Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plug dilemma

Post Thanks / Like

Plug dilemma

Ok here is my dilemma, i have an 06 3.5 mag and i got some 300C mirrors for it. the thing is i want to install them but the plugs are not the same as you can see in the photos and i don't want to cut the plugs on the mag to do this, the actual plug that fits the 300C mirrors and the ones i need to be able to install the them is the same as the one for the UConnect Rear View Mirror. my question is does anyone know where i can get that plug...
    Last edited by allen1013; 09-10-2010 at 09:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    cant you just pop the wires out of the connector??? and swap the wires over to the mag connector???

Post Thanks / Like
    True.... but with out the plug ill be taking a chance on it shorting out being the mirrors are heated and auto dimming if any of the wires were to come in contact with each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    But i see what you saying Couve Mag, i can take each individual wire and slide them to each pin on the mirror and add heat shrink tubing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not exactly what he is saying. If you look at the connector you need to remove from your magnum, there is a way to get the pins to slide out of the connector. Then you can insert them into the connector you need from the 300 (probably have to get it from the dealer). Then it would just plug in..... does that make a little more sense?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah i know, but if push comes to shove and i don't find the plug, i can remove each wire from my mag (white plug) and slide them to each pin on to the 300C mirror with heat shrink tubing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by allen1013 View Post
    True.... but with out the plug ill be taking a chance on it shorting out being the mirrors are heated and auto dimming if any of the wires were to come in contact with each other.
    i know this is the long way but safe... electrical tape each one as you pull em out if youre worried.. also wouldnt disconnecting the battery prevent this??? im no wiring guru just throwing out ideas...

Post Thanks / Like
    You could buy the the uconnect harness that goes from the a-pillar to the mirror, I think I paid like $20-25 a few years back, of course you would two. The other option is to find if you can buy the connector with pigtail from the dealer. Might try to pm funkyckn, he could probably tell you pretty quick if it available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Um? why not just slide the pins out of the plug from the 300c mirrors, and slide the pins out of the plug from the Magnum mirrors and switch plugs? is there more wires or am i missing something?
    5.7L Hemi Registry #1410, AWD. SC Tuner, Flowmaster Delta 40s, Frankentake 4, Air Silencer Delete, More Air Mod, Auto Lights Mod....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 300MAG View Post
    You could buy the the uconnect harness that goes from the a-pillar to the mirror, I think I paid like $20-25 a few years back, of course you would two. The other option is to find if you can buy the connector with pigtail from the dealer. Might try to pm funkyckn, he could probably tell you pretty quick if it available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do ya have the part#

robpp is online now Our Forefathers Would Be Shooting By NOW
    Post Thanks / Like
    to get a part number for the dealer::::

1. go here and choose whatever Year and Model you need. http://dto.vftis.com/mopar/platform_...asp?return=new

2. hit Select this vehicle. orange page loads.

DO NOT DO ANYTHING BUT HIT THE GO Button on the orange page and wait for ALL the connectors for Selected Vehicle to load. the list is alphabetical.

there are about 8 mirror items. it gives you the mopar number when you click into any connector. to then order that or call dealer, take the 0 off the front of the number provided and give them that.

007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X;
    UNBadged; SRT8: Grill, Pedals, Strut Brace, Front Sway; OEM: Body Kit, Front Skid, WH Side Markers; ClearBra; WeatherTech; Tinted; Stubbie; Magnaflow; 22Elite Console/Visors; Painted/TintedTails; QuickOilDrainValve; Addco Rear Sway; BWoody Sway Links; Kicker Upgrade; AVIC F90BT Hacked; R1 Slot/Dimple; Hawk ProCeramic; Icon Blades; B-Quiet; JR Door Locks; Lockbox Console; BLUE LEDS by LXHARNESS; Leather Door Bolsters/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robpp View Post
    to get a part number for the dealer::::

1. go here and choose whatever Year and Model you need. http://dto.vftis.com/mopar/platform_...asp?return=new

2. hit Select this vehicle. orange page loads.

DO NOT DO ANYTHING BUT HIT THE GO Button on the orange page and wait for ALL the connectors for Selected Vehicle to load. the list is alphabetical.

there are about 8 mirror items. it gives you the mopar number when you click into any connector. to then order that or call dealer, take the 0 off the front of the number provided and give them that.
    YOU ARE THE MAN robp!!!!! i just placed that order.. Thanks

robpp is online now Our Forefathers Would Be Shooting By NOW
    Post Thanks / Like
    no worries. glad to help.

save that link it comes in handy when ANYONE is asking about connectors or wire pinouts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure will........

Post Thanks / Like
    problem solved, thanks to robpp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread