Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bob! loud without the drone?

Bob, I read on here alot of people using your products. Great looking stuff. Question is, if I just buy the 11db mandrel bent suitcase deletes, am I gonna get drone? I just bought this car a couple months ago. Did cold air intake and figured this was my next step. Of course, like anyone, just tryin to not break the bank but want louder without drone. Suggestions? 05 Magnum r/t..... Rolled tips (saw that question to others so i thought i would mention that too) Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the 7db kit for my 300c and I get some drone. IIRC he told me 5-6db won't give you drone, but you'll run into it with anything above that.

I've got about 1K on my setup so far and it seems to be taming down a bit, but there is some drone right around the 2000rpm mark.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been told by Bob that the 11db there will be a good amount of drone. For people like me that use it as a kid hauler I was told to stay around the 5db to 6db mark. If Bob dosent respond to this post send him an e-mail (on his site) he responds very quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys. Kid hauler is right. I want the sound but dont need a three year old with migraines! And jlohrenz, is the drone tolerable in your opinion on that kit u have? Maybe I will just drive 85mph everywhere! that will keep me above 2200 rpms

Post Thanks / Like
    5db is the safest option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Much appreciated Bob. You sure have alot of faithfulls on here. I will be buying in the next few weeks hopefully!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the 11db and there is drone. My kids is almost in college plus wears headphones all the time. I'm good with the drone but small children should not be near these pipes. Some old people too.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have the 11db kit with 40 series and the drone puts my kids to sleep.its not that loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cnhman2008 View Post
    i have the 11db kit with 40 series and the drone puts my kids to sleep.its not that loud
    There might be a difference between the 5.7 and 6.1 as far as sound goes but the drone is lessening. I've only had this kit one week so maybe I'm getting use to it. I adjusted my driving style alittle and it's worked out well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the BB challenger resonator eliminaters with the 40 series mufflers and the drone is almost unbearable. Gonna try th 6 or 7 db resonator pipes.
    Legmaker 4" True CAI, Flowmaster catback, 180 jet stat., Billitt catchcan, no ESP mod, MTCM, Diablo custom tune, razor's edge front strut bar, Hellwig front & rear sway bars, Koni STR street struts and shocks, Progress technology lowing springs (2" drop). Factory Repro Viper 20" machined faced rims, Hankook 255/45ZR/20 Tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    How good is the rumble with the 6 or 7db pipes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like 6db may be what I wanna look at. Thanks for all the input, guys

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the 11DB, and well, it's loud and droney(?). So I got 3.91 gears to bring the R's up. It tamed it down a lot, but I talked with Bob a while ago and I will probably get the quieter tips eventually. Had them on 2 years now.

If you like loud go for the 11's, otherwise get a much lower number.
    392 based 6.1 PWR heads. 3.06 Getrag, DSS 1400 HP axles
    Danko Shaker Stock 6.1 intake BBK 90mm throttle body, SRT manifolds
    Paramount DOMINATOR converter 4400
    Tuned by OST Mike

Team BFNY Best ET 11.55 w/ 1.55 60' so far...@ Norwalk 4-19-14

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I will shoot for the 6's. Drone sucks... just sayin.... Hate to admit it but had a 88 stang with a 351 in it and it droned really bad at 2200 rpm!!!! it had to go. Thanks again for all the advice guys

Share This Thread