Post Thanks / Like

Nitto NT05's 315/35/20 on stock rears!!

Well I just took off the 255's F1's and installed the Nitto NT05's in the 315/35/20's.
    They were touching the rear inner fender well so I installed 1/4" spacers and all is fine now.. I had a member ask me about the rears with the 315's and if I would post a few pictures so I thought I would make a thread about them with a few pics..
    I am going to be going to the 275's in the nt05's in the front very soon so I have a matching set..
    Any way to the pics...
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like they stick out a bit much. May want to consider widening the rim as well for safety reasons. Is this going to be used as your street tire as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought my 295's were pushin' it on the stockers lol

they stick out the same way but i didnt have to use spacers

Looks good though - but when the rim isnt wide enough doesn't the tread touching the road end up being in the "max suggested size" anyways. ie-the tires are 315's but only a 275-295ish amount of tread makes contact with the road and the rest is just dead weight

Post Thanks / Like
    looks good, but I still cant get over how narrow of a 315 the nittos look. Whats the actual section width of the nitto 315's? I want some 315's to make my assend look more like a real muscle car, but i believe some 20x10 rims would have to be in store for that
    No more LX for me, mopar in the heart now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanleyds88 View Post
    looks good, but I still cant get over how narrow of a 315 the nittos look. Whats the actual section width of the nitto 315's? I want some 315's to make my assend look more like a real muscle car, but i believe some 20x10 rims would have to be in store for that
    it's all about rim width, even the 295's dont look wide at all on the 9in rim. Then the rim offset helps a TON as well - compare a 10in rear viper setup with 295's to the stock SRT rims with 295's. the SRT rims just dont have that mean muscle look as much as the vipers do because they dont stick out as much

Post Thanks / Like
    pm'd you invictus

Post Thanks / Like
    I had my SRT8 rims widened to 10.25, use a 5mm spacer..

These are 305 Nitto 555R's out back.

Post Thanks / Like
    How did you widen your rims?

Posted via LXFMobile

Post Thanks / Like
    How did you widen your rims?

Posted via LXFMobile

http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/

PWR 426 w/D1 Procharger 10.537@131

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goehner View Post
    yup, ask for James.

Post Thanks / Like
    AWESOME! I never knew that was even possible! Totally going this route, as I love my stockers

Post Thanks / Like
    HEMISFEAR...did you have the whole wheel polished too? And where did you buy the spacer?
    DEBADGED REAR...CORSA CATBACK...SRT MAX CAM..PORTED INERTIA HEADS AND INTAKE
    SRT8 FENDER EMBLEMS...PAINTED TAILS
    BFG 275/40/20 X4...PAINTED COOLANT BOTTLE...
    AIR RAID CAI...BT CATCH CAN...
    COLORMATCHED ABS COVER...thanks Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    AWESOME! I never knew that was even possible! Totally going this route, as I love my stockers
    Thanks, you'll be a very happy camper, I can almost guarantee it. Anywhere from 10.25-10.5" and you'll be fine. They've been doing this kind of work for 30 years. James doesn't have the best telephone manners, but he's a decent dude. I've talked to him a few times in person and once he warms up, he actually talks and can tell a story lolol.

Quote Originally Posted by SHARKY 370 View Post
    HEMISFEAR...did you have the whole wheel polished too? And where did you buy the spacer?
    My first OEM wheels were widened by them and I sold those picking up some 07 Superbee wheels which come polished. I had the two rears widened this spring and run a 305 Nitto 555R out back with a Nitto in a 275 up front. IMO, the car tracks better around curves/corners and my traction on the street has improved 100%. I use 17" DR's at the track though. I don't street race or anything but at lights, I can give it gas and not worry about spinning..same goes for when I floor it at 35-50. I can honestly say, I feel safer because of the improved traction..even if I don't get too much life out of the 555R's...it's worth it to me since I find the car so much more enjoyable. Edit: Almost forgot, I bought the 5mm wheel spacer at adaptitusa.com. Guys name was Fred and he's familiar with making them for LX's. My wife's cousin owns a body shop and I had him remove the wheel well liner and use an airhammer to pound in the 2 metal humps behind the wheel. Replaced the liner and you can't tell anything was done.

Share This Thread