Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Should I buy a Charger or Challenger ? UPDATE: made my decision

Well, I'm pretty seriously thinking about selling my '05 Ram "Daytona" and buying either a new Charger SRT or new Challenger SRT. This purchase will likely be my last new car, as I would pay for it while I am still working and then retire. Between this new purchase, the Cuda and my Lil Red, I'd have plenty of vehicles to get me by in retirement, plus whatever car we maintain for my wife. As much as I LOVE the 'Tona, it's BIG, high and I just won't need that much truck when I retire.

The dilemma for me is, should I buy a Charger (four door) or a Challenger (two door)? Every time I see a Challenger, they take my breath away! I want one real bad, but it could become impractical for me as I get older (much like my 'Tona). The Chargers are damn cool and would probably be the more practical car down the road. I like them a lot, but they don't take my breath away like the Challengers do (I gotta be a pretty sick basterd for letting CARS affect me that much).

I'm concerned that if I buy a Charger, I may regret it every time I see a Challenger. If I buy a Challenger, down the road I could regret not having a four door. I want to keep this last new purchase well into old age (Lord willing). Any input you guys / gals who own Chargers / Challengers may have would be much appreciated. How do you like your cars? Other member's input welcome as well.

(I know that while there are people out there losing their jobs, this "dilema" of mine may seem trivial. I feel for those people and my prayers go out to them...)
    Last edited by Cuda SRT8; 12-28-2009 at 12:36 AM.
    'Cuda SRT8

My Mopars:
    '69 'Cuda fastback with (HHP/BES Racing) 6.1 392 stroker, a TKO600 5 speed and a Dana 60
    '10 Challenger R/T "Classic" in B5 Blue (5.7/automatic) SRT suspension and exhaust, with Corsa cat-back
    '05 Dodge Ram Daytona in
    GoManGo (5.7/automatic)
    "Three Hemis; no waiting"

Post Thanks / Like
    Buy one of each....problem solved!!!

Charger or Challenger...you can't go wrong. Good luck choosing.
    ****Click here for the Superbee Owners Group****

.......: 2008 Charger SRT8 Superbee 534/1000 :......

"..IF IT WON'T FIT, FORCE IT, IF IT BREAKS...IT NEEDED TO BE FIXED ANYWAY..."

bipto is offline "If you like your LXF, you can keep it"

Post Thanks / Like
    Challenger's prettier...
    "It's not that I'm old - your music really does suck..."
    See The Iron Mistress Galleries
    R.I.P. Dave Coults ***

Post Thanks / Like
    If you love the Challenger that much... then that is what you should get...

If you REALLY need 4 doors.. then it is a Charger, you should get..
    Thank you Bigal470

Post Thanks / Like
    Challenger. For the simple fact is you will always want one. Do you have a family your trying to haul in it or something? It's just you and the wife right? Make the wife get a 4 door
    '11 Charger R/T, R&T
    USAF

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you did not have it as a choice, but the SRT 8 Magnum ( in Silver ) is always a fine choice. However, Since you selected the Charger or the Chally, I say go with the four door since you have a Cuda already
    Frankentake from BT, Diablo Predator, Arrington Stage 4 Heads, Modern Muscle Pimp Slap Cam ( aka Donkey D!ck), 437rwhp 404 torque, Dyno Tuned @ Modern Muscle, Perfected by Johan, BT Catch Can, BT SRT 8 Shift plate and SRT 8 knob, 22in Machine Face Vipers on Nitto's. AMG Paddle Shifters. Yet to be installed Arrington 426 short block.

Post Thanks / Like
    I sold my '05 Ram Daytona to get the Challenger. I miss the truck, but there's no car I would rather have than this Challenger. Have your breath taken away every day ..... Challenger.
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ".. Holy Sh*t.. What A Ride " !!!! ( George Carlin )

Post Thanks / Like
    Go Challenger to satisfy the emotional need, otherwise you'll have buyer's remorse on the Charger everytime you see a Challenger. Getting in and out of a two door as driver or shot-gun is not going to be an issue no matter your age. If anyone needs to get in the back, just funnel them all through the passenger side. I had similar concerns before I decided on the Challenger as I have my young kids ride with me a few times a week when they want to ride the cool car instead of my wife's Suburban.

Nothing wrong with Chargers at all, but go get your Challenger! You'll have a smile on your face every time you drive it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've owned a couple two door cars and they are not practical at all
    I have the Charger now and if i could aford a second car i would buy a challenger but for me the Charger makes more sense. And i don't even have kids and it makes more sense lol
    But at the end of the day it is whatever is going to make you happy
    And for buyers remorse, i don't understand that myself I love the look of my car

2015 Chrysler 200S, not much will be done to this one
    2013 Ram 1500 Sport- 4" BDS Lift, Fuel Krank Wheels with 35" Tires :-) and a bunch of other crap(Gone)
    2011 Ram 1500 Sport (Traded in)

2010 GCSRT8, 20" (Traded In)
    2008 Superbee #558/1000, Traded in and missed
    2005 Crossfire, Traded in on Bee

Post Thanks / Like
    Get the Challenger! If still unsure ask yourself this question -

When your 80+ years old and cannot drive anymore what will you regret more? Not getting the Practical 4 door Charger or not getting the Challenger that took your breath away? Follow your heart and you will have no regrets.
    Marcus

Magnum #1 (The Tower)
    2005 R/T Mods-
    AIRHAMMER intake, Fri Street heads, Sidewinder cam, JBA Shorty Headers, ZOOMERS exhaust, 180 TSTAT, Catch Can, Mopar TCM, DiabloSport Predator, CMR tuned by Ditos Motors.

Magnum #2
    2006 SRT8 Mods-
    CF Airhammer Intake, Mopar Exhaust, Mopar Stage 2 Coilover Suspension Kit, Mopar Performance Anti Sway Bar Kit, DC Sports Carbon Steel Strut Bar, 180 TSTAT, DiabloSport Predator, Paramount Performance Stage II Valve Body, Tranzformer, 3400 Dominator Torque Converter, AMG Paddle shifters

Post Thanks / Like
    Chally! you don't need the four doors. Plus you could buy a charger for the wife! IDEA!!! Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a grandfather, it's way easier dealing with car seats with 4 doors.
    This summer, had to drive adults around during a funeral, fit four comfortably.
    On the highway smooth ....

This isn't your grandfather's Charger ...
    Rex - 2006 Charger R/T
    Longview, Texas
    Hemi Registry #1260 - and proud of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is one more factor though: price! On paper they are more or less the same but in reality you can deal on a Charger much easier than on a Challenger. When I bought mine (MSRT8) at the end of 2006 I got it fully loaded for around $35k. The Challenger takes my breath away, too, and I want one badly. But when I look at the numbers it just doesn't make any sense for me. Plus, ten years ago when you wanted a nice sounding American V8 you almost always had to go with a Mustang and I just found the rear space too small on those so I was very happy when Mopar came out with the 4 doors HEMIs. So I do appreciate my car a lot. Still though, if right now I had to choose between a Charger and a Challenger I would go with the Challenger (unless I really really needed 4 doors). Its looks are just to die for...
    2006 Inferno Red Dodge Magnum SRT8, Option Groups I, II & III
    2010 Stone White Dodge Challenger R/T

Post Thanks / Like

InferAl is offline "R.I.P. Lou1355 "The Hellbitch lives On"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man that is a tough choice, is there a reason you would ever need a back seat for anything
    2009 Challenger R/T PWR// Aluminum Big Bore 426..PWR// Thitek Heads & Cam Installed By BFNY Performance
    SHR Trans Paramount 8.8 & Dominator TC Tuned By Jerseyboy Atco
    Video

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Share This Thread