Post Thanks / Like

Looking for part 82207541

82207541: HARNESS, NEW STYLE RADIO TO OLD STYLE VEHICLE
    This is for my wife's 1999 300M so that I can install a newer head unit in the car. What's the pricing, availability and freight estimate to 11784 commercial address.

Jaak is offline Looking for that phuk I used to give.

Post Thanks / Like
    The next question (because I know the harness exists, I've seen it on a Jeep web site) is will the radio turn on?

I've tried to make my radio turn on, on the bench, by powering it and the accessory line, but I suspect it needs a CAN bus command to allow itself to turn on.

If this is the case, the harness will let you insert and eject discs, but may not let the radio turn on... If there's a work around for this, I know someone with a Cherokee, that wants to do the same thing.
    12.217 @ 117 mph on a stock motor

My Station Wagon was faster...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred
    82207541: HARNESS, NEW STYLE RADIO TO OLD STYLE VEHICLE
    This is for my wife's 1999 300M so that I can install a newer head unit in the car. What's the pricing, availability and freight estimate to 11784 commercial address.
    YGPM.
    Mopar Parts, Accessories, Performance.

Jason Evans
    www.MoparStore.com
    Phone: 800-839-3660
    Hours - 8-5 Pacific time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaak
    The next question (because I know the harness exists, I've seen it on a Jeep web site) is will the radio turn on?

I've tried to make my radio turn on, on the bench, by powering it and the accessory line, but I suspect it needs a CAN bus command to allow itself to turn on.

If this is the case, the harness will let you insert and eject discs, but may not let the radio turn on... If there's a work around for this, I know someone with a Cherokee, that wants to do the same thing.
    2002 style harness, I'm not trying to put a 2005 radio in the car, and to the best of my knowledge they're all PCI bus units before 2005's CAN bus switchover.

Jaak is offline Looking for that phuk I used to give.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup... Good!

Post Thanks / Like
    so the 04's and 05's use the same physical connector despite the change in wiring?

Share This Thread