Post Thanks / Like

Bob whats your opinion on this setup...

Trying to make a well performing low drone exhaust for cheaper than the crazy $1K catback kits... i was thinking about doing this

BB SRT Resonator Kit #GP300X4
    3" Universal X-pipe (welded in before the Suitcase)
    Suitcase delete, replaced with 3" piping

Have you seen anything like this? any ideas how well the GP300X4 will do in stoping drone?

I know it will be a bit loud... maybe i need a Magnaflow or cherry bomb 18" muffler in place of the suitcase... or is there something else you recomend... i had Magnapacks 18" on my lightning and it had crazy amounts of drone... then again the mufflers were under the cab and the tips were 12" slash cut 10" past the muffler...

i want a mean sounding idle, and a nasty WOT but something my wife can drive my son around in without wearing ear plugs or massive drone...

any thoughts?
    2006 INFERNO RED MSRT8 - SOLD-
    2005 FORD P71 Crown Vic
    DREAMING OF A NEW MOPAR

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be crazy loud without the suitcase, done it on a 5.7 with 2 1/4" exhaust and the drone was baaaad.

It may work with a 50 series Flowmaster in place of the suitcase and a GP300X4, that I've done but with all the stock tubing, it was a wife's car too.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin_Bob View Post
    That would be crazy loud without the suitcase, done it on a 5.7 with 2 1/4" exhaust and the drone was baaaad.

It may work with a 50 series Flowmaster in place of the suitcase and a GP300X4, that I've done but with all the stock tubing, it was a wife's car too.

Bob

Thanks for the Info... i will see about picking up the GP300X4 kit in the near future..

Share This Thread