Post Thanks / Like

Autometer C2 Wideband (model 7178) issues...

Hey guys, my wideband appears to have gone belly up after working for a couple of days. It was reading around 14-15 at cruise (normal) and lean at WOT, around 14.3 for the first few days. I had it just kinda sitting on the dash and the plug on the back was not staying in very well, fell out a couple of times.

Well I had my exhaust on kinda half-assed, and when I went to tighten it I found out some jag-off (me) forgot to tighten down the rear 02 sensors all the way. So I tightened them up, and the next day my wideband was stuck at 16.5 (maxed out). I messed with the settings and no matter what I do it stays at whatever the max is set to, although one time I did it get it to sorta bounce between 20.0 and 19.9...

So I guess my question is this... did I ruin the sensor? Anyone had issues with theirs? Or know what pins I need to check for voltage (did some searching on google and couldn't really find much) or did I screw it up by not having the 02 sensors in all the way? Know how to reset the gauge to factory stock? The instructions are worthless and There's no way my motor is running THAT lean, because I'd assume it would be knocking/pinging/something by now but it runs great.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Last edited by CplDaugherty; 09-23-2010 at 02:06 PM.
    If you can read this, thank a Teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a MARINE.

Sponsored by Billet Technology