Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Aluminum 5.0L Hemi $6000

Here is your chance to own a very rare 5.0L Gen III Aluminum Hemi Shortblock. These blocks were manufactured to be built by Mclaren Engines and used to race in the Grand-Am circuit which is limited to 5.0L engines. This engine utilizes the following components.

Bryant Billet Crankshaft: 2.953" (This is a $4000 crankshaft according to the guys at Bryant)
    Carrillo 6.500" Connecting Rods ($2600 a set according to Carrillo)
    JE 4.080" Pistons/Rings/Wrist Pins
    ATI Balancer (Built specifically for use with the Bryant crankshaft)

P5153896AA is the block part number. It was never available for purchase and from what I understand, only 5 were produced, but this could be incorrect. Up for sale are numbers 003, 004, and 005. They are sold "as is" and I have no idea what it would take to work in our cars. It is setup to be a dry-sump motor and Daily engineering did the dry-sump kit for it. The cylinder walls are already plateau honed to near 4.08". The block is considerably lighter than the iron block and even lighter than the production aluminum blocks. All components are in-house and can ship the following business day.

We will be keeping 1 & 2 and will be installing one of them into an older road runner.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2 and weights %3.
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2 and weights %3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whats the catch?

Post Thanks / Like
    These were never run ?

MM305 - You are going to have to put some coin into these, but they should be real fun in a light car without the factory electronics. You would want to spin this motor, huge bore short stroke this thing should scream with the air our heads move.

I would love to see what they did to the cylinder heads for these motors.

-Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleMan305 View Post
    Whats the catch?
    Why you ready to quit bench racing??? Buy that thing Ill cut you a killer deal installing it..

Post Thanks / Like
    it sure looks pretty !

N/A ET
    10.44@128 < Once upon a Time

Joy ride TT Challenger 9.71@143

Slow Poking along in Stock to a T 6.1

Post Thanks / Like
    These motor wer made to run in the high RPM

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the block the same size as the Gen III cast block with just less displacement?
    Chris Hull
    (516) 532-6662
    All LX/LC SRT and RT welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PWR_Brad View Post
    These motor wer made to run in the high RPM

Thats were its going to catch ALOT of folks.... Our TCM programing has not quite caught up yet to the point we can rev these babies high enough to take avantage of the potential. You have to change the electronics and go for the FAST system

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobAGD View Post
    These were never run ?

MM305 - You are going to have to put some coin into these, but they should be real fun in a light car without the factory electronics. You would want to spin this motor, huge bore short stroke this thing should scream with the air our heads move.

I would love to see what they did to the cylinder heads for these motors.

-Robert
    Agreed Rob, The Manifold Wilson made for this combo is around here somewhere. Rtr0id has one right now he's playin with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well also youhave to worry a bit about the factory valve bits.

As of now the ONLY after market rocker system out is the Jessel and you are looking at $4k plus the head machining to make it work.

I would think the dry sump set up would be 7-10k as well.

If I could I would build a motor like this for a stripped out Chally race car... zoooooom

-R

Post Thanks / Like
    4k for dry sump oiling from daily engineering. The stage 4 heads will handle 8500rpm with the factory rockers. rollers not needed. The corvette C5r uses the same swipe style rocker.

challengers already competed in that race using factory rockers.

Post Thanks / Like
    4k for dry sump oiling from daily engineering. The stage 4 heads will handle 8500rpm with the factory rockers. rollers not needed. The corvette C5 uses the same swipe style rocker.

The rockers aren't the major issue. It's the amount of spring pressure you can safely get away with to run that RPM. And with the dry sump, you've solved the other issue at that rpm.

But man would I love to have one of those to play with. Wanna cut a deal, I got a couple of spare kids here you can have. I swear they're almost house broken.
    From wild to extra wild we got you covered with crap ya never knew you needed.

The first 6.1 transformation and it all went down hill from there.

08 route 66 burnout champion 07 Shindig 6.1NA winner. Willow Springs 1:42!!. 11.796 @ 117mph

Post Thanks / Like
    4k for dry sump oiling from daily engineering. The stage 4 heads will handle 8500rpm with the factory rockers. rollers not needed. The corvette C5r uses the same swipe style rocker.

Ill be honest if I was racing it I would not have warm fuzzies running the factory rockers.

4k for the complete Dry System ? (Pan, pumps, filters, hoses & fittings ?) because thats not bad at all.

Still some sexy stuff there.

-R

Post Thanks / Like
    I've done some research on these motors and found that they give me a woody. You are welcome again for my expert opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    They belong in a 67-69 A body
    2006 MSRT8 in Brilliant Black, Options I,II,III, Sunroof and Sideairbags, Free Auto On Headlight Mod, Headlights on wth wipers, Highbeams on with Fog Lights, Hacked Nav, MOPAR Remote Start, BLACKEND I-Pass, Tailgate Plugs, 20% Tint Side Front Windows, Smoke LED Tailights, Airhammer CAI, Kooks LoKo Coated headers, Hi-Flow Cats, JBA 3" Cat Back, eibach sways. Fri Ported Intake, Fri Street Heads, Fri Littleboy Cam, P.I. 2800 Stall Converter, Custom Autometer 5 gauge over the visor pod, B.T. 65 Standard Hurst Shift conversion, TommyZ Hood S.N. 2. 180 degree T-Stat, BT Ported TB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread