Post Thanks / Like

stage 2 pkg or vortec?

What is the best bang for the buck on a 6.1L? the stage 2 heads and cam package or a vortech supercharger? which 1 is more dependable? which one provides the most hp and torque? which one would be better suited for a street car(driveablilty)? Oh and which is cheaper?

Post Thanks / Like
    The stage 2 kit is the way to go. Then you never haveto worry about part throttle boost. Plus I know two hhp cars with the package you mentioned running 11.15 and 11.11 it's a proven set up
    Last edited by 8yourM5; 08-02-2010 at 12:58 PM.
    PWR 393, Twin 6262mm Turbos, SHR trans, Fore Fuel system, Wilson Hemi Sheet Metal Manifold
    880 RWHP 775 RWT at 16 psi and 17* of timing
    Tuned by Robert@ Ditos motors
    Walk Softly And Carry Two Big A$$ Turbos!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dodirty View Post
    What is the best bang for the buck on a 6.1L? the stage 2 heads and cam package or a vortech supercharger? which 1 is more dependable? which one provides the most hp and torque? which one would be better suited for a street car(driveablilty)? Oh and which is cheaper?
    For a street car and daily driver I would do the heads and cam. It is also less than expensive and more bang for the buck than supercharger.

Jeff

Check us out online at www.HighHorsePerformance.com
    Pick up the phone and call us toll free at 888-894-1115
    Email us at sales@highhorseperformance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    plus you get the great customer service that hhp is known for

Post Thanks / Like
    so with the stage 2 cam , is it required that you change the heads at the same time or is that something that can be done a little later? I would like to get the ball rolling now but dont have all the funding to do so but i could do the cam now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dodirty View Post
    so with the stage 2 cam , is it required that you change the heads at the same time or is that something that can be done a little later? I would like to get the ball rolling now but dont have all the funding to do so but i could do the cam now.
    Yes, you will need upgraded springs/retainers for the stage 2 cam so you might as well get the heads ported if you are going to all that effort.
    First all motor LX in the 9's

Post Thanks / Like
    Plus you're only 30 or so minutes away from our shop here in Newark, DE. You couldn't be in a better location to run either, and we're at the local tracks at least once a month with the HEMI's so you can go throw down, lol.

Joshua, HHP
    www.HHPRacing.com
    The Official Home of the Most Powerful Modern 5.7L, 6.1L, 392ci & 426ci HEMI Engine Packages.
    The Leader In LX Performance Parts & Installation
    Check Us Out Online & Contact Us Today At 1-888-894-1115

Serving the members of this forum since 2004.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey josh i spoke to you last week on the phone about the headers,(claude's friend) Im coming to see you soon to talk about stage 2 vs supercharger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds great! Just let me know when you want to swing down.

Joshua, HHP

Share This Thread