gonzo is offline you know what they say about magnums....
    Post Thanks / Like

Electric Throttle Control...is it covered under warranty?

So my magnum seems to be broken. The light for the Electric Throttle Control is on....and flashing(which, according to my manual is a bad thing....No s**t sherlock). I'm wondering if this sort of thing is covered under warranty? or if it's gonna be out of my pocket?

Anyone else have this problem before? It's not a good one to have. You pretty much have a non-existant gas pedal. Speeding......Not any more!!!! Can barely get upto speed now. Thanks one and all.
    '06 Magnum AWD. CAI, 22" KMC Slide wheels (black), Grill Master 5 piece black grill, Eibach Pro lowering kit (1.5" drop), JVC in-dash DVD, Art of Noise Audio Dual sub enclosures. 2 10" JL subs, JL G1700 Mono Block, LSD "Lambo" door hinges.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you still have warranty it should be covered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by In HEM I Trust View Post
    If you still have warranty it should be covered.

I have tons of warranty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you check up on the warranty......I had extended warranty and all it covered was powertrain..........Electrical parts have only a 1 year Warranty IIRC...............Check the plugs for the throttle body.......they may have just worked loose.....

But I happen to have a spare Ported and polished throttle body kicking around the shop if your throttle body is the problem....
    2007 Silver Metallic Dodge Charger SRT8............The REAPER
    HEMI Registry #1575.......PB - 13.390 @ 106.67 Mph.

Proud Member of The WTFDTSG Club.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SKULLBOY View Post
    Make sure you check up on the warranty......I had extended warranty and all it covered was powertrain..........Electrical parts have only a 1 year Warranty IIRC
    I got three years, 100 000 kms for everything when I bought mine, so hopefully yours is the same. Good luck man!
    20" Dip wheels, Mopar '10 Dual Exhaust, aFe Stage 2 CAI, Eibach Pro-kit, Alpine Type E 12.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SKULLBOY View Post
    Make sure you check up on the warranty......I had extended warranty and all it covered was powertrain..........Electrical parts have only a 1 year Warranty IIRC...............Check the plugs for the throttle body.......they may have just worked loose.....

But I happen to have a spare Ported and polished throttle body kicking around the shop if your throttle body is the problem....
    I may change it even if it's not the problem. Where would I find the plugs for the throttle body? I'm thinkin that might be the case. This has happened twice now. Today and about a month ago. I can't help but think that if this was a serious situation it would be a constant problem.....I hope. Hopefully things are just lose.

Share This Thread