Post Thanks / Like

225DW on order...quick question

Just ordered the 225DW kit for my '08 R/T (much needed sound on the way ) and had a quick question for you guys...or Bob, if you'd like to chime in as well that's fine

It's been a little while since I've been underneath one of these cars but to my recollection, the resonators are not clamped onto the exhaust and will require cutting. If that's the case I'll just pick up a chain style exhaust cutter as it makes for clean quick work of the pipes, but wanted to know if there's a template for where to make the cut on the pipes (maybe this is included with the pipes?)?

Just trying to be as prepared as possible because I'm sure I'll want to get this knocked out as soon as they show up at my door

Thanks in advance for the info

-Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    I know with the B6 kit i just installed it said to measure out 6" from the bottom of the rear hanger on the muffler and cut. As seen below.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksyd View Post
    I know with the B6 kit i just installed it said to measure out 6" from the bottom of the rear hanger on the muffler and cut. As seen below.

Awesome! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks Darksyd

Post Thanks / Like
    Anytime!

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't cut yours at that measurement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin_Bob View Post
    Don't cut yours at that measurement.
    Don't worry, I wasn't planning on it . Just wanted to know if there was in fact some measurements included with the pipes. Which it sounds like there may be. Guess I could always just hold the new pipes up to the old ones and eyeball it but that wouldn't be precise enough for ANY of us

Share This Thread