2004 Dodge Stratus sedan - Passenger side front window goes down but not up!
Just wondering if anybody has ran in to this problem before. Usually when the window would get stuck down it would eventually go back up sometimes minutes later this time it is stuck about 5 to 7" down and won't move.
1. Passenger side front window goes down but not up.
2. Does this with either driver or passenger side switch.
3. Sometimes rear passenger window doesn't work with master driverside window switches.
4. I used a switch from one of the back doors and got the same result.
5. When you try to raise windows that are already up with the heater blower motor at full blast you can hear current pulling from car and the blower motor weaken and the dome light dim as well but nothing with the passenger side switches.
6. I have no ohm meter right now to check for current.
Anybody know if it sounds like a switch or the motor itself the last thing I want to do is take it in to a repair shop and pay out the arse and any help would be much apreciated.
Last edited by TheDarkKnight; 01-04-2010 at 05:48 PM.
i'm having trouble picturing exactly which window is not working.
L/F, R/F, L/R, R/R.
Originally Posted by Canadianknight
Could be the motor. The passenger-side window on our 2001 Chrysler Town & Country would get stuck like that. I'd have to clamp the glass with my palms while my wife pressed the switch and I'd push the glass up. Dealer replaced the motor about 2-3 years ago for about $250 and it's been fine since.
2006 Black Magnum RT AWD - Cherry Bomb Vortex Cat Back, SLP Dual-Wall tips, Volant CAI
2010 Black Jeep Commander Limited
You will most likely have to buy the whole assembly if it is the motor. I know on my maggie it was about $350.00 from the stealership. I would check ebay or Pick a Part for one. They are easy to install.
From hells heart...I stab at thee.
disconnect the R/F power window motor and install a test bulb. if the bulb only lights in one direction, replace the driver's gang switch.