Post Thanks / Like

Trying to out-trick nature!

Well lived in Maryland for 36 years and had to deal with snow and ice every winter, cleaning gutters of leaves at least 3 times per year, raking mountains of leaves, etc. We got fed-up with that cold weather and decided to move back home to Houston Texas.

First year here in our new home we had an introduction to Texas weather and were greeted by hurricane IKE; no damage to the house but some trees bent over and required care. Did scare the crap out of us. WTF!
    Second year, had snow which has not happened in decades not to mention it was hotter than hell in the summer! OK I knew about the heat but SNOW in decades! WTF!!
    Nine days into the third year, we are having a freeze which managed to cause a break in the lawn watering system and a gusher of water! WTF!!!

The University of Texas loses their star quarterback in the first quarter and Bama takes advantage and shows it deserves the number 1 ranking.

Darn Cowboys better win against the Eagles tonight or I will have to write off this year early. Well maybe after the 5th Annual Spring Festival in Irving, CA.
    Later
    Sheldon@USWForged.com
    Check Out our Latest Wheel Designs
    Visit Our USW Forged Vendor Section
    713.680.8170 main
    2855 Mangum Road Suite B208
    Houston TX 77092

Arrington forged 392\ProCharger D1SC (11.20/124mph)

Post Thanks / Like
    while i'm not a cowboy fan, i'm glad you didn't have to write the year off.... LOL.

Rob
    rob@spacecitylx.com
    Space City LX, Houston's Premier Modern Mopar Enthusiast Organization
    The Cars Bring Us Together... The People Set Us Apart
    Gathering Owners... Connecting Enthusiasts

Lone Star Mopar Fest
    Billet Technology

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the global warming Mr Gore!

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate Texas (not the people, just the place)
    Last edited by OneLook; 01-11-2010 at 11:53 AM.

See my gallery here: OneLook's Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow so much hostility. You all made me feel better about the events that I talked about given your feelings on global warning, Texas and the Cowboys. LOL.
    Global warning: Hey it is happening just look North of Canada but to place that thought in prespective, I own two SRTs so what does that tell you?
    Texas: Just curious, why do you "hate" Texas?
    Rob, we need to talk!
    Later

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha, just personal experience, I guess... let's see, where have I been?

Austin
    Houston
    Dallas
    Fort Worth
    Granbury
    San Antonio
    La Vernia
    Midland
    Odessa
    Lubbock
    Zephyr

Prolly 1 or 2 others that I'm forgetting... just... don't like it. HOT as hell, HUMID, miserable. In the summer, everything is pretty much dead... no grass or lawn. So hot outside you can't think, and as soon as you get inside the AC is up so high your sweat-covered body instantly freezes stiff. And when you eventually do dry off, you spend the rest of the day shivering. That is, until you walk back outside and it feels like you just got out of an icy pool in winter time and cannon-balled into the hot tub.

That combined with the uber-pride and "don't mess with texas" attitude that most have... just... doesn't suit me, I guess.

Not that it's a bad place, a lot of people like it... just not me

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLook View Post
    Haha, just personal experience, I guess... let's see, where have I been?

Austin
    Houston
    Dallas
    Fort Worth
    Granbury
    San Antonio
    La Vernia
    Midland
    Odessa
    Lubbock
    Zephyr

Prolly 1 or 2 others that I'm forgetting... just... don't like it. HOT as hell, HUMID, miserable. In the summer, everything is pretty much dead... no grass or lawn. So hot outside you can't think, and as soon as you get inside the AC is up so high your sweat-covered body instantly freezes stiff. And when you eventually do dry off, you spend the rest of the day shivering. That is, until you walk back outside and it feels like you just got out of an icy pool in winter time and cannon-balled into the hot tub.

That combined with the uber-pride and "don't mess with texas" attitude that most have... just... doesn't suit me, I guess.

Not that it's a bad place, a lot of people like it... just not me
    Well I certainly can't argue with any thing you said because its all true! BUT, I also have been in Utah in the summer and it is HOT and dry; darn salt from prespiration sticks to the body if not hydrated! If you are ever in Houston look us up on the SpaceCityLX car club site for lunch/dinner.

By-the-way Don't Mess with Texas!
    Later
    Last edited by DarthCharger; 01-11-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: More fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthCharger View Post
    ...If you are ever in Houston look us up on the SpaceCityLX car club site for lunch/dinner.

By-the-way Don't Mess with Texas!
    Later
    Will do

Post Thanks / Like
    I miss Austin. There was always something going on, something to do. Kinda like Vegas.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/signaturepics/sigpic23029_3.gif
    MY HEMI REGISTRY PAGE
    Quote Originally Posted by MattRobertson View Post
    ... Do it for fun and enjoy the improved performance, but don't think you made a transaction that makes any financial sense. Use the economy numbers to torpedo the tree hugger who wants to get snooty with you, but know in your heart you did it so you could go faster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Austin is definitely an oasis in the middle of texas

2007 Charger Road & Track R/T

Share This Thread