Post Thanks / Like

Question MOFO Idea?? Stock midpipes vs Hi flow mids vs catless mids on cammed SRT-8

Would be awesome to see a MOFO that gave the facts on stock mids vs hi flow mids vs catless mids on a cammed 6.1 SRT-8...Currently trying to decide if I want to keep my Magnaflow Hi flow mids, cut the cats, or go with catless midpipes to pick up some more power. Would be great to see dyno comparo's like the TB testing done by Budoboy. I'm sure several others would like to see these results also.

People always speak in generalities when talking about midpipes and cats, but I'd love to see hard dyno numbers put to those statements.
    '14 Mustang GT 5.0...Race Red...6spd Manual...Stock...

Post Thanks / Like
    Has this already happened? Nobody cares I guess lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inferno6.1 View Post
    Has this already happened? Nobody cares I guess lol

thats cuz its 2am on a thursday evening and no one is online dude lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be very interested in those results
    The Magnum is sold!

Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody do it!! Stock mids, high flows, catless HP results please.
    Chrome MagnaCharger TVS2300
    PWR Blower Cam by CHT
    Getrag 3.06 w/226mm Axles
    Legmaker True CAI
    Mopar Catback
    AEM Boost And Wideband Gauges

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull SRT8 View Post
    Somebody do it!! Stock mids, high flows, catless HP results please.
    x2

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm actually looking for a set of catless midpipes to fit the stock manifolds. If someone sent me their high flow mids, I'd be happy to do this test on my stock-ish car (just put stock manifolds and cats back on yesterday) along with a test of the catless mids (if I can find any).
    1972 Dodge Van "Tigerlilly" - Blazing Copper/Sandstone Metallic - 360SB - N2O - 340 WHP N/A - 438 WHP N2O - 13.471 @ 97.53 mph N/A - 11.949 @ 113.33 mph N2O
    OMG - Van Viper V10 + 4L80E swap in progress...
    2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 "Leelu" - TorRed - 6.1L/6spd - Vortech V3 - 500+ whp/470+ wtq - 12.258 @ 113.06

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone on the forum is selling gutted stock mids for $200. Same as catless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikazam View Post
    I'm actually looking for a set of catless midpipes to fit the stock manifolds. If someone sent me their high flow mids, I'd be happy to do this test on my stock-ish car (just put stock manifolds and cats back on yesterday) along with a test of the catless mids (if I can find any).
    Great...Definitely post up results between catted and catless. Several of us are curious to know if there is any real difference in power...

Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't you do it yourself if you want the info?? If you post your results here and you aren't one of the chosen few your thread will be moved out of the MOFO section. Happened to me when I did a big face-off between 5 or 6 intakes and two throttle bodies (33+ dyno runs). Instead we get whole lot of nothing to look at for the past year. I don't see why anyone can't post their results. If the methodology sucks or there is bias that can be debated in the thread. But hiding the information where others can't find it doesn't do anyone any good.
    Last edited by budoboy; 02-06-2011 at 10:08 PM.
    First all motor LX in the 9's

Post Thanks / Like
    My next dyno is going to be with a blower on my car...So this really won't even apply to me...But I'm sure it could really be helpful to someone with cam only that is deciding between catless and catted mids.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inferno6.1 View Post
    My next dyno is going to be with a blower on my car...So this really won't even apply to me...But I'm sure it could really be helpful to someone with cam only that is deciding between catless and catted mids.
    Well you won't need a MOFO for that... Catless makes more power, No doubt about it!

Worlds first N/A stock motor LX Mopar 11sec.1/4mi. pass! Best SLB 11.660@117.63 1.70 60ft.
    Personal best time - heads, cam, ported intake, tune, 3,975#RW 11.071@126 1.51 60ft.

Fly wheel to drive wheel "Paratrain"

PWR 440 delivered!
    BFNY for the install!

Post Thanks / Like
    When/If I get around to passing my emission (get rid of problematic check engine light!) I will let anyone know the results I have before and after, same day, etc. May be a little while tho. I do plan to supercharge shortly as well, but I'd do this first anyway

Share This Thread