Post Thanks / Like

Donations from selling?

Perhaps this has already been talked about but I'd like to bring it up if it hasn't. The lxforums has been a great place for me with many members helping out and also just chilling. The forum itself also has helped me too with selling items.
    For those reason I became a level 2 supporter. I just sold some more parts and thought why not have a button and badge for donations when you sell something on the forum. I mean I could have gone e-bay and paid there fee's, but here I got it listed for free. A quick link on the for sale threads linked to a donation page would be a good idea to me. Either a person donates and gets a badge or they are just listed on a honorable mention page.

Seeing how nothing like that seems to exsist (or I haven't found it) I just opted to pay for level 1 also.

If it was done, the donation amount would be up to the seller, whether it is $1 or $100.

If they are a site supporter, then perhaps the color of the badge can change if a new one isn't made up or as mentioned they get listed in an honorable mention link.

IDK, just thinking out loud and tossing it out there.

426 Power Ported Stroker, 3.06 getrag rear, 3600 FTI stall, Eagle Ported heads w/custom valves, ported TB, SLP long tubes, Silver Box, TZ Chally hood, custom BT, KW V2 Coilovers, Hotchkis sways and custom fabbed End Links
    1969 (oo===]|[===oo)
    2008 (O.|||||||.O) 2006 (Oo.|==+==|.oO)

Post Thanks / Like
    And not for nothing, but now my badge has reverted back to the level 1 supporter when before it was level 2. It seems that by donating again it took that over the level 2?

Post Thanks / Like
    aside from if you need to become a vendor for selling so much, i dont think this is really necessary. while i respect the idea of several levels of donation, when i visit other sites it looks cluttered.

if i weren't a vendor, i would most definitely make more than the standard donation.
    http://www.lxforums.com/board/signaturepics/sigpic18566_2.gif

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fargo59 View Post
    aside from if you need to become a vendor for selling so much, i dont think this is really necessary. while i respect the idea of several levels of donation, when i visit other sites it looks cluttered.

if i weren't a vendor, i would most definitely make more than the standard donation.
    I understand your point about the cluttered look. A badge or anything really isn't necessary, but a link in the for sale section that people can click on if they choose to donate to the site for helping them out would be cool I would think.
    Whether you sell 1 item the entire time you are with the forum or 20 items, it wouldn't hurt to have it there for those that can see and appreciate the support and ease of use of the for sale section.
    Maybe I am the only one or one of a very few people who truly appreciate and recongize when something that is free is really worth more and should be compensated for it. Personally I have bought and sold items on teh forum and have saved a boat load of money versus ebay and when selling, I have saved both time and money and helped a member out. For that I feel I should give back something to keep the forum going.

Post Thanks / Like
    i totally understand that. Jaak and i have done star mobile days and put the proceeds towards the forum before. i was a supporter before a vendor and considered donating again.

Share This Thread