I hate even having to ask this question - How do you remove the starter from an '05 AWD Hemi Magnum? I have pulled the wiring and removed the (2) 15MM bolts holding the starter to the flywheel housing. Starter is loose and I have been playing with it for an 20-minutes trying to find any angle / direction / hole to physically remove the starter from the car. It's caged in and I cannot seem to find a way to remove it! Stupid I know, but a little help would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks All...
2005 R/T AWD - Inferno Red - Bone Stock
2007 6.7L CTD - Inferno Red - Mega Cab
From the manual.... Hope it helps ya.........
ALL WHEEL DRIVE (AWD)
1. Disconnect and isolate negative battery cable.
2. Raise and support vehicle.
The steering gear assembly must be partially lowered to gain access to starter. Do not disconnect any hydraulic
hoses or remove any steering linkage. Proceed.
3. Remove coupling bolt (pinch bolt) securing steering gear to steering column.
4. Remove three steering gear mounting bolts and slightly lower gear. Temporarily support the steering gear.
5. Remove steering gear heat-shield.
6. Remove two starter mounting bolts (2).
7. Move starter motor (1) towards front of vehicle far
enough for nose of starter to clear. Always support
starter motor (1) during this process. Do not let
starter motor hang from wire harness.
8. Remove battery cable-to-solenoid nut.
9. Remove solenoid wire from solenoid stud.
10. Remove starter motor.
Arrington Forged 6.1..ported 5.7 Eagles..HHP Ported Intake
227/235 cam..Paramount Trans..Dominator..RPM Roll Bar
Nitrous Outlet..DSS driveshaft..CTP DSL..'09 Getrag 3.06
Kooks..Corsa..LMI 4"..ATI 13% UD pulley..Billet Tech..BFNY
email@example.com w/1.61 60' NAfirstname.lastname@example.org w/1.51 60' N20
Thank you. Might add that it's much easier if you pull the LF tire.