Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

HELP: My TPMS light won't turn off!!

My original wheels where stolen last Monday night and the car sat for a week without any wheels! I got my Factory Reproductions w/ the sensors this Wednesday and the light hasn't turned off yet!! Took it for a trip for about 15 min. and its still on and when i got them they were at 42 psi so i took them down to 35 psi and still nothing!! Any suggestions!! Thanks
    07 Magnum R/T AWD
    Mods: Diablo,C&L Intake,180 T-Stat, Dual Magnaflows, Moe's Ported TB, PB Underdrive Pulley, TruFiber SRT Hood, custom gauge cluster, HF cats w/ E-cutous. FRI Sidewinder and JBA Shorties awaiting install!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    are they brand new sensors that havent been programmed to the car yet? if they arent the orig sensors, theyll need to be programmed

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes they are new sensors. So do have to take it to the dealer?

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^ what he said, your car is not set to their freq. Its a starscan thing I'm pretty sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    where can i take it? thanks for the quick replies!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The dealer should be able to handle it no prob. You might try other shops to see if they have the equipment to do it, you will probably spend less, if the dealer charges you.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have mutiple set of wheels for both of my srt's and have never had to use may starscan to program the sensor. whenever i get new wheels with new sensors i just go drive it and within 5 minutes the cars start reading them. sound to me like they might have sent you the wrong sensors. they are not all the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    are you sure you got the correct sensors for your vehicle? they should broadcast at 315 MHz.
    sensors used in newer vehicles broadcast at 433 MHz.
    if the proper frequency sensors are installed, the WCM (wireless control module/TPM receiver) should recognize them within 10 minutes of cruising above 15 mph.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not 100% sure, got them from Factory Reproductions and I called to make sure they installed rhe sensors and they said they did!

Post Thanks / Like
    It shut off for 10 min. and now its flashing!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! Now what?? thanks
    Last edited by HemiRedMagnum; 04-25-2010 at 12:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    a flashing TPM warning lamp indicates a system fault has been detected. get it scanned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiRedMagnum View Post
    It shut off for 10 min. and now its flashing!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! Now what?? thanks
    Your TPMS light is behaving exactly the same way mine was when I had rims on with no sensors installed.

Chances are very good that FR installed the wrong frequency sensors in there ...

I get my sensors through the Tire Rack and they send me Siemens sensors - you can see right on them "315Mhz" ... see the pic below :

Billet Tech custom billet products Online Store

Many pictures of our products can be viewed here

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkychkn View Post
    are you sure you got the correct sensors for your vehicle? they should broadcast at 315 MHz.
    sensors used in newer vehicles broadcast at 433 MHz.
    if the proper frequency sensors are installed, the WCM (wireless control module/TPM receiver) should recognize them within 10 minutes of cruising above 15 mph.
    What Pete said. They put in the wrong sensors.

The TPMS will recognise the right ones pretty quick. (Says the guy with 6 sets of wheels)
    12.217 @ 117 mph on a stock motor

My Station Wagon was faster...

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! Thanks guys!! I will contact Factory Reproductions tomorrow!
    Last edited by HemiRedMagnum; 04-25-2010 at 10:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    dont mean to threadjack here, but how do i turn off the low tire pressure light??
    i dont have the sensors on my wheels

Eddie's 2008 Dodge Magnum SE

Orange County - SoCalLx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread