume_On/Off specifically is remote from the "box" itself.

    I think(HOPE) that I have my dealer friend talked into letting me pull the dash apart in the next Charger they get in which has the 8.4N in it. I'll keep everyone posted.
    Wish me luck
    uconnect touch radios in 2011 LX/LD use a remote touch screen.
    the radio is now part of telematics gateway module which communicate with the screen and the switchbank below it. the telematics
    gateway is hidden behind the center stack.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    switzerland
    Posts
    1,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mlb12 View Post
    Okey Dokey.

    So now we have our next challenge ahead of us-who's going to be the first to try integrating the 8.4N into a pre-'11 LX, WK, etc? It may be more of a chore than the MyGig was given the fact that some of the controls, the Volume_On/Off specifically is remote from the "box" itself.

    I think(HOPE) that I have my dealer friend talked into letting me pull the dash apart in the next Charger they get in which has the 8.4N in it. I'll keep everyone posted.
    Wish me luck

    2011 chargerr and 300 are high speed bus

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta Canada
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkychkn View Post
    uconnect touch radios in 2011 LX/LD use a remote touch screen.
    the radio is now part of telematics gateway module which communicate with the screen and the switchbank below it. the telematics
    gateway is hidden behind the center stack.
    So that may preclude[will likely] adapting it to the pre-11s. But what the hey, a challenge is always nice this late in life.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta Canada
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sox View Post
    2011 chargerr and 300 are high speed bus
    Actually, this won't be a problem for me. I still have my original MyGig prototype harness and translator module that allowed me to put a MyGig into a pre-'08, and it involved putting an high speed MyGig into my '07 MSRT8, a low speed platform.

    But the key is going to be getting one's grubby little mitts on the radio itself, and all its key components.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Southern MD
    Posts
    5,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    go up there and ask if you can test drive a car with one in it for the day good luck! would be a neat conversion....I'd rock it!
    -Bill

    Challenger Mods: PWR 393, Mean Street heads, Procharger D1 pushing 11+psi, SHR Nag1, DSS 1400 axles and drive shaft, SHR trans but with Paramount Dominator and stage2 valve body to finally be error code/limp mode free. BBS CH-R's and custom splitter with 2011 front spoiler. AAC SMD halos, 3K fog lights, white stripes, cervini wing, hotchkis springs, custom 10" sub w/ kicker amp, sequential tail lights.
    2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    switzerland
    Posts
    1,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mlb12 View Post
    Actually, this won't be a problem for me. I still have my original MyGig prototype harness and translator module that allowed me to put a MyGig into a pre-'08, and it involved putting an high speed MyGig into my '07 MSRT8, a low speed platform.

    But the key is going to be getting one's grubby little mitts on the radio itself, and all its key components.

    very intresting!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a UConnect system in my 2007 300C. Are there any software upgrades available since that time that may have corrected some phone compatibility problems? For example, the phone will pair and hands free will connect, but the audio will not come through the car speakers, only through the phone.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    4,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer4 View Post
    Its not clear but does the navigation system give you real time traffic alerts and travel speed information like the IPhone does? All that stuff sounds neat but its the one main feature I dont have in my 06 Magnum with navigation. I dont want to tune to Sirius to get general traffic info for cities. I want my Garmin map to show speed, accidents, alternate routes, etc.
    No.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA




Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •