LX Forums Forum banner

Not so happy holidays... =(

4K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  RadarVector 
#1 ·
Well after a good night of hanging out with some buddies on a typical Thursday night, a couple of idiots decided to ruin it real quick! As it came time to roll out and call it a night im heading down the streets of Downtown Houston. I make my approach to a red light and turn the music up! Sitting there jamming out without a care in the world, at the moment at least then comes the green! Halfway out in the intersection I see a glimpse of light appearing fast on my left side eye... Sure enough I knew exactly what was about to happen. I tried turning my wheel as fast as I could to the right hoping this A*hole would swerve left but nope! I did my best to avoid him but there isnt much you can do when someone else decides to run a red light. Im sure you know what happened after that when two vehicles impact eachother. =(

What makes me pissed even more is that the other motorists are claiming I ran the red light and hit them. Which is a bunch of crap. There were no witnesses and no traffic cameras to verify it either. My words verse theirs. The cops took the reports down and found nobody at fault, and nobody was given a ticket. I couldnt believe what a bunch of ignorant liars they were and to sit there and accusing me of doing no harm.

As far as the damage goes, I got lucky enough the entire car wasent totalled. As always Im glad everyone was safe and nobody got hurt to begin with. Plastic, metal, fiberglass etc.. are replaceable and a life isnt... but excuse my language, Damn!! why me?.. and to sit there and lie about it..Shake my head!! I mean just the sight of the wrecked front end makes me sick and sad all together. Ive worked hard to save up money and spend a little here and there on making improvements for myself and others to view. But theres always a set back... Once an eye catcher, now simply an eye sore. It truely hurts. A piece of me broke along with the car last night.

Heres some photos of the damage I took before they hauled her off to the collision shop. Basically the entire front end will have to be replaced or fixed somehow.

Any ideas or estimates of how much this type of damage is? Would I have to get OEM parts, aftermarket, or could I do custom???

My first wreck and my heads spinning...

----

Before... =(

See less See more
#2 ·
Well dang man sorry to read that, time for a grip fascia?

#3 ·
Wow what a bummer. Real sorry to hear and see. I know how I would feel so I understand completely. I am glad however to hear know one was hurt. I guess the future is up to you now.(and the body shop) What can you do? Grip? Stock? Custom? We all look forward to seeing your decision. I think your holiday is blessed with no injuries and a new look for the new year.

#5 ·
damnnnn, I have to side with my LX / SRT brother --
those A-holes shoulda been ticketed!!!
it looks pretty bad, but coulda been worse --

I'll SWAG you've got about $4500 in repairs --
(pulled that right outta my ARSE)

love those wheels!! are they 20's or 22's?

who did the paint?

#6 ·
When I first got her, my plan was to keep the Bee as stock as possible with a few add ons here and there for the better...but now I may just do a little something different..? Not sure.

"da BoMM" the wheels are 22". Had the people at CalChrome do them for me.

#8 ·
Be sure and have someone check the wheels for roundness, never know.
Sorry for what happened to you that Bee looked awesome.
Grip Facia and halos!!!!!!

#9 ·
Dude that sucks for your car. You can get custom stuff done to your car if the shop that fixes your car allows you too. We have a guy in houston that has worked on a few of the sclx member cars. He does awesome work. He has custom painted Dr. Al's charger, my magnum and a few others. He also allows you to change oem parts for custom parts you just have to pay the difference. His shop is on the north side of houston. His name is colin and his number is 281-257-4422. Great guy to deal with. Glad you are ok and good luck with getting it back together

#11 ·
Thanks for the info bro, I'll deff look into it and give them a call if I cant get situated with the shop its at now. Took it to one of Dodge's collision shops they recommended to be fixed, painted, etc... The guys there seem pretty cool and easy to get along with. I went by there a couple weeks before this accident to check them out and they have a good line of rep. I had some of the rivets break off and my front fascia became detached from the fender somehow. The bottom pan underneath was also dragging. I drove up there on a Saturday one time around noon, right before they were about to close. The guys there actually stayed opened for me, and fixed the situation within 30mins, and said no biggy free of charge! Pretty good service despite them missing most of their lunch breaks and staying out a little bit later to get the job done. :thumbs_u: I figure I give them another shout, hopefully they can work with me if I do decide to get something else.

Brother Bee, sorry your baby got hit. I know the feeling all to well. My Bee was t-boned in late 08 and I know the pain you feel. Like Jon (lilpun) already stated, we have a great body guy (Colin) who will take very good care of your Bee. After you price a new oem front fascia, you might want to look into a Grip front fascia.

I am just glad you are ok, cars can be fixed. If you need any help please feel free to contact me.

Just so you know your not alone with getting your baby hit.
Ouch man, never knew your Bee got hit! That totally sucks and yes the feeling is even worse. No worries though bro, hopefully I can her back up and running in no time. Everyone is mentioning the Grip front fascia and I agree it deff looks great...I may have to consider it and changed things up a bit. Guess thats what the New Years is for anyways right? New year, new front end, new bee! :mrgreen:

Im trying to make the best out of things even though it still a bummer..

#10 ·
Brother Bee, sorry your baby got hit. I know the feeling all to well. My Bee was t-boned in late 08 and I know the pain you feel. Like Jon (lilpun) already stated, we have a great body guy (Colin) who will take very good care of your Bee. After you price a new oem front fascia, you might want to look into a Grip front fascia.

I am just glad you are ok, cars can be fixed. If you need any help please feel free to contact me.

Just so you know your not alone with getting your baby hit.

#12 ·
Dang bro, sorry to hear that some idiots ran into that beautiful ride but more importantly no one was hurt. I am not sure that I would ciustomize a Bee especially one in that color cause it rare. in regards to the body work and paint, Colin at Hurst Colission is the man. He does fantastic paint work (See my avitar).
Later

#14 ·
Did a little photoshopped from "MySRT8U" picture, hope he doesnt mind. But what do you guys think about the GRIP fascia for the B5 Bee? Thats if I decide and go along with getting it... Opinions, suggestions, keep it stock, or go for it?

Colored the wheels as well since mine are already done...

#16 ·
X2

#20 ·
Believe me I was heated and I deff wanted to, but I would have only made things worse than it already was. The cops believed me, but its hard not to get an equal outcome when there were no witnesses or cameras around and have 5 other guys claiming I ran it.

I live in humble...So if you need a ride to an event or anything hit me up....Btw i saw you riding down will clayton by my house in the bee a few weeks ago didnt know you lived in this area.
Thanks bro, ya I moved out there couple months back. Originally from the Northshore area but now Im roaming around Atascocita/Kingwood area. Ive seen quite a few LX cars around here.. Couple custom Magnums and seen about every color Daytona Charger. There always on W. Lake Houston or 1960 when I pass by.

#21 ·
Yea i live on will clayton in timber forest... i saw you at the target meet up last month. but i didnt get a chance to come speak to ya....The guy in the torred daytona has a bad attitude so i dont bother asking him to join...Have you seen the silver daytona!!!! Its upbadged to death..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.