Post Thanks / Like

How in the *&^% do you adjust rear Eibach coilovers?

I installed Eibach coilovers yesterday on a 2009 SRT Challenger. They ride is awesome & the handling is much improved but now I want to lower the car & I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I adjusted the spring mount all the way down but all that did was unload the spring without lowering the car one centimeter. WTF? I'm assuming that I must now have to adjust the shock but I don't see how or where to adjust it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eibach springs are not adjustable, at least the ones that I have seen.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
    My friends call me JONN (usually).

Post Thanks / Like
    The coil overs should be adjustable. Are you moving the spanner nuts all the way down? Do you have a picture so we can see what you are looking at?

Need a tire calculator? Use this one.
    Plenty more pics on my Facebook page

Post Thanks / Like
    They Eibach coilover is adjustable. All you do is bring the spring mount down and it will sit lower. once down you will have to letthe spring and shock adjust and settle

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, I just looked at Eibach's website and saw they do have adjustable ones. I was just familiar with the non adjustable coilovers, springs and shocks that they offer. Hmmmm, learn something everyday.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the eibach coilovers and it is kinda of a pian to do the rear. There is a key that came with the coilovers. I put my car on a rack and turned the release collar counter clock wise. This will lower the car. I used a caliper to make my adjustments. You and also count the thread on the coilover and play it by sight. The front is way easyer.
    Facebook:Lance Doss
    Twitter: Lance'sride

Mods:Two Tone Dark Blue Metallic & Stone White/ Danko Front Spoiler/ Clear Corners/ AAC Blue CFL halo's/ SRT rear wing/ rear window wing/ Smoked tail lights/ Switch back front turn signals/ Black Ops Viper hood/ 22inch USW Competition 3.0/ US Air Ride Ride/ Koni Shocks/ Stack Performance Chubby sway bars/ Speedlogix front & rear sway bar endlinks/ Killer Glass radiator hose/ RDP CAI/ Billet Technology goodies / 3G goodies/ Razors Edge Strut bar/ Custom Audio System

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies. I talked to the manufacturer today & I think that I now know what the problem is. They said that you need to loosen the inner pivot bolt. That makes sense & I'll try it this weekend. I have the car put away for the week since I need to carry a ladder.

I'll post something if I figure it out because I've looked all over the forum & the internet & I can't find any tips on how to adjust these.

By the way, that Magnum that MAGFX has is cool as sh*t.

Share This Thread