Post Thanks / Like

Future Meet Proposal

Club Members,
    I was watching Sunday Morning with Charles Osgood last Sunday and they had a segment on a restaurant in Round Top Texas (less than 2 hours away and up 290 towards Austin) that apparently makes some real good pies. See http://www.royersroundtopcafe.com/ I thought we might rustle up some folks and take a Spacecitylx caravan to find out more about these pies which you can purchase for a cost of $6869 for life! That is, for the princely sum of $6869 you will get a pie a month for life based on estimated longevity insurance tables. Or you can but it by the slice. LOL See http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/22/sunday/geist/main5737953.shtml?tag=cbsnewsSectionsArea.2 I am willing to do some scouting for the club!!
    Later
    Last edited by DarthCharger; 11-28-2009 at 10:09 AM.
    Sheldon@USWForged.com
    Check Out our Latest Wheel Designs
    Visit Our USW Forged Vendor Section
    713.680.8170 main
    2855 Mangum Road Suite B208
    Houston TX 77092

Arrington forged 392\ProCharger D1SC (11.20/124mph)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm.. 2 hours for pie. Better be a sunny day and the best friggin pie ever. ;-)

Tell me, do you like pie? </The Rock voice>
    SCLX

07 Mag SXT A5 eibach pro 22s (son inherited) -> 14 R/T+ blacktop M6 T/A

Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO, its more about crusing with the club than the pie! Yea, I like pie but like you said, it better be good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree on the cruise, hence the first stipulation - better be sunny.

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy driving out towards round top. Can see chapel hill sausage and blue bell on the way. Good idea al

2007 Charger Road & Track R/T

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthCharger View Post
    Club Members,
    I was watching Sunday Morning with Charles Osgood last Sunday and they had a segment on a restaurant in Round Top Texas (less than 2 hours away and up 290 towards Austin) that apparently makes some real good pies. See http://www.royersroundtopcafe.com/ I thought we might rustle up some folks and take a Spacecitylx caravan to find out more about these pies which you can purchase for a cost of $6869 for life! That is, for the princely sum of $6869 you will get a pie a month for life based on estimated longevity insurance tables. Or you can but it by the slice. LOL See http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/22/sunday/geist/main5737953.shtml?tag=cbsnewsSectionsArea.2 I am willing to do some scouting for the club!!
    Later
    Al, if you and Roger want to make a trial run to ....taste the pie,lol. I am game, let me know and we'll go scout it out for a potential monthly big event. Those pies and friend chicken look mighty good and I love Buds philosophy on having to have ice cream on your pie.....

FreebirdSRT
    2007 Dodge Charger SRT Super Bee 993/1000
    2012 Chrysler 300S

SOLD
    2006 Chrysler 300 SRT
    2006 Dodge Magnum SRT

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreebirdSRT View Post
    Al, if you and Roger want to make a trial run to ....taste the pie,lol. I am game, let me know and we'll go scout it out for a potential monthly big event. Those pies and friend chicken look mighty good and I love Buds philosophy on having to have ice cream on your pie.....

Isn't that a riot, the restaurant will charge you $0.50 extra if you DO NOT order the ice cream on the pie!! I am game for the trial run when the threat of that 4-letter word that must not be spoken is not evident. LOL

Share This Thread