Post Thanks / Like

Who makes OEM exhaust components?

Just pondering.....
    Are the stock Chrysler systems Eberspaecher?
    And, who makes OEM mufflers for GM and Ford. They are getting an awful lot of power through stock systems, while still keeping pretty quiet.
    Jim
    07 MagSXT
    JBA Headers, 09 RT wheels, Stock muffler and reso replaced with Magnaflows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimsmag06 View Post
    Just pondering.....
    Are the stock Chrysler systems Eberspaecher?
    And, who makes OEM mufflers for GM and Ford. They are getting an awful lot of power through stock systems, while still keeping pretty quiet.
    Yes, it is a MBZ underneath.

AP & Tenneco make the majority of the mufflers for the big 3. They are rarely marked with the manufactures name. Tenneco/Walker for GM and AP for Ford, Dodge/Chrylser/Jeep was Tenneco but not certain if they still are.

Can you name the two GM vehicles that came stock, from the factory, with an aftermarket performance muffler?

Post Thanks / Like
    are the factory exhaust on a 2005 magnum r/t stainless steel ? if not are they prone to damage from condensation ? as mine drips water even after a 10 miles on the highway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, u have a stainless exhaust.

Posted via LXFMobile

Post Thanks / Like
    Eberspaecher was mentioned in the tour of brampton assembly plant.
    http://www.lxforums.com/board/signaturepics/sigpic18566_2.gif

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin_Bob View Post
    Yes, it is a MBZ underneath.

AP & Tenneco make the majority of the mufflers for the big 3. They are rarely marked with the manufactures name. Tenneco/Walker for GM and AP for Ford, Dodge/Chrylser/Jeep was Tenneco but not certain if they still are.

Can you name the two GM vehicles that came stock, from the factory, with an aftermarket performance muffler?
    Would that be the Silvarado SS, and maybe the c6 Corvette?

i want a really quiet stock 3 pass muffler for my 86 burb, but i don`t want the loud 4.5" thick muffler that they list as a replacement...i want the more current big body(8x11, or 7x9) muffler. i may even try to find an 08 Tahoe style resonator to go with it.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimsmag06 View Post
    Would that be the Silvarado SS, and maybe the c6 Corvette?

i want a really quiet stock 3 pass muffler for my 86 burb, but i don`t want the loud 4.5" thick muffler that they list as a replacement...i want the more current big body(8x11, or 7x9) muffler. i may even try to find an 08 Tahoe style resonator to go with it.
    Thanks!
    Those current big mufflers will hang too low on your 86.
    Go with a 92-95 GM 1/2 ton truck muffler, they are more round than oval and only a 2 pass. We have the replacements in a Walker muffler, they're about $70 for the part. I have a couple of those resonators laying around but I don't know where it would fit on the 86.

GM's Cyclone & Typhoon had Walker/Tenneco Super Turbos right from the factory.
    Last edited by Blastin_Bob; 06-04-2010 at 03:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fargo59 View Post
    Eberspaecher was mentioned in the tour of brampton assembly plant.
    They make high quality stuff, in fact the resonator rattle on the 5.7 LX's is the only Factory eberspaecher part I have seen rattle before it rusted out, which is common place on many factory Tenneco mufflers.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Blastin_Bob;2989125Those current big mufflers will hang too low on your 86.
    Go with a 92-95 GM 1/2 ton truck muffler, they are more round than oval and only a 2 pass. We have the replacements in a Walker muffler, they're about $70 for the part. I have a couple of those resonators laying around but I don't know where it would fit on the 86.

GM's Cyclone & Typhoon had Walker/Tenneco Super Turbos right from the factory.[/QUOTE]
    Yup, that spare tire well does not leave much room to tuck anything up.I have 2 cats right after the cross member, then into a dual magnaflow, then i have a second magnaflow sitting where the original muffler sat, at a 45 or so degree angle, pointing up over the axle, then dual 2" tailpipes. i was thinking that the larger stock style muffler would be a dual 2.5 in, and single 3" out to the resonator,which would be at the 45 dgree angle, and then the single pipe exiting behind the tire, or tucked as far up as possible, and exiting at the corner of the bumper.
    Are those Tahoe resos straight through?
    Last edited by Jimsmag06; 06-04-2010 at 06:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they are straight thru. I think the core is 2 3/4".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin_Bob View Post
    Yes, they are straight thru. I think the core is 2 3/4".
    Thanks Bob!

Share This Thread