Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ride update(pics as req.)

Ok well here's the pics as requested folks.

Some of the upgrades.

2-12" kicker L7's in factory kicker box paneled off
    Kicker 1500x1 amp
    Kinetik 1400 battery parallel with the factory battery
    Custom srt8 logo plexi lite up with flexiable smd from AAC

All underhood&interior Bt black designer series goodies
    Airbrushing by Jay from Jay's Graf-x
    Aria carbon fiber intake colormatched.

The airbrushing is white flames with a silver metallic flake on em. For some reason my camera made them look blue.

The airbrushing is great except for some minor issues I have but Jay is going to take care of it when he gets back into town.

Next my 22x9 kmc novas that have been sitting in my closet for over a month will be put on in a week or two.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice Josh

my halos go on tomorrow.

you coming by?
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8crash View Post
    Its like paying $6K for your girlfriend to get a great boob job, then meeting a girl that has better boobs that are natural, are you gonna complain cuz you paid $6k for boobs for an Ex that aren't as good as the one in your hand? I think not.

Post Thanks / Like
    i see a killerglass in your future Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking Ride man!
    Go ManGo Daytona 1259
    Florida LX Club

Post Thanks / Like
    josh when you put the wheels on dont forget that you will need spacers in the front and back. good looking ride

2006 Magnum SRT8
    MagnaFlow Catback
    Custom Painted Airhammer
    180 tstat
    KMC Nova 22x9 22x11
    demoulded
    interior, exterior, and underhood bling from BT
    Diablosport Predator
    Shaved bumper inserts and rear hatch
    More to come when the money does

Post Thanks / Like
    looks good man.... jay did his thang again on ur ride.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpun7 View Post
    josh when you put the wheels on dont forget that you will need spacers in the front and back. good looking ride
    why the back? the brembos in the rear are not as fat as the ones in front so why would you need spacers in the rear?

looking at mine, no wheels should have any problem clearing the rear cos there's lots of clearannce with the stock wheels unlike the front

Post Thanks / Like
    Sick looking ride you got there... Cant wait to see the Novas installed

Post Thanks / Like
    because i have this wheels i know from experience. i ran the backs without the spacers and messed up my rear brembos. regardless of the offset the measurement that no one talks about is the distance from the back of the spokes to the back of the hub is the distance you need to figure out if a wheel will clear a big brake kit. this sounds like the offset but the actual offset is measured from where the spoke is attached to the wheel tub to the back of the hub. Where you need to measure to see if it will clear is about mid spoke or where the caliper will pass on the spoke.

Post Thanks / Like
    because i have this wheels i know from experience. i ran the backs without the spacers and messed up my rear brembos. regardless of the offset the measurement that no one talks about is the distance from the back of the spokes to the back of the hub is the distance you need to figure out if a wheel will clear a big brake kit. this sounds like the offset but the actual offset is measured from where the spoke is attached to the wheel tub to the back of the hub. Where you need to measure to see if it will clear is about mid spoke or where the caliper will pass on the spoke.
    yeah, i understand. i'm not talking about offset either, i'mm talking about what you described.

and i believe you i'm not disagreeing with you i'm just trying to figure out how much the fronts would need to be pushed out if the reark cannot clear.

cos looking at my stock wheels, the front brembo looks close to them but the rear brembos are far away from the back of the spokes.

so i'm thinking if you need spacers for the rear, you are going to need way more than 3mm spacers for the front because the difference between the crearance from my brembo to the back of my stockers is over 3mm difference between front and back from my eyes' ruler. oh well.

Post Thanks / Like
    that airbrush rocks!
    6.1L Hemi Registry #1020
    Custom airbrush (!), stainless steel motor bay, stainless steel Air-Hammer, stainless steel Magnaflow Cat-Back, shaved door handles and rear wiper, HID's w/halos and tinted tails.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words guys.

Yeah I know about the spacers. I also know a guy that ran spacers on just the fronts on his msrt. He has 22x9's all around also. Hey Jon is your issue due to the 22x11's in the back bro?

Post Thanks / Like
    i remember test fitting the 22 x 9 in the back and it had the same clearance issues as the 22 x 11.

and sorry nuvie if that came out like me being a dick. i was trying to type really fast so i could get off work

Post Thanks / Like
    That set up in back is nice..! I'm jealous still working on mine to hold 2-12" kickers and 2-10" pioneers.. And that airbrushing is awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    i remember test fitting the 22 x 9 in the back and it had the same clearance issues as the 22 x 11.

and sorry nuvie if that came out like me being a dick. i was trying to type really fast so i could get off work
    its cool bro. oi also have some staggered wheels on their way to me. problem is i'm not 100% sure they'll clear the brembos but i just had to have them.

i am slightly worried about the front but did not think the rear coul;d possibly need spacers from looking at the size of the rear brakes.

i guess i just have to wait till i have the wheels and if they dont work, there are a certain wheels coming out soon that;ll look right at home on our MSRTs i'll jump on.

feel me Josh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread