Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like

    05 magnum rt suitcase +5db?6db? or 7db kits

    Im looking to keep the suitcase mufflers on and get the reso delete kits. I wanted to know if there is any sound difference at cruising speeds with either the 5db, 6db or 7 db kits.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like
    and I also wold like to know the degree of difficulty to install the kit? is it like a bolt on application?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    720
    Post Thanks / Like
    They get progressively larger in size, 1db is difficult to hear by ear, 2db can be picked up by most.

    Bob

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like
    how would you compare the stock 05 rt exhaust to your 5db or 6db kits?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    720
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are 5 and 6 db louder then stock, that is a fair amount of sound increase. Both will be nice while accelerating and still fairly quiet while cruising.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok i was going to get the 6db kit but the 7db is almost the same price. will it still fit the same?
    http://www.blastinbob.com/2005_10_Do...or_p/250x4.htm

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm also looking to turn the volume up a hair, but I don't want much drone. I'm pretty sure I have the rounded tips (fiance's car, actually). However, I don't want an imperceptible difference, either. Will the 5 or 6 dB kit accomplish this? I honestly don't know how much a difference 5 dB is.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Union County, NJ
    Posts
    12,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JHenley17 View Post
    I'm also looking to turn the volume up a hair, but I don't want much drone. I'm pretty sure I have the rounded tips (fiance's car, actually). However, I don't want an imperceptible difference, either. Will the 5 or 6 dB kit accomplish this? I honestly don't know how much a difference 5 dB is.
    I have the 6db kit and love it. There is no "drone", just a "tone" I would call it while cruising. Not loud and wife approved. It sounds great (especially after heads/cam upgrades). I've had the system for nearly two years and it still looks mint.

    pic:


    Sound/video clip:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t=MOV06378.flv
    www.inertiamotorsports.com
    www.shop.inertiamotorsports.com
    JarZ@inertiamotorsports.com

    LXForums members please note: Use promo code "LXF" on www.shop.inertiamotorsports.com for $25 off your $500+ order.

    512-964-7724
    /862-215-4668

    Find us on Facebook or Twitter
    5.7L & 6.1L Hemi Registry # 856
    Past Mopars:
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T
    2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    2000 Chrysler LHS
    1999 Dodge Intrepid SE

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    720
    Post Thanks / Like
    If she has the rolled tips then a 5-6db resonator eliminator kit will work.

    Bob

    Quote Originally Posted by JHenley17 View Post
    I'm also looking to turn the volume up a hair, but I don't want much drone. I'm pretty sure I have the rounded tips (fiance's car, actually). However, I don't want an imperceptible difference, either. Will the 5 or 6 dB kit accomplish this? I honestly don't know how much a difference 5 dB is.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    720
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a eliminator kit, then it's a 5db. The 3.5" DW tips are not the ones on a 6db eliminator kit, those are 4" rolled resonated tips. Loosen the flange behind the suitcase and center that left tip then tighten it back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by JarZ View Post
    I have the 6db kit and love it. There is no "drone", just a "tone" I would call it while cruising. Not loud and wife approved. It sounds great (especially after heads/cam upgrades). I've had the system for nearly two years and it still looks mint.

    pic:


    Sound/video clip:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t=MOV06378.flv

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    how is the 7db while cruising? I do a lot of highway driving and am on the phone all the time. Just want to hear the phone while driving. Its a toss up between the 6db and 7db

    Universal Air Suspension - Option 5 - Spectra - Performance Electronics Sloan Product

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    720
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexia View Post
    how is the 7db while cruising? I do a lot of highway driving and am on the phone all the time. Just want to hear the phone while driving. Its a toss up between the 6db and 7db
    Depends on which suitcase you have. Anything over 5db eliminator kit, on a 3 pass suitcase, will have a possibility of drone.
    Same on the straight thru suitcase, the resonated kits are measured off of that exhaust, so about 5 db over stock. We only offer 2,4 and 6db "resonated" kits, when you put a "eliminator" kit on these (straight thru suitcase) the rating goes much higher then advertised.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin_Bob View Post
    Depends on which suitcase you have. Anything over 5db eliminator kit, on a 3 pass suitcase, will have a possibility of drone.
    Same on the straight thru suitcase, the resonated kits are measured off of that exhaust, so about 5 db over stock. We only offer 2,4 and 6db "resonated" kits, when you put a "eliminator" kit on these (straight thru suitcase) the rating goes much higher then advertised.
    Well I am picking the car up on saturday and it is a 05 so it most likely is the 3 pass

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •