Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RPM Surging

Post Thanks / Like

RPM Surging

Just had a cam/header install and a tune by Johan done a few weeks ago. Ever since the install I get a little rpm surge while lightly picking up speed in the 1500-1900 rpm range. If I give it a little more throttle it clears right up. Also its more noticeable with the a/c on. This morning I actually noticed it while idleing down my street. Johan tried to help but cant seem to pin it down. Any ideas?
    Inertia Crazy Jay Cam, 6.1L Springs/Rods, Fastman Ported Throttle Body, Tranzformer Shift Kit, NoESP, Mopar CAI, Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers, Dyno Tune, 13.16 @ 105mph On Street Tires

Post Thanks / Like
    Vaccum leak possible, maybe @ TB? Sometimes these cars just need to settle ina bit with new cams though

Posted via LXFMobile

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the exact same problem. i thought i was the only one with this problem. even the rpm range is the the same as yours. Johan, bless his heart has tweaked my tune a few times but still seems to be there. If you come across a fix for this let me know. In the meantime Johan will eventually work it out, hopefully. Keep in touch. That surging is really annoying though isnt it.
    Rob
    ROBSTORREDR/T
    2006 Dodge Charger Daytona 5.7L - Torred
    Mods: DiabloSport Predator (Raymer Tuned )
    Dynomax CAT Back Exhaust, Aria CAI, 85 mm Tb, JBA High Flow Cats, JBA Shorty Headers, 185Tstat, BT Catch Can, 2800 Stall Converter, 268 Comp CAM, Ported (Stock) Heads, Blue Tops, Dynamic ground system
    Performance: 350rwhp/360rwtq

Post Thanks / Like
    Johan tried to fix mine also but no deal. He thought it might have been my T/C, but I see you have an aftermarket one and still have the same issue. If I find a fix I will definitely let you know

Post Thanks / Like
    are these cars tuned for the cams
    Just your everyday grocery get'er

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was tuned after the cam install

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine also. Tuned after cam install. Its scary that mine acts just like his does in the same rpm range. Gotta be a fix for this.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the EXACT same problem. I just got a Spartan on a 111LSA and heads and Stu and I cant figure it out. It rides great WOT, But when at certain speeds idling and in parking lots its revs up and down. Thats the only flaw.

Machinist-- When Johan did your tune was it an email tune or on a Dyno in person with him?
    Im going to get a dyno in the near future. I pm Johan today.

Anybody ever got a dyno by Johan? Results? Sill surging?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same problem with mine. Showed up after cam install. It got so bad, I couldn't drive at slow speeds without it dying. It bumped up the ide RPM's a bit and that helped the low end drivability. But it still surges under partial throttle around 1500.

Looks like a trend showing up here. Whoever figures it out stands to get some of my money. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope a dyno can solve this

Post Thanks / Like
    Machinist-- When Johan did your tune was it an email tune or on a Dyno in person with him?

I went with an email tune from Johan.

im running a Crazy Jay 113 LSA

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone had tried switching back to one of the canned tunes?

Post Thanks / Like
    its in the tune, PM Johan and he will fix it up.
    im sure he knows exactly what the problem is because my car had the EXACT same symptons. first revision from Johan cleared it right up

'99 FRC Corvette - Far From Stock
    '06 Silver R/T R&T Fully Loaded [SOLD]
    ->FRI'd with Street/Strip Heads + Scud Camshaft<- CTP Spacers + 09 Eagle Manifold
    -FRI Custom Stepped LT Headers--Getrag 3.06 LSD--DIABLOsport Predator--Powerbond 25% Underdrive Pulley--ProTorque 2800
    -FRI PolyMounts--GSM Cold Air Intake--180Tstat--RTJunkieNOESP--MoparTCM--PEDDERS Touring Kit--Billet Tech Throttle Body
    Best ET: 12.490 sec @ 113.58 mph +400 DA, 4000 RaceWeight

Post Thanks / Like
    Ill give it a try, I didnt get a response from him the last time when we were trying to work this out. Could have been a communication thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's in the tune... Had the same issue with a sidewinder installed with a simple 93 diablo tune.
    No problem anymore with a custom tune made by Bob at SVS.
    Maybe you could try to reinstall your custom tune and just after pull the 11th fuse out. If you don't reset the PCM's memory HAL becomes schizophrenic, trying to overwrite partial new datas and mixing them with old ones. Erase the memory and let HAL learn : 20 mn at iddle with a/c off in park position, 10mn with a/c on, 20 mn at iddle in drive position and you'll avoid most of the iddle and surging problems : its only my own experience but it worked great !

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread