Post Thanks / Like

5.7 based 393 with Kenne Bell 648! rwhp

Kenne Bell 2.8L LC
    PWR 393 Shortblock
    PWR Super Street Heads
    PWR-235 Camshaft

Quoting the customer:

Just picked the car up yesterday from Mr. Norm's and needless to say, she's a real handful now, lol. After I finished the motor ordeal back in January, the next step was to break it in naturally aspirated for a while to let the rings seat properly and make sure everything was all good. The plan was to put my Vortech back on with a few changes, such as going to an intercooler, and of course a smaller pulley.

During that timespan, the stars aligned properly and I found myself in a position to be able to step it up some. A twin screw is where I always wanted to be, but never thought Id be able to take the plunge financially. However things changed for the better and I sold my Vortech and before I knew it, I was talking to Tim from Mr. Norm's just prior to the Unlawful Gathering back in April. I pulled the trigger on the 2.8L liquid cooled unit in black and I couldnt be happier.

The unit is really top notch quality. Everyone that I have showed it to has complimented on how nice it looks on top of the engine... like it could have came that way from the factory. I think it looks beautiful sitting up there! What a work of art.

As for driving? She's a real monster now. Im used to going WOT out of nowhere after having my Vortech for so long which did the same thing, but this time around I really gotta be careful. Just a tad bit more horsepower this time around lol. But man I tell ya, when you bury your foot in this thing, this MF'er just hauls ass and nothing's stoppin ya!

Oh you wanted to see pics??

Yea yea yea.... :ttiwwp:

And my personal favorite picture.... all because I was ecstatic when I found out that the intake tube cleared both the Billet Tech valve cover and coil pack cover!

Oh you wanted to see a video too?

Click the image below.

Love that signature Kenne Bell whine!

So here's the break down....

We had her pullied up to about 15 lbs. during the trial rounds to feel out the fuel system. With the 15lb pulley on, she made 648 hp at the tires, and 597 ft/lbs of torque. I was thoroughly impressed! My goal was about 600 to the wheels, so that exceeded my expectations hands down. However, we found ourselves running out of fuel above 6,000rpm, so that's where Tim wanted to set the rev limiter at. In doing so, we needed to make sure that the car would shift on it's own when it hit that point (since the tranny shift points are technically higher than that), and unfortunately that did not work out in my favor.

So for the meantime, we pullied it back down to 11 psi so that it was safe enough to hit a shift point and not run too lean. At 11 psi, she made 58X to the tires (cant remember exactly what the dyno sheet said... but I will post them as soon as Tim gets a chance to email them over). Still a very respectable number, and a bit more well-mannered for the street as well. So basically, if I can square away my fuel system a bit more, she is just a pulley swap away from 650+ to the ground since the motor can definitely handle what I plan to push at her. Im currently running a single 255 walbro, a KB boost-a-pump, -6 feed line, BT rails, and Mopar SRT4 stage II injectors. Future plans would include runnind dual 255's and ditching the BAP, Fore fuel hat, return line, and probably 80 lb injectors. Once that goes in, it's play time....

But then I will need me a transmission and me has no monies left right now....

Still got a few more things lined up to install before Ohio next month, so my bag of tricks aint empty just yet....

-Pat

P.S. A big thanks goes out to Tim, Andy, and Rhonda from Mr. Norm's. They are some great people to deal with and they really love these Mopars. You know you are in the right place when you walk in and the showroom is filled with LX's and every single one of them has at least 200 more horsepower than what Im hoping to put down when my car is finished, lol. Cannot begin to express how pleased I am with my Mr. Norm's experience so far. :thumbs_up:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote from Tim @ Mr. Norm's
    "
    The car has alot left in it. Fuel supply was our stopping point. It can easily make 700rwhp on 93 octane. This was through a automatic as well. Stick car would be around 675rwhp.

I've done a few KB car's with PWR engines. I must say, Andy's engines love to make big power. "

Post Thanks / Like
    Man that's so awesome! Good luck Pat and enjoy!
    Last edited by slideway; 06-26-2010 at 03:22 PM.

Worlds first N/A stock motor LX Mopar 11sec.1/4mi. pass! Best SLB 11.660@117.63 1.70 60ft.
    Personal best time - heads, cam, ported intake, tune, 3,975#RW 11.071@126 1.51 60ft.

Fly wheel to drive wheel "Paratrain"

PWR 440 delivered!
    BFNY for the install!

Post Thanks / Like
    pats car is a beast now... that 393 makes some big numbers on a dyno and at the track....

good stuff guys

Post Thanks / Like
    1. It's an ERL shortblock...just don't want anyone to forget that.

2. It's a 397"...at least that's what was told to Pat...

3. Are you sure it's a 235 cam? I'd like to see Pat's cam card...so would he.

4. He has Street/Strip heads...unless he got the wrong ones from which he ordered.

Kthankxbye.
    2006 Dodge Charger R/T
    2013 Chrysler 300S

Share This Thread