Post Thanks / Like

p2110 and p2118 code after throttle body cleaning

Need help guys.....i got these codes after cleaning my throttle body.

P2110 Throttle Actuator Ctrl Sys-Forced Limited RPM

P2118 Throttle Actuator Ctrl Motor Current Range/Perf

I was driving the car after cleaning the throttle body and got the lightning bolt light and shortly after that, the car went into limp mode. I shut the car off and restarted. It ran a bit rough, but was able to get home. took the car to the dealership and they asked me if i cleaned the throttle body and i told them that i had. They said that they had to flash the computer and that all was fixed. Driving home from the dealership...it happened again right as i hit the brake coming off the interstate. I have searched the forums and found others that had the same problem, but was unable to find a resolution. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a stock 05 Magnum RT 5.7l

This is driving me crazy...thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you checked the plug connection??? Unplug the TB connection and plug it back in........It might not be getting a good connection.......
    2007 Silver Metallic Dodge Charger SRT8............The REAPER
    HEMI Registry #1575.......PB - 13.390 @ 106.67 Mph.

Proud Member of The WTFDTSG Club.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the causes of your 2 codes.

Trouble Code: P2110
    Electronic Throttle Control Forced Limited RPM
    Trouble Code Conditions:Ignition is on and ETC motor is working. When the PCM requests to limit engine speed, if the PWM is too high for 20.5 seconds and before P2118 sets. This one-trip fault will set within 5 seconds. The ETC light will be illuminated.
    Possible Causes:
    • Throttle plate stuck
    • ETC positive circuit is open or is shorted to ground
    • ETC negative circuit is open or is shorted to ground
    • ETC motor has failed
    • PCM has failed
    Trouble Code: P2118
    Electronic Throttle Control Motor Circuit Malfunction
    Trouble Code Conditions:Ignition is on and ETC motor is not in limp-home mode. When the PCM detects an internal error or short between the ETC motor and ETC motor positive circuits in the ETC motor driver. The ETC light will be flashing.
    Possible Causes:
    • Throttle plate or bore malfunctions
    • ETC positive circuit is open or is shorted to ground, battery voltage or ETC negative circuit
    • ETC negative circuit is open or is shorted to ground or to battery voltage
    • ETC motor has malfunctioned
    • PCM has failed
    Likes ViperGeek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have a 2006 Magnum, I have this same problem, I had codes 2110 and 2118, also 507.

I cleaned the throttle body, that is all clean and put back in, all cables look fine.

I have to gas the engine to stop it from on, the lightning bolt light comes on when i coast or am going down a hill, then the engine surges, but no acceleration.

I have to park it, turn engine off and back on again to make it work.

Is it something with the throttle body with the plate getting stuck most likely or something else?

Post Thanks / Like
    the acceleration seems to be off as well, i have to press the gas down further than before to even make it from a stop sign, then it revs up and goes faster than before.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ruined my throttle body cleaning it. Got the same codes, had to replace. $80.00 from Rock Auto.

When cleaning, did you squirt liquid into it or did you clean it out with a solvent soaked rag? Never squirt liquid cleaners into the TB it kills the electronics.
    Die Hard Mopar fan~ '66 Chrysler Newport Sedan ('86-'93 RIP), '93 Eagle Vision (awesome car) ('93-'95), '95 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe ('95-'97), '97 Dodge Stratus ('97-'99),1968 Chrysler Town & Country Wagon ('95-'99), '66 Chrysler Newport Coupe ('99-'04), 66 Chrysler Newport Sedan ('04-present), 2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD ('06-present - wifes car),
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT (silver, tow package)

Post Thanks / Like
    First it was just a wet rag, then i took the TB off of the engine and cleaned it with some carb cleaner and was able to get it really nice and shiny.

Post Thanks / Like
    And broken, which is why Chrysler says to leave it alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    bought a throttle body off of smackdownsrt, gonna try that and see what the results are going to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    bought a throttle body off of smackdownsrt, gonna try that and see what the results are going to be.
    Good luck, hope it fixes thing for ya. It should provided the used TB you're getting is good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, think you messed up the electronics under black cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Magnum BB R/T Hemi Registry # 1584 PPP Stage 2 Cam, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA High Flow cats, Heartthrob Exhaust, Eagle Intake, LMI Intake, MTCM, Blue Tops, ProTorque Converter, SRT Rear, Techo Strut Brace, lowered, Tuned by Diablotoona SOLD--2005 Mineral Gray AWD Hemi Registry # 1154

Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    For the work being performed, length is far more important than diameter :^)

Share This Thread