Post Thanks / Like

Help for an exhaust newbie

I'm looking to mod the exhaust on my V6 2.7L. I'd like a bit of rumble but don't need to wake up the neighborhood. I've heard clips of the BB 10db kits some have posted and didn't know if I'd also need to swap out the muffler. Also, I see 3 options for pipes and didn't know if that was purely a cosmetic choice or if there were differences in sound quality. Also, what the heck is "drone". I see mentions of it all around but I'm not quite sure what it is. What I do know is that I don't want the exterior noise to overtake the interior of the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    The drone is an annoying hum in the cabin of the car -- usually cruising over 60-80 kms -- I had a flowmaster 40 on mine and and aftermarket resonator sounded great on startup and cruising around town but I got sick of the drone on my long drives - so I picked up a dual r/t system but now I am looking to get some more grumble out of it
    I don't know what is best for the 2.7 but I am sure some more people with better knowledge will post stuff for you!
    From what I have read over and over I think your best bet would be a Blastin Bobs kit.
    bottom line is get a dual system because you will end up wanting one in the long run!
    good luck
    2006 Charger SRT8 silver k&n CAI, suitcase delete, tinted tails
    2005 Honda Element 4wd
    1984 Chevrolet Caprice
    (Mag's is gone to a new home)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keeylyme View Post
    I'm looking to mod the exhaust on my V6 2.7L. I'd like a bit of rumble but don't need to wake up the neighborhood. I've heard clips of the BB 10db kits some have posted and didn't know if I'd also need to swap out the muffler. Also, I see 3 options for pipes and didn't know if that was purely a cosmetic choice or if there were differences in sound quality. Also, what the heck is "drone". I see mentions of it all around but I'm not quite sure what it is. What I do know is that I don't want the exterior noise to overtake the interior of the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    3 different tip options, just cosmetic.
    Leave the muffler alone on the small V6.
    Your neighbor will hear this inside their homes, if you stay off the throttle they shouldn't be annoyed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the insight guys. THis will definitely be my next mod.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a question for you bob im a little confused on the setup for the 2.7 when you install the kit your cutting the pipe off right after the mufler? and installing the y pipe with no second mufler??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deontae1987 View Post
    i have a question for you bob im a little confused on the setup for the 2.7 when you install the kit your cutting the pipe off right after the mufler? and installing the y pipe with no second mufler??
    Yes, cut 6" after the hanger supporting the muffler. Resonators are optional, we have many choices.

Bob

Share This Thread