Post Thanks / Like

7db Kit Question

How will the 7db kit sound on my SRT Design with the least restrictive exhaust? I'm looking for that nice muscle car tone (had a 5.7 durango with flowmaster 40's and no resos) but minimal drone.

Post Thanks / Like
    A gpdw250 or gpssr250 with mandrel bends will give just a little bit of drone, the next step louder would be a 5db kit 225ssr, 225dw or 225dw4.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    So the only difference between the gpdw/gpssr250 and the regular 7db kit is the glasspack to cut down on drone? Does it make any real difference in sound outside the car? I made mention of my previous setup to let you know I can stand a bit of drone as long as it sounds good and loud outside the car. Of course it won't be as bad in a car as it would in an SUV. I'm really liking that 7db kit since it would save me a little money and it has the 4" tips, but if you think the drone will be really obnoxious then I'll go with the GP kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Basically.
    It does make a difference outside as well.
    The 7db will sound much more aggressive outside.
    Every person can is different when it comes to drone. Myself, I can't handle a very small amount, I have sensitive hearing. I have found people worse then me but they are few and far between. Some people are not bothered by drone at all.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by tooshort_128 View Post
    So the only difference between the gpdw/gpssr250 and the regular 7db kit is the glasspack to cut down on drone? Does it make any real difference in sound outside the car? I made mention of my previous setup to let you know I can stand a bit of drone as long as it sounds good and loud outside the car. Of course it won't be as bad in a car as it would in an SUV. I'm really liking that 7db kit since it would save me a little money and it has the 4" tips, but if you think the drone will be really obnoxious then I'll go with the GP kit.

Share This Thread