Thread: Bob...

Post Thanks / Like

Bob...

OK... im rethinking my exhaust for the last time and dont want to do it again lol... this is what i got on the modified v6 3.5 already...

Now... If i get the GPDW250 as this is a stock RT system with the reso cut out, what will that do for me sound wise ???? i want a deeper note but no drown !!!! that is key i hate drown lol.. i want to keep the RT X pipe for sure and change what i need from there back. Also keep in mind there will be JBA shorties put on during the spring/summer.. what you think ???

Chris
    Last edited by oakcharger; 01-28-2010 at 03:19 PM.
    Brilliant Black 08 Charger RT /w Road And Track
    Bright White 13 Ram Sport, All Options +

Mods: I'm not telling

Post Thanks / Like
    well if you have drone now...with no resonators after the suitcase....the dual glasspacks should give it a decent tone without being too loud...i think that would kill quite a bit of the drone...the hemi muffler should be sufficient for sound deadening with the glasspacks .......im going to be going with a single in/out magnaflow muffler out to hemi resonators....probably in the next week or 2, ill post up clips when i do
    Last edited by terrier126; 01-28-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    thats what i was thinking too it should clean up the sound, there is very little drown now, i guess what i want is to clean up the sound and deepen it !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    What year R/T did that come from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by terrier126 View Post
    ...im going to be going with a single in/out magnaflow muffler out to hemi resonators....probably in the next week or 2, ill post up clips when i do
    It will be quiet with hemi resonators on there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin_Bob View Post
    It will be quiet with hemi resonators on there.
    well i'm currently running the magnaflow muffler with the stock resonator, and there is very little if any sound....so i figured the hemi ones will liven it up a little...if not i may have to go with a much smaller magnaflow than the 5x11x22....i really wasnt sure how loud anything was going to be since i couldn't really find clips of what i was going to do
    Last edited by terrier126; 01-29-2010 at 10:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by terrier126 View Post
    well i'm currently running the magnaflow muffler with the stock resonator, and there is very little if any sound....so i figured the hemi ones will liven it up a little...if not i may have to go with a much smaller magnaflow than the 5x11x22....i really wasnt sure how loud anything was going to be since i couldn't really find clips of what i was going to do
    The hemi resonator, IMO, is more restrictive the the 6cyl resonator.

Post Thanks / Like
    what about if you got rid of the suitcase and put some deeper tone mufflers on there?
    something that was glass packed like magnaflows or something, won't that eliminate some of your drone?
    or maybe get some bullet style resonators welded in. you could probably do that for about $100.
    many are two way so depending on which way you mount them it can make it quieter for you.
    just a thought

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the Delay in response Bob was getting headers ordered, this RT system came off an 06 i believe... and the resos are off the car...

Share This Thread