Post Thanks / Like

Challenger R/T exhaust Mods

Bob I have a R/T classic auto and I had the front mufflers replaced with a freeflow type muffler which was a mistake I am now considering replacing the rear resonator, should I go with or without the glass pacs would I be better off putting the stock muffler back on? I appreciate you expertise I am looking for a deep performance sound

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know what mufflers were installed?

Post Thanks / Like
    They are solo storm performance mufflers This site wont allow my to post a url but I can say the website is solo-performance and there is a muffler series link upper left. in any event it is a free flowing chambered muffler to reduce drone the body is 5X11" what I am wondering is would you sugest using your 250ce or gp250ce

Thanks again
    kendq

Post Thanks / Like
    It's difficult to tell by there photo what the internals are like, almost looks louvered but it has no pattern to the louvers. Unless it's a straight thru design I would have to say the stock was better. If you did leave it on then I would suggest going with a reso eliminator kit. The resonated kit will give you a good amount of extra tone over what it sounds like now, if you don't want to add a great deal of extra sound.
    Last edited by Blastin_Bob; 02-09-2010 at 11:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK I removed the drivers side rear pipe and took it for a ride had a very little drone but with it ending before the axle would it be better when extended out the rear You say the gp add 6 decibels about how many are added with the eliminators?

Thanks again for your time
    kendq

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kendq View Post
    OK I removed the drivers side rear pipe and took it for a ride had a very little drone but with it ending before the axle would it be better when extended out the rear You say the gp add 6 decibels about how many are added with the eliminators?

Thanks again for your time
    kendq
    I've not yet measured but it's at least another 4db.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got the shipping confirmation from you I ordered the gp250 hope it does the trick

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Bob
    I got the glasspac eliminators and I am glad I did very deep seems to be on the edge of drone at 1800 rpm but there is none

Thanks
    kendq

Share This Thread