Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SRT Engineers Roundtable: 07/21/10

SRT Engineers Round Table Discussion, Part III

Wednesday, July 21st 6pm - 8pm ET

The ground rules:

• First off, the SRT Engineers take time out of their busy schedule making go fast goodies to be here to answer our questions. Let's show them the proper courtesy and patience. There will be many questions and they may not be able to answer every question asked. If your question is skipped, please be patient as questions are not answered in order.
    • Please only ask one or two questions. There are lots of people who want to ask questions, so let's give everyone a chance.
    • Stay on the topic at hand. SRT Vehicles! Keep the off-topic chat to the other sections of the website. There is to be no discussion between members in this forum. Ask your question and enjoy the replies from the Engineers!
    • If your question has already been asked (by you or someone else). Don't re-post it in hopes to get it answered quicker.
    • Make sure you let the SRT Engineers know what model SRT vehicle you are driving or inquiring about. Yes, a head gasket is quite different between an SRT8 and an SRT4.
    • As much as everyone is salivating over what comes in the future, the SRT Engineers cannot answer any questions regarding future product.
    This thread is now open so you can start posting your questions.
    Anthony
    Admin and Resident Website Fixer-upper

Follow Me on Twitter! | Knowledge Base | Search | LXOM Winners

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully some things about the 6.4 are no longer "future product"... What can you tell us??
    2006 Charger R/T with Road & Track

10.93 @ 125.6

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adanac Charger View Post
    Hopefully some things about the 6.4 are no longer "future product"... What can you tell us??
    They were still considered "Future Product" this weekend at LX & Beyond in Ohio. I doubt they can say anything other than it exists and it is currently in production. When the OFFICIAL numbers are released I'm sure it will blaze across the forums faster than anything.

Bone stock time: 12.832 @ 108.51 with a 2.033 60ft... On GY F1's Full Weight
    Predator and C&L Intake: 12.386 @ 111.78 1.868 60ft On GY F1's Full Weight
    Current mods: Hi-Flows, 180. Volant, PS Cooler, Trans Cooler, SS Brake Lines, B&B exhaust.
    Pedders Track II Extreme, Wavetrac, Moroso oil pan/catch can, 6.1 MTCM, Mopar trailer hitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a way to test a Throttle body to see if the motor is going?
    05 Magnum R/T RWD inferno red
    Franks racing Sidewinder cam w/SRT springs
    Flowmaster super 40s w/custom tails
    SRT headers and Cats
    PRO-TORQ 2800rpm STALL CONVERTER
    for converter call (203)969-2886

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you shed any light on the theory that line locs may be causing Getrag clucth pack failures, and why?

Thanks,

Ken

Arrington Forged 6.1​..ported 5.7 Eagles..HHP Ported Intake
    227/235 cam..Paramount Trans..Dominator..RPM Roll Bar
    Nitrous Outlet..DSS driveshaft..CTP DSL..'09 Getrag 3.06
    Kooks..Corsa..LMI 4"..ATI 13% UD pulley..Billet Tech..BFNY
    11.65@117.3 w/1.61 60' NA--10.68@126.23 w/1.51 60' N20

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you had a lot of issues with fan motors, I am on my third set and the car is only 3 years old ?
    Mods: 6.1 motor with PPP Ported Heads and 224/228 598/578 113LSA, stock tq converter, stock SRT headers with gutted cats, JBA 3in exhaust, LMI hammer design intake. The only 6.1 motor running a 2.82 rear.....Soon to be 3.06 gears.....Installs done by Afterhours Mopar Performance

Post Thanks / Like
    SRT Engineers,
    Thanks so much for taking your personal time to have these discussions with us. This type of interaction with the engineering knowledge behind these great cars was a significant contributing factor in my decision to buy a new SRT8 for myself. In the few months we've owned our car we've enjoyed it so much that we've just added another new SRT8 to our garage for my wife.

We are really enjoying our hot rods - Thanks!

Questions

-For the Chassis guys:
    Has your testing of the front and rear strut tower braces shown a measurable positive performance result? Any info/metrics you can share with us would be greatly appreciated.

-For the Engine guys:

What is the limiting factor for the 6100rpm redline on the 6.1? Valve springs? pistons? heads??

Thanks again!
    Last edited by SRT_BluByU; 07-21-2010 at 10:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of 5.7 guys have added the 6.1 oil pump to their 5.7 engine. Some have issues with MDS since pressure is higher, any other issues to be concerned about as it was designed for the 6.1 oiling circuit and not the 5.7?
    2008 Magnum BB R/T Hemi Registry # 1584 PPP Stage 2 Cam, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA High Flow cats, Heartthrob Exhaust, Eagle Intake, LMI Intake, MTCM, Blue Tops, ProTorque Converter, SRT Rear, Techo Strut Brace, lowered, Tuned by Diablotoona SOLD--2005 Mineral Gray AWD Hemi Registry # 1154

Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    For the work being performed, length is far more important than diameter :^)

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you shed some light on the diagonal braking that the SRT engineers mentioned at LX ? Beyond and it's impact on the Getrag clutches when using a line-loc. Thank you
    07 Sublime Daytona

Arrington 440 Stroker w/ Stage 4 heads, ported/polished intake, 90 mm Arrington throttle Body. 6.4 Headers, mids, MagnaFlow exhaust. Getrag 3.91. ZEX Nitrous

Post Thanks / Like
    Spark plugs.
    Is there a recommended mileage for changing plugs in our vehicles for day to day, spirited driving?
    Combustion/injector cleaning.
    Your recommended maintenance schedule for combustion cleaning and as well as fuel injectors with again day to day spirited driving habits.

Note of thanks.
    For designing the best vehicle I have ever driven lifetime.

The Rocket - Made in Canada....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hypothetically,if you guys had a LX and wanted a stock cat back exhaust what would you do to modify it, if anything to support say 650-700hp? I know what Pauls answer is,but I wondered if there were any other opinions on increasing the flow or if it is even needed.
    BFNY Performance
    9515 Detroit Rd,Cleveland Ohio 44102
    440-787-7235 8am- 5pm

BFNYPERFORMANCE@YAHOO.COM
    RIP NHDave
    RIP LOU1355

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of folks on the forum have had a problem with engine stalling. For me on three separate occasions the car (2009 Challenger SRT8) has stalled when slowing down and preparing to make a turn. It happened twice with my 6.1L engine and once with the 426. Given it has happened with the stock and stroker engines I don't think it is the engine. Is it a potential problem with how the fuel system/tank is designed ? Would like any insight on where to look for the problem and how to solve the issue?
    Last edited by climberccm; 07-21-2010 at 10:43 AM.

Climberccm
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
    George S. Patton
    "PWR 426"

Post Thanks / Like
    Why is the TCM programming still such a mystery to aftermarket companies. Seems like the PCM tuning has either been released or at least decoded allowing us to reap some good performance gains. Why not release the TCM tuning codes to allow us to keep up with the competition (which is getting very stiff).

Lots of these cars with aftermarket parts are making power past 6400 rpms and my buddy with an '06 300 SRT8 (without the TCM flash) is able to paddle hold the shift at times to 7000 rpms without a problem. Some of us here are big boys and are willing risk popping a motor (on our dime).
    First all motor LX in the 9's

Jaak is offline Looking for that phuk I used to give.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks SRT engineers, I like what you did so much, I bought two.

What recommendations do you have to improve the life of the ball joints in the upper control arms up front?
    12.217 @ 117 mph on a stock motor

My Station Wagon was faster...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for electing to attend these Q&A's; we consider them of great value to us.

Please forgive the reference to a non-SRT part in this comparison; it has been suggested that the new 2009 composite intake manifold is very similar to the 6.1 aluminum intake in rate-of-flow, runner length, and therefore power band. Flow results have the 2009 composite unit within a few CFM of the existing SRT intake manifold.

Can you kindly confirm or deny please they are pretty close in actual configuration. The idea being the composite version offers less mass and a lot less heatsoak...
    ----440ci +---aluminum block---viper---venom---red------------------------------click---Hemissary----to see at----CarDomain----

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread