Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sensitive Throttle on Boosted applications

Who all has the problem? Its a huge problem on positive displacement blower cars, especially with a cam and alot of boost.

I have the 100% fix for it, car has stock throttle responce until YOU want it to jump. I can set it to only make boost with your foot to the floor or it can be regulated to any throttle position you want for the "snap" feel.

If there is enough interest I'll build the product for resale, if not then I can just build them one @ a time as I need them.
    Fwiw, I just finish a 426 KB car that made 780rwhp and 840TQ. The car's pedal is 100% stock with no grey area of the pedal that the car just decides it wants to take off on you. I see people complain all the time that their "boosted" application has an area in the throttle that the car "takes off" on them. This product will 100% eliminate it.

Let me know if there is much interest in having them made for re-sale.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim @ MPH View Post
    Who all has the problem? Its a huge problem on positive displacement blower cars, especially with a cam and alot of boost.

I have the 100% fix for it, car has stock throttle responce until YOU want it to jump. I can set it to only make boost with your foot to the floor or it can be regulated to any throttle position you want for the "snap" feel.

If there is enough interest I'll build the product for resale, if not then I can just build them one @ a time as I need them.
    Fwiw, I just finish a 426 KB car that made 780rwhp and 840TQ. The car's pedal is 100% stock with no grey area of the pedal that the car just decides it wants to take off on you. I see people complain all the time that their "boosted" application has an area in the throttle that the car "takes off" on them. This product will 100% eliminate it.

Let me know if there is much interest in having them made for re-sale.

Tim
    This is an important consideration for me with a S/C'd forged 6.1. I'd like more installation details and pricing info.

Post Thanks / Like
    depend on the price...
    400ci stroker, Vortech blower, and enough said

Post Thanks / Like
    It has to be CNC'd so the more I make the cheaper it is.
    I'm looking for an idea on the amount of interest right now. Installation is maybe 15 minutes and very easy. It fixes the problem completely without having to do any tuning in the ETC table.

I would hope its $350-$500. I really hope the price is close to the cost of a hand held tuner.
    Last edited by Tim@Mr.Norm's; 11-16-2009 at 04:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea on price until I see what demand might be. It has to be CNC'd so the more I make the cheaper it is.
    I'm looking for an idea on the amount of interest right now. Installation is maybe 15 minutes and very easy. It fixes the problem completely without having to do any tuning in the ETC table.
    Keep me on the mailing list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very interested!!! I have a shop full of CNC equipment if you need some made up, I'm in Canada however.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Pro Charger getting installed this week, I would believe it will have a surge verses a progressive powerband! I'll take one before I get it tuned! I'm ready to be your voice for the Stroker, S/C'D crowd!
    Last edited by CrazySRT8; 11-17-2009 at 01:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Subscribed.....

So this is more of a progressive N/A feel rather than an instant power band surge, if so very interested.

A little more details would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BadazBEE-423 View Post
    Subscribed.....

So this is more of a progressive N/A feel rather than an instant power band surge, if so very interested.

A little more details would be greatly appreciated.
    exactly. no instant wot feel @ light throttle.

Post Thanks / Like
    So how exactly does this part work, retard the amount of air going into the intake?

Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WEWSRT8 View Post
    Count me in.
    Your setup is exactly the setup that has the issues horribly. I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BadazBEE-423 View Post
    So how exactly does this part work, retard the amount of air going into the intake?
    Nothing like that. If I explained it here than another manufacture will jump on it. From the phone call I just had tonight I was told this is a huge discovery on my part and to go ahead and apply for a patent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your setup is exactly the setup that has the issues horribly. I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Yes I do. Looking forward to the fix.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing like that. If I explained it here than another manufacture will jump on it. From the phone call I just had tonight I was told this is a huge discovery on my part and to go ahead and apply for a patent.
    Please don't wait for the 2+ year patent approval process to get something to market. At minimum submit a provisional patent that'll give you 12 months to get the patent submission finalized.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Share This Thread