Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Water Outlet Housing Leaking Coolant...

Has anyone had coolant leaking from the water outlet housing? Mine is leaking and according to what I've been googling, this is a common problem with the V6 engines. This housing is the black plastic housing with a bleeder nut and is located on the end of the top radiator hose (engine side). I noticed I was low on coolant and I saw dry coolant between the heads. I topped it off and after letting it pressurize, it would start leaking very slow from the top of the housing. I know there are two white orings under the housing, but I don't think it's leaking from there. Could this be just a poor Chrysler design? I'd appreciate any information or advice. Thanks in advance.
    300withouttheC out of San Diego, California

Post Thanks / Like
    they have updated the design on the new one. when you buy it you will recieve the updated part.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a replacement part from Napa for $40. replaced it in 5 minutes, not leaking anymore.

Need a tire calculator? Use this one.
    Plenty more pics on my Facebook page

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkycld View Post
    I bought a replacement part from Napa for $40. replaced it in 5 minutes, not leaking anymore.
    you have that part #??

Post Thanks / Like
    whats the part number? or the official name for the part?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog425 View Post
    you have that part #??
    Quote Originally Posted by chadfarr View Post
    whats the part number? or the official name for the part?
    Here you go. Coolant Air Bleeder.
    http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Det...45_0061093433#

Post Thanks / Like
    the new stock part doesnt have the bleeder in this part its in the down tube that bolts on (all one part when you get from mopar)
    New Ride In the Making! Like it on the Book and watch the build progress

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Here is my problem. Everywhere I have been looking for this part like Autozone, Kragen, Carquest, Napa, do not have the water outlet housing I need. The water outlet housing in the picture above is the one they keep offering me. The bleeder on mine is located on the pipe with the temp sensor connector is. It is kind of in the same location, just on the pipe and not on the housing. So if I put this one on my vehicle I would then have two bleeders? Any suggestions? Here are the differences...

Attachment 24146

Attachment 24147
    Last edited by 300withouttheC; 08-10-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is what is on mine verses the one they keep offering me above...Attachment 24148
    Last edited by 300withouttheC; 08-10-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put the one with the bleeder on mine and still no leaks. Works for me. What negative effect is it to have 2 bleeders?

Post Thanks / Like
    I put the one with the bleeder on mine and still no leaks. Works for me. What negative effect is it to have 2 bleeders?
    Do you have 2 bleeders on yours now that you've had a replacement? I don't think that it would be harmful for your engine two have two bleeders, I just wouldn't like it there if it doesn't have to be there. One is fine, but not two in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 300withouttheC View Post
    Do you have 2 bleeders on yours now that you've had a replacement? I don't think that it would be harmful for your engine two have two bleeders, I just wouldn't like it there if it doesn't have to be there. One is fine, but not two in my opinion.
    well then i guess you will have to pony up at the dealership for the one without the bleeder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MOL SRT-8 View Post
    well then i guess you will have to pony up at the dealership for the one without the bleeder.
    /\ /\ /\ ditto. the dealership may be your only option to get the exact same part without the bleeder. No one else (aftermarket) sells it that way, that I have been able to find anyway.

Yes, I have 2 bleeders on mine now. Not that it interferes with the operation of it in anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    /\ /\ /\ ditto. the dealership may be your only option to get the exact same part without the bleeder. No one else (aftermarket) sells it that way, that I have been able to find anyway.

Yes, I have 2 bleeders on mine now. Not that it interferes with the operation of it in anyway.
    Thank you guys for your inputs. I really appreciate it for reals! I was afraid that my only option is the dealership. I guess two bleeders wouldn't be so bad. When I replace this one, I'm going to look into getting one made out of aluminum or some kind of metal to replace this poor design. Glue and plastic doesn't make sense to me and this should be a recall on the V6s as several people are having or have had this issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    two bleeders will not effect anything dont see the big deal i dont even have one on mine and have no issues its more to help burp the system......

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread