Post Thanks / Like

max rpm on mean street heads?

I don't know if it's a perception or tuning, but it seems like folks running a s/c (procharger or vortech) aren't showing dyno's that run up to 6700ish rpm, seems like 6400rpm is the peak. Is this a head/valve spring/valve train restriction? rpms of the s/c maxed at at 62-6400 engine rpm? My current redline is 6700 if not more, maybe 6750.

Is it just ideal to max out a s/c engine to a lower rpm redline than a na motor?
    -Bill

Challenger Mods: PWR 393, Mean Street heads, Procharger D1 pushing 11+psi, SHR Nag1, DSS 1400 axles and drive shaft, SHR trans but with Paramount Dominator and stage2 valve body to finally be error code/limp mode free. BBS CH-R's and custom splitter with 2011 front spoiler. AAC SMD halos, 3K fog lights, white stripes, cervini wing, hotchkis springs, custom 10" sub w/ kicker amp, sequential tail lights.
    2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH

Post Thanks / Like
    The TCM was the problem. Now that the Tranzformer is in beta testing we might be seeing 7000rpm shifts soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    interesting....figured if I could redline at 6700 now, I should be able to shift there after a s/c install, maybe not hold it, but make the attempt before the tc slipped.

Share This Thread