Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meet Suggestions

Since you mentioned in the latest email about next years schedule I figured why not make a suggestion box (thread)

A couple things I would like to see done are:

Paintball

Skydiving

Only suggestion for those is to be done when it is still cool outside, do not need to get heat stroke running around shooting each other and do not need to get ill feeling when your coming down with shoot open and you go through that thermal barrier (instant cool to humid) that is a good was to ruin a great experience. Not to mention if we go to SkyDive Houston (in Waller) they have a area to do BBQ and swim (do not know about sky dive space land) Just a few ideas for now. Will think of some more later.

I'm not sure if his Magnum will fit in my parking space.
    2008 Magnum R/T, Brilliant Black
    2011 Durango Citadel, Brilliant Black (as of 3/12/11)

jshep is offline Dont ask for ideas and not use them!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    there are some places on I-45 that serve free lunch from 11am-1pm. seriously i think something out of the usual is needed to get more of the 300+ members to show up.like the idea of paintball, not big on skydiving but would enjoy the sight/laughter of some of the sclx crew doing that. id like to see a reschedule of the kemah event. heck even a football game(college,high school, nfl). somewhere orginal. doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

HOOK EM HORNS!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to see us do a scavenger hunt across Houston. Maybe get into groups of 3-4 cars and have to go and either pick something up or get pictures of the cars with something (like in front of a statue). Then we all meet up for dinner some where central and give out some prizes. Speeding tickets are points off your score, lol.

I went with a group to Waller for skydiving a few years ago. There were about 15 of us and we were on the schedule and it still took about 6 hours for everyone to get up and down. I think the cost was around $120/person.

R.I.P Max

Post Thanks / Like
    amen Jason, i'm not big on skydiving cos 90% of people on "worlds most amazing" on tv are sky divers and base jumpers.

i'll stay down and make plenty of videos.

definite for the paintball although that thing hurts when its cold.

lazertag is also cool (main event in webster).
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8crash View Post
    Its like paying $6K for your girlfriend to get a great boob job, then meeting a girl that has better boobs that are natural, are you gonna complain cuz you paid $6k for boobs for an Ex that aren't as good as the one in your hand? I think not.

Post Thanks / Like
    keep the ideas coming.

here the challenge with our 500+ group of members..... lack of input. so, this thread is a good one to hopefully get those who DON'T come out to say what they'd like to see happen.

we sent an email last year to a sample of 10% of the membership, and we did events based on what they said (mod meets, car shows, and cruises). by and far, the cruises are the most popular.

if more people step up to volunteer, organize, and spearhead events, we would be able to do more.

jshep, let's work on getting a kemah event on the books - that is a must.

Rob
    rob@spacecitylx.com
    Space City LX, Houston's Premier Modern Mopar Enthusiast Organization
    The Cars Bring Us Together... The People Set Us Apart
    Gathering Owners... Connecting Enthusiasts

Lone Star Mopar Fest
    Billet Technology

Post Thanks / Like
    like the lazer tag idea but with main event is crowded on saturdays. i say in 2010 for november we go to austin and watch Texas beat ATM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bowling..! And although I'm a big guy I'm up for skydriving..! Paintball is fun hvent used my gun in about 9months so a few thousand balls threw would do it good... I'm pretty much down for whatever wjen I'm not busy(most the time) I'll drive all over lol so I suggested bowling... And christmas is coming up help feed the homeless? Put in some community service and good karma

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jshep View Post
    there are some places on I-45 that serve free lunch from 11am-1pm. seriously i think something out of the usual is needed to get more of the 300+ members to show up.like the idea of paintball, not big on skydiving but would enjoy the sight/laughter of some of the sclx crew doing that. id like to see a reschedule of the kemah event. heck even a football game(college,high school, nfl). somewhere orginal. doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is the definition of insanity.
    I would like to see Jason jump out out. Then we can take a picture and send it to NASA. Then tell them that its an orange comet during the day. Because we all know we will be able to see him from the ground.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtrain View Post
    I would like to see Jason jump out out. Then we can take a picture and send it to NASA. Then tell them that its an orange comet during the day. Because we all know we will be able to see him from the ground.
    thanks for the laugh, i've been waiting for that to come up

Post Thanks / Like
    Jason - I will get more info on the Kemah meets and we can hash em out.
    2010 Detonator Yellow Challenger
    "DETONATOR"
    2006 Charger R/T,[B] FRI 392 [B]
    "Daddys Toy" Hemi Rgeisrty#556

Post Thanks / Like
    How bout a cruise to Natural Bridge Caverns? Something for the kiddies, and some memories LOL. OR Schliterbahn! or float the River.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtrain View Post
    excuse me sir this is a thread for meet ideas, not smart a$$ comments. thank you. i got a idea we have a cruise somewhere so that leaves dt out of it

Post Thanks / Like
    i like skydiving myself..im with knightrider

2007 Charger Road & Track R/T

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jshep View Post
    excuse me sir this is a thread for meet ideas, not smart a$$ comments. thank you. i got a idea we have a cruise somewhere so that leaves dt out of it
    AYE AYE GREAT PUMPKIN. But I have always said more track events and car shows like Kema. so ,,!,,

Post Thanks / Like
    x2. i think to get more than the usual peeps to show we need outside the box thinkning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread