Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tq Converter Diagnosis!!!!!

About a month back, we had a member purchase a tq converter from us that he felt was defective. We had reason to believe that there was nothing wrong with the converter, but we offered to replace the converter with a new one. The customer decided he wanted his money back instead and I decided that I was not going to bend our policy of "all sales are final" since the customer was bad mouthing us online for what we felt was an issue not related to the product itself. After about a week of the customer posting negatively about us, I decided to give him a refund and asked that he send the Precision Industries converter to ATI performance so that I could determine if it truly was defective. At this point, I had already given the refund, but I wanted to make sure that the product was indeed in 100% working order. In this industry, anything is possible so even though I felt there was nothing wrong with the converter, I wanted to send it to an independent source to determine the truth. If we would have sent the converter back to the manufacturer, they likely would have said there was nothing wrong with it which would be more difficult for myself and for the customer to believe. Keep in mind that ATI performance compete's against Precision Industries in the tq converter market, so they have more reason to point out a flaw than anything else.

This is not intended to be a "bash the customer thread", in fact I have no hard feelings toward the customer as he did not know who to blame. The purpose of this thread is so that the community knows that when there is an issue, I have no problem working with the customer to try and determine the cause. At this point, the customer should look at other possibilities for the issue, other than the converter. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

You Tube

I also dont see any bent fins like some of our competitors like to claim

Post Thanks / Like
    Cant makem all happy i here nothing but good about pwr an it will take a whole hellava lot of bashin for me to think diff..good post
    SIKHEMI .2006 BB SRT8 charger, D1 Prochaged, SRTMax cam, Zoomers exhaust, Electric cutouts ,Diablotoona tuned,Lorenzo wl21wheels, 6 ring AAC dual color red/white halos, Carbonfiber sniper hood, Carbonfiber pvo trunk ,tinted tails, Tinted windows, custom SRT8 decals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess the dude that bought it just over reacted to everything like he usually does.
    BFNY Performance
    9515 Detroit Rd,Cleveland Ohio 44102
    440-787-7235 8am- 5pm

BFNYPERFORMANCE@YAHOO.COM
    RIP NHDave
    RIP LOU1355

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm.....

Current - 2006 Dodge 'Dirty Whore 2.0/Project Junk' Magnum R/T - Cool Vanilla - starting from scratch
    Current - 2012 Dodge Journey SXT V6 - Pearl White
    Current - 2011 Ford 'Whorus' Taurus Limited - a step back from modding
    RIP - 2005 Dodge 'Dirty Whore' Magnum R/T (12/7/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    The customer is a well, customer. However, it was kinda cool watching the converter get cut open.
    Join the Caravan for SF10!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SF10caravan
    Twitter: @SF10Caravan
    Web: sf10caravan.com

2012 300SRT--Mods so far....CMR tune from Toona, tinted taillights, Kooks LTs and high flow cats, GTHaus catback, Comp 274 cam, Mopar lowering springs, HIDs in the driving lights, tinted windows, LMI true CAI, and a bunch of BT bling.

Powered by PWR Tooned by Johan Blinged by Billet Technologies

2009 MBP GCSRT8 (SOLD) / 2006 Brilliant Black Charger SRT (SOLD)

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent post Brad.
    2006 Inferno Red Charger SRT8
    K-1 426
    K-1 427

K-1 428

SHR trans|Wavetrac&3.23s|DSS shafts
    Built by Cam
    Tuned by Sohfast94

*Car sold, and missed, September 2013*

Post Thanks / Like
    Brad, I will respectfully disagree with you on one thing. I was one of the guys a while back that got a bad PI verter out of a handful that was sent out defective. when it was sent off to PI, Terry the owner, tore it down and said yep it's bad and sent another one.
    He's a stand up guy and I don't believe he would try and cover up one of his defective verters.

PWR 426, Paramount Tranny/4000 dominator, PWR cam 247/252 115+2LSA, Apache Heads,
    Modern Muscle ported intake/90mm TB, Kooks LT headers, Billy Boat exhaust. LMI Intake

Installed with love by AMP!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi31 View Post
    Guess the dude that bought it just over reacted to everything like he usually does.
    Wasn't me this time!
    2006 Dodge Charger R/T
    2013 Chrysler 300S

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiPowered5700 View Post
    Wasn't me this time!
    i was wondering if it was you but then i remembered you dealt with someone else lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim,

I agree, Just simply putting that people could have come back and said just that. That the owner was trying to cover something up.

Not saying he would have, but you know people would be thinking that deep down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimIsland-SRT8 View Post
    Brad, I will respectfully disagree with you on one thing. I was one of the guys a while back that got a bad PI verter out of a handful that was sent out defective. when it was sent off to PI, Terry the owner, tore it down and said yep it's bad and sent another one.
    He's a stand up guy and I don't believe he would try and cover up one of his defective verters.
    i think he meant "could have said" not "would of said"

have to give props to PWR for sending it to an independent to be tested.

Everbody makes mistakes, its how the company handles the error that shows its character.
    Blow it up and trailer it home!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rtr0id View Post
    i think he meant "could have said" not "would of said"

have to give props to PWR for sending it to an independent to be tested.

Everbody makes mistakes, its how the company handles the error that shows its character.
    Kudos to PWR for going the extra mile here. I used to deal with a much more difficult set of parameters when I owned a race bike shop. My primary market was road race bikes, mainly suspension. The average amateur truly believed if they bought enough Ohlins gear, and did things such as make random adjustments to 3-Way suspension, they would see seconds come off lap times at Road Atlanta and such. When the suspension didn't make them superman all on it's own there was almost ALWAYS something wrong besides their skill level. I wish it had been as easy as opening the forks/shock to prove there wasn't. Glad you guys had a clear-cut way to show it wasn't the converter
    Last edited by Clean300C; 07-09-2010 at 03:18 PM.
    2006 300C with PWR 397 Stroker, Builder Bill Paramount Transmission, DSS 1000 h.p. DS, Getrag 3.06, JLine 2 Piece staggered 20's, Full Pedders Bushings, TEIN SS w/EDFC, Hotchkis Sways, RE Strut Bars, SRT-8 Interior, Corsa/LMI/Predator, AVIC Z-110BT, BT everywhere and alot more...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PWR_Brad View Post
    Jim,

I agree, Just simply putting that people could have come back and said just that. That the owner was trying to cover something up.

Not saying he would have, but you know people would be thinking that deep down.
    10-4 Terry is really a good dude.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim,

I completly agree. Terry is a great guy and excellent customer service as well.

Was done this way, that way no one could say anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Who put it in? Installer error?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread