LX Forums Forum banner

Rockauto now has a pink thingy replacement

3K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  96GTS 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I got one sitting in my center console, just waiting for the wrong time to put it on I guess. The part is a cast metal and looks to be much better than the original but not as good as the BT product. The price is certainly right.

This was brought up a while back and people were bashing for not using the BT part so put your spatter shield up because poo will fly. :doh:

#3 ·
This was brought up a while back and people were bashing for not using the BT part so put your spatter shield up because poo will fly. :doh:
Whoops sorry I was pretty excited to share. :)
Is it aluminum?

#4 · (Edited)
Looks like cast potmetal. It's a replacement, but if it is potmetal that could be vulnerable also. As I look at it I am concerned the whole molded arm would fall off. But it is appealing at that price. I have the BT piece, and it comes with 0 worries.

#7 ·
Are my eyes bugging out, or is that picture showing a broken cast aluminum one? Not a very good advertisement as it looks like a broken version of the piece in the video (46 seconds in)...

I dunno man, ya get what ya pay for ...

#8 ·
That is some relief. That circled part doesn't look like a broken seam? I see the grind but to me I thought it was almost dip welded at a seam. I would think if they were putting a pic in an ad it would have looked like a polished turd, not one just off the assembly line. Thanks for the info, I didn't bother watching the vid.

#9 ·
Havent got mine yet....fingers crossed but I will be going BT...that is all!

#14 ·
Yep!!:thumbs_u:

#12 ·
This piece MAY work just fine but I KNOW the Billet Tech piece DEFINETLY works!. For $50 bucks or so, I am more then happy to spend the extra $30 bucks for a quality part from a quality company with a ZERO failure rate (as far as I know). I have the BT piece in both of my 300's. I'm good! :mrgreen:

#17 ·
At that price, i'll buy it and keep in it the glove box for when it does go.

(I am making it a goal to never have to change the ball joints or pink thing, i'll let you know how I make out)

Jay

#28 ·
why no just install it and save the trouble of having it break at the worst possible time. because that's when it will break. lol

Why someone would want to pay over double for this (BT) is beyond me...
because they are a great company that not only are made here but give alot of support not only to this forum but the LX community as well. all my customers get the ones from BT.

Do I need to worry about the pink thingy on my 2010 Challenger R/T or did Chrysler make a change to a weak design by now?
no, they changed the design for the 2008 model year.

#18 ·
I won a BT customer Appreciation drawing... so my $50 gift certificate when to the Shifter thingie... mine was in a way free... so i love it!

LOL whatever you decide... replace it asap...

#19 ·
I bought the rock auto replacement and it looks and installed perfect. It's a quality part. It does not take much to be better then plastic... Why someone would want to pay over double for this (BT) is beyond me... It was not till I got to it where I could see how even the cotter pin repair would have worked perfectly... If I had known more about it I would have done the pin repair (alteration) and I'm sure it would have been fine for the life of the car...

--

#21 ·
I bought the rock auto replacement and it looks and installed perfect. It's a quality part. It does not take much to be better then plastic... Why someone would want to pay over double for this (BT) is beyond me... It was not till I got to it where I could see how even the cotter pin repair would have worked perfectly... If I had known more about it I would have done the pin repair (alteration) and I'm sure it would have been fine for the life of the car...

--
I am glad it worked!:beerchug:

#20 ·
I bet anything this thing is made overseas, with the BT you have the peace of mind that it was built right here in the USA and your purchase is keeping someone employed.

#22 ·
Do I need to worry about the pink thingy on my 2010 Challenger R/T or did Chrysler make a change to a weak design by now?

#23 · (Edited)
the Rockauto one is made in China guys, we'r on the brink of war with them, BT is made in the good ole state of Florida. If you truly can't afford it, then what can you do. But if you have it like that, then please don't sell out on the vendor that originated it, instead of copying the design and then contracting the manufacturing to slave laborers.

#25 ·
:rock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.