LX Forums Forum banner

Charger-Challenger Billet Strut Tower Brace

8K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  GDuB 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> Looks good</o:p>
<o:p>
</o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
One problem with the OEM SRT8 Hood. I'll need to shave the underhood pad<o:p></o:p>
<o:p>
</o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I know, the car is dirty but, this morning was raining.

#6 ·
Very easy to install, the only difficult part is making two holes on the rear support bar. You need a torque wrench, 30 ft-lbs for the nuts on the strut mounts and 35 for the rear mount bolts.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I didn't finish with the installation; I have an OEM SRT hood and need to be shaved.<o:p></o:p>

#9 ·
1} I really like your car. Nice job on it in general. Classy.

2} The reason this product needs alteration of an SRT hood/pad is because it projects too far forward. Most strut-braces for our cars are designed to even be compatible with the 5.7L Hemi engine cover, and replace the existing cross-member. The tuck back further, absolutely not in the way.

3} While yours is very nice, I'd encourage folks to look at the Razor's Edge brace. No drilling required, and tucks in the back nice. There's a detailed how-to here. It's only about $60 more.

#12 ·
1} I really like your car. Nice job on it in general. Classy.
Thank you...

3} While yours is very nice, I'd encourage folks to look at the Razor's Edge brace. No drilling required, and tucks in the back nice. There's a detailed how-to here. It's only about $60 more.

That was my other option, I choose to install the Drake because it was a gift from my brother.

#13 ·
Forgive the stupid question but what exactly does a Strut Tower Brace do?

#15 ·
In theroy it 'ties' the front end in for less chasis flex under hard turning and overall better control. Some people get them just for the looks. Not all have been made to do the first part, some are quick jobs that are mainly for the looks. I don't know the history on DRAKE performance (this Mfg.). Mopar has one out as does Richard Petty Racing (for a few more options).

#16 ·
Here's what I went with, from Stack:

#17 ·
Ordered mine!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait to install!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 ·
Installed and loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#22 ·
How did it go? Shaving the underpiece to fit with the SRT8 hood? I am highly interested in this bar and was wondering what you did to make it fit?

Thanks for any help!!!
I think he has disappeared...
It would be nice to see pics of how he had to cut the Charger SRT8 hood scoop inlets for the bar to fit.

I wonder if any other Charger SRT8 members have one of these bars?

Your probably better pming him to get an answer since is not on here very often.

But I am willing to bet that just removing fabric shield should provide the space needed. And it looks like the vent holes should be sitting just forward of the bar or just remove that too if its in the way, that will definently give you the space..

#20 ·
I think he has disappeared...
It would be nice to see pics of how he had to cut the Charger SRT8 hood scoop inlets for the bar to fit.

I wonder if any other Charger SRT8 members have one of these bars?

#21 ·
I've had this STB on my Challenger for over a year and it is solid. Just leave plenty of time to measure and mark the firewall brace and follow the directions to the letter. A very well made piece with very tight tolerances. Highly recommend!

#24 · (Edited)
Hey.....
That would be real nice to see some pics of the modifications to hood scoop inlets.
I already have the strut bar, just need to know what to do with the underside of the hood.

Sent from NS1Droid using Tapatalk

#29 ·
Did you have to take the engine cover off to get the bolts on the rear support bar? I am having a helluva time getting this thing on without having to do that. I know I have big hands but geez.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.