LX Forums Forum banner

3.5 V6 Supercharger Kit

31K views 52 replies 24 participants last post by  modern-muscle 
#1 · (Edited)
We are no longer producing this kit.

#2 ·
Very nice! Once I get my car paid off on april I am down for one! Can't wait!!!!!!! Isn't there a guy from cencal that has ur supercharger and has long tube headers? I saw a couple of youtube videos that showed long tubes and it also says on his profile. I think its straightchaos? I might be wrong but idk.

#48 · (Edited)
how did the long tubes help?

Also I need to get dyno tune can you recommend a shop here in San Antonio.TX to fine tune her been running base for loooooooooooong time and I want to get all of her power out.

#5 ·
keep me updated intrested in getting longtubes

#8 ·
good stuff

#9 ·
So the V6 is showing 28% drivetrain loss in stock form?! :panic:

I don't even want to know what my AWD is (not) putting to the ground... :sad:

That's a terrific kit you guys have there, sorry I don't have the budget for it.

#11 ·
yea, ron....my Challenger did 183 horse 100% stock. i WILL have this supercharger one day...but it'll have to wait because i just fired up the 408 stroker motor in my Dakota R/T :friday:

#12 ·
Just thought I'd chime in. This kit is SOLID! If you want to make your V6 really move, GET THIS KIT! I've been abusing my car for the past 10,000 miles after having John and Justin install my kit in Irvine, CA, and they've been mostly problem free (nothing caused by adding this supercharger kit). Once you get longtube headers, you're gonna have to get the car redynoed, but it's worth it. The mixture between the aggressive sound of the long tubes, and the increased top end is worth the money. Only complaint is that the system is a little too loud, and their "high-flow cats" will most likely do nothing to help my vehicle pass smog when the time comes. Regardless, thanks again to John and Justin for their work and effort for assembling this great high performance mod.

p.s., there are youtube videos up of acceleration, and on the car on the dyno if you search for "1fstv6charger" on youtube.com

Reactions: Bryali
#13 ·
One of these WILL be on my motor....just as soon as I can afford it.

#14 ·
Wanted to know if y'all have had any customers that use these on their daily drivers and have run in to any long term/real world issues (heating/cooling, stress on other parts, coordination with other parts, fuel economy, etc.)?

Too, can y'all recommend any day to day/regular maintenance items on folks that have never had blown engines? Recommended exhaust (headers, cats, tube diameters, mufflers, etc.)?

Thanks,

Rich

#15 ·
Every one of these applications is a daily driver. So far, the worst thing we've seen is a clogged cat and that was a single isolated issue.

There's not much in the way of maintenance except changing the supercharger oil. Exhaust will just make it better. We have yet to test our long tube headers. Any catback will do pretty much the same thing, so pick one that you like the sound.

#16 ·
A good buy. Great job MM. All the best!!

Every one of these applications is a daily driver. So far, the worst thing we've seen is a clogged cat and that was a single isolated issue.

There's not much in the way of maintenance except changing the supercharger oil. Exhaust will just make it better. We have yet to test our long tube headers. Any catback will do pretty much the same thing, so pick one that you like the sound.

#17 ·
Soo want one of these kits.. Need to squeak a 14.xxx outta SuperStock first though then get the dollars to pull the trigger on a SC ..

#18 ·
I have asked people with this kit already but I thought I would hear it from the horses mouth. With this kit, which provides more power? Single catback, or true duals?

#19 ·
I would kill to have this in my ride, though I think with the AWD, its a lost cause.

I don't know that much about super chargers, but am curious about the effect on gas mileage under normal driving conditions, ie will my MPG go into the toilet with this kit? This is probably one of those have my cake and eat it too questions. Ideally, it would be cool to keep my current 20-21 avg mpg when commuting and have the power/torque available on demand with the appropriate loss in MPG. I know that this is not a realistic scenario and I assume that I will lose some MPG with the new tune, but how much?

Despite the cost of the kit, could this be a valid argument for the ol' upgrade to a HEMI response us six packers get?

#20 ·
Our AWD's would not have any problem at all with this kit! I just don't have the funds for it, or you'd already know how well it works on an AWD, V6. ;)

We have the same drivetrain as the AWD Hemi cars, so the HP from this won't be a problem. :thumbs_u:

#23 ·
Couple questions:

Are these kits on stock v6 motors?

How much boost can the stock v6 motor handle?
Yes they are on the stock V6

We have had them up to 10psi, obviously the more PSI the shorter the life of the stock motor. We suggest 6 to 8 psi

there are no updates ever on the v6 supercharger!!!!
What kind of updates are you looking for?

#26 ·
Its tough giving constant updates when we are in the middle of busy season. There is not much time to be had on the forums right now but here are some answers to your questions.

There are not to many V6 guys that commit to the kit. We installed quite a few in the beginning but not so much lately. The upgrades on it are very limitied, I would assume you would find that out from research you have done on your own car. You can obtain a CAM but the selection is very limited. You can do a stroker but its a chunk of change most are not willing to dish out. You could do headers and a true dual exhaust... This is where most people start.

We have not had anyone want to push more than 10psi and there is no real reason to on a stock bottom end. If you would like to test more psi please let us know and we would be more than happy to work something out with you.

The pricing is what it always has been, you can get pricing on our website under V6 Supercharger Kit at www.modern-muscle.com

The questions that you are asking have been asked a million times before, I am sure if you do a search you will find the answers you need.

So the kit come with everything needed? like a hand held tuner ie. predator? Do you guys then email the tune once synced to the vehicle?
The kit will come with a base tune, if you want something more than that you will need to find a local guy to use there dyno so we can work with them in emailing back and forth to get you a tune that will be perfect for you application.

#27 ·
What does the base tune do as far as power wise? My engine as it sits now has a pp lower intakes manifold and tb and be next year I'll have pp heads and a new set of cams. What will 10 psi do to my motor that it won't do for a stock one? Reliability wise?

#29 ·
The base tune is to get your car up and running for a real tune, it is not meant to be driven on although some do anyway.

The big question is what kind of cam is it, that will determine what 10psi will do for your motor. The more psi you do the less the longevity of the motor. We suggest 6-8psi

I will be in touch with you! Thanks:stir:
Talk to you soon!

#33 ·
another thing to keep in mind is that

the 4 speeds arent able to withstand more than 300 rwhp
so that is another limitation
i believe all 4 speeds should not exceed 280-290 rwhp for safety

i believe MM can shed more light on this!!
I have the 4 spd transmission and with a MM 10 psi S/C kit that is putting down around 340 RWHP and my transmission is doing just fine after 18 months of supercharged daily driving..............I was the second person to buy the kit...........and the first to do the complete install by myself in my driveway.............:wink:

The only issue I have is that the 4 spd transmission is not great putting the power to the ground...........there is a big lag off the line..............but if rolling, the car takes off like a rocket when I mash the go peddle........... playing roll on tag I hang right with stock to lightly modded R/Ts............IMHO, a car with the 4 spd tranny would be more of a top end car and not a 1/4 mile car........

:beerchug:

#34 ·
are 4 speeds can handle up to 600 hp , i was told buy a man who used to build these transmissions for over 30 years..

#35 ·
As soon as I get a job, I'll be buying one of these kits along with Heads/Cams and some other goodies.. gonna have to converse with all parties involved to see what the best combination of parts will be.

eGo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.