Post Thanks / Like

EGR off and MDS on???

I recently turned my egr off. Went back into the tune and saw that my mds was off also. I tried to turn the mds back on but nothing happened. Is there any way to have your egr valve off and your mds on?

JBA shorty, JBA catless mids, zoomers, AFE stage 2, 85 CNC TB, HHP/BES stage 2 cam, HHP/BES ported polished milled heads, manley pushrods, titanium retainers, PSI springs, 6.1L lifters, taylor shorties, BT catch can, Diablo Tuner with a custom tune, Variant 2 coilovers, SES upper and lower grille, de-badged and de molded, BT skull insert,

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I have my MDS enabled and have the BT egr block with the egr shut off via predator as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    so on the predator when you adjust parameters next the adjustment there is a *. All my adjustments example o2 sensor idle egr all have * as well as my mds. When I open the mds it is highlighted as on, but I guess it having the * next to it makes me wonder if it is off. Does anyone have their mds on with an * next to it on the parameter page?

Post Thanks / Like
    When you turn EGR off, it will make MDS turn off. Once you go under MDS and click on, it will be on. The asterisk is there to show that you switched something-which is ON or OFF when you picked the EGR off. Hope that isn't confusing. As long as you select MDS on, it will be on. When you load a tune, MDS will take a few miles to come on-it isn't instant after a new tune install for some reason.
    2008 Magnum BB R/T Hemi Registry # 1584 PPP Stage 2 Cam, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA High Flow cats, Heartthrob Exhaust, Eagle Intake, LMI Intake, MTCM, Blue Tops, ProTorque Converter, SRT Rear, Techo Strut Brace, lowered, Tuned by Diablotoona SOLD--2005 Mineral Gray AWD Hemi Registry # 1154

Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    For the work being performed, length is far more important than diameter :^)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, like gdragich said. Once you turn off EGR you have to go back and specifically turn MDS on. If you do nothing then turning off EGR will also turn off MDS for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm...thanks for the info boys...gotta check that now
    RIP

12.869 @ 102.02 Stock 5.7 w/ C&L, Predator, JBA Cats, Volant catback, 3.06 Getrag, DRs & skinnies www.hemirace.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdragich View Post
    When you turn EGR off, it will make MDS turn off. Once you go under MDS and click on, it will be on. The asterisk is there to show that you switched something-which is ON or OFF when you picked the EGR off. Hope that isn't confusing. As long as you select MDS on, it will be on. When you load a tune, MDS will take a few miles to come on-it isn't instant after a new tune install for some reason.
    nope, you speakin my language

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, it is possible to run MDS with no EGR. When you turn EGR off, it turns MDS off too, so you have to go back and turn it back on. Nothing is hurt by this, just the way the software works. Most who turn off EGR dont run MDS, so it just does it in one shot.

Mike
    06 Magnum R/T Midnight Blue
    Inertia Motorsports Heads decked .030 (10.3 CR), FRI Hellfire cam, AirHammer, JBA Headers, JBA Mids, JBA Cat-back, Diablo Predator, 6.1 Injectors and rails, ZEX N2O Kit, Nitrous Outlet N2O plate,180* T-Stat, DashHawk, Police Package oil cooler

11.89 @ 116.94, 1.99 60', stock converter and tires http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...m/SCAN0007.jpg

Share This Thread