Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Coming very soon, Project "Jeep whipple"

    08 SRT 8 Jeep getting a Whipple supercharger. Pics to follow soon



  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like




  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like



    Custom bracket by Brad:


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Riverside, Ca
    Posts
    20,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    SWEEEEEEEEET!!. How much boost and where'd ya get the coolant bottle??.
    From wild to extra wild we got you covered with crap ya never knew you needed.





    The first 6.1 transformation and it all went down hill from there.

    08 route 66 burnout champion 07 Shindig 6.1NA winner. Willow Springs 1:42!!. 11.796 @ 117mph


  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its the one that comes with the kit, just modified it to make it look a little better.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    8,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still have a thing for Whipple's. That is one sexy blower right there.

    Bone stock time: 12.832 @ 108.51 with a 2.033 60ft... On GY F1's Full Weight
    Predator and C&L Intake: 12.386 @ 111.78 1.868 60ft On GY F1's Full Weight
    Current mods: Hi-Flows, 180. Volant, PS Cooler, Trans Cooler, SS Brake Lines, B&B exhaust.
    Pedders Track II Extreme, Wavetrac, Moroso oil pan/catch can, 6.1 MTCM, Mopar trailer hitch.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,291
    Post Thanks / Like
    VERY NICE!
    Any idea what the AIr intake temps will be with sucking in the hot air from the motor? how well does the intercooler work on that kit? and last but not least that is one sexy looking blower!
    PWR 393, Twin 6262mm Turbos, SHR trans, Fore Fuel system, Wilson Hemi Sheet Metal Manifold
    880 RWHP 775 RWT at 16 psi and 17* of timing
    Tuned by Robert@ Ditos motors
    Walk Softly And Carry Two Big A$$ Turbos!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well the owner of this Jeep had a one off Viper hood made for this. Air will be pulled directly from outside.

    No rain in this cars future.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok well Brad K and Dave stayed at the dyno with the owner until 3am finishing the tuning on this jeep so Johnny the owner could take it to Mopar Madness on Saturday.

    Hot as H3ll and the car ran best time 12.4 at 109. Track temp was up there and Johnny still learning the vehicle. Not wanting to break on the first time out. Plus a very conservative tune at 6.7lbs of boost laid down 447 at the wheels AWD.

    Pics to come soon.

    Anyways the thing sounds mean.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    1,059
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 8yourM5 View Post
    VERY NICE!
    Any idea what the AIr intake temps will be with sucking in the hot air from the motor? how well does the intercooler work on that kit? and last but not least that is one sexy looking blower!
    Won't make to much difference at 7psi as discharge temps of the blower will be around 140 degree's anyway. If its the new core design sent over it works really well and will lower the discharge temps quite considerably.

    Quote Originally Posted by PWR_Brad View Post
    Ok well Brad K and Dave stayed at the dyno with the owner until 3am finishing the tuning on this jeep so Johnny the owner could take it to Mopar Madness on Saturday.

    Hot as H3ll and the car ran best time 12.4 at 109. Track temp was up there and Johnny still learning the vehicle. Not wanting to break on the first time out. Plus a very conservative tune at 6.7lbs of boost laid down 447 at the wheels AWD.

    Pics to come soon.

    Anyways the thing sounds mean.
    Got to be happy with that. Nice time too although I would of expected the mp/h to be higher!
    426 WHIPPLE 3.4L BLOWN 300C SRT8
    http://www.lxforums.com/board/signaturepics/sigpic14184_6.gif

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hudson, NH / Stoneham, MA
    Posts
    6,870
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PWR_Brad View Post
    ...

    Anyways the thing sounds mean.

    Prove it


    Where's the video(s) ?

    Billet Tech custom billet products Online Store

    Many pictures of our products can be viewed here

    .

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like
    Video of the best run,

    Soft launch, but listen to the sound

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXaO4p2qE5U

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jected View Post
    Won't make to much difference at 7psi as discharge temps of the blower will be around 140 degree's anyway. If its the new core design sent over it works really well and will lower the discharge temps quite considerably.



    Got to be happy with that. Nice time too although I would of expected the mp/h to be higher!
    I was expecting a little more mph too, and I think in an LX at that power level it definitely would have been. But considering the track was a big oven and he's hauling a wall on wheels down the track, it adds up I think.

    That truck is a lot of fun though, drives like stock part throttle, hauls ass when the pedal goes down. Thing is going to be ridiculous when he ever does heads and cam.
    Last edited by ForeignMuscle; 06-14-2010 at 01:55 AM.
    www.EFISpecialties.com
    EFI Tuning Specialist
    8+ years of Tuning the fastes
    t, most powerful Hemis around
    "In theory, there's no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    1,059
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PWR_Brad View Post
    Video of the best run,

    Soft launch, but listen to the sound

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXaO4p2qE5U
    Sounding good mate!

    Quote Originally Posted by ForeignMuscle View Post
    I was expecting a little more mph too, and I think in an LX at that power level it definitely would have been. But considering the track was a big oven and he's hauling a wall on wheels down the track, it adds up I think.

    That truck is a lot of fun though, drives like stock part throttle, hauls ass when the pedal goes down. Thing is going to be ridiculous when he ever does heads and cam.
    Don't get my wrong for that sort of boost (and outside temps) the time is up where it should be, infact I would say better than could be expected.

    Any reason why the boost is as low as it is?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jected View Post
    Sounding good mate!



    Don't get my wrong for that sort of boost (and outside temps) the time is up where it should be, infact I would say better than could be expected.

    Any reason why the boost is as low as it is?
    The owner was very insistent on being super safe with it. He wants to get comfortable with it before pushing it harder I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •