Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

can i turn off the tpms light?

i cant find any rebuild kits and my stems wont stop leaking, can i turn off the light so i can use rubber stems?

SRT airbox, SRT headers/mids, SRT catback, SRT full suspension, BT 85mm TB, BT catch can, and email CMR from forgeinMuscle

Post Thanks / Like
    good question, Id like to know this as well. Maybe diablo can make a parameter for this

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm maybe dave can do this for us through email sinister.....

Post Thanks / Like
    discount tire/americas tire carries the rebuild kits. as far as i know you can not disable them. the dealer wont do it for you they are not allowed to. you would need a star scan tool to do it if it can be done, email adjustments would not be able to do it i don't think. moparsupercenter also has the sensors for 35 bux or so if i remember correct.
    Last edited by Jontoad; 09-27-2009 at 10:08 AM.

2006 black /SRT//8/
    Autocross videos - (((((SRT8 Charger autocross lap.))))) (((((Edited movie.))))) (((((Helmet cam lap.)))))

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by street hooligan View Post
    i cant find any rebuild kits and my stems wont stop leaking, can i turn off the light so i can use rubber stems?
    are they sitting flat inside the wheel to suface?
    you have to grease or oil them with [the seals] silicone and this problem will stop. plus the more you tighten them the more they WILL leak

I'd be unstoppable if it wasnt for Physics & Law enforcement

Post Thanks / Like
    I was reading somewhere in this forum that the new version of the SC download can disable the TPMS.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is also a TSB for export cars that disables it.. rather it is enabled if it detects it.. and will warn you the first time they aren't detected and then will shaddup about it.

I figure if all 4 TPMS are not responding at all, it's probably intentional.. why complain about it non-stop.

I was gonna get this done, but my snows have tpms anyhow.. so no real point.. will look for the tsb though.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a way to turn them off, but it requires a StarScan/Mobile. If you set the car to think its an export vehicle, there is an option to turn them off.

"The 5.7L engine was designed to be a balance of cost, weight, and power. The SRT 6.1L engine was designed to kick ass." - Team SRT
    "She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself." Han Solo - the future of Hot Rodding

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fastsedan View Post
    There is a way to turn them off, but it requires a StarScan/Mobile. If you set the car to think its an export vehicle, there is an option to turn them off.
    have you actually done this? seen this done?
    Izzy pics

Quote Originally Posted by Canadianknight
    I got it all straightened out with them guys. All good... feel bad for calling 'em a stealership now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just put on some winter beater rims and didn't bother with the sensors...the light comes on and flashes periodically...
    if there is a way to shut it off great, but unless it causes a problem elsewhere, I can put up with the orange icon for the winter...

The Rocket - Made in Canada....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkychkn View Post
    have you actually done this? seen this done?
    Yes, JonW did it to a car at Cruisin' for a Cure. I believe he said that it is a recently added function.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fastsedan View Post
    Yes, JonW did it to a car at Cruisin' for a Cure. I believe he said that it is a recently added function.
    Yeah, but there's a catch to it. You must have the TPMS physically removed from the car for it to work. In the case of the one I did at C4C, he had them inside the spare in the trunk, so it wouldn't stay off. Like NightShade stated above, you do the export trick and it will complain once, then shut up (but they have to be out of the car).
    " Where Southern California Car Culture Meets Modern Mopar Muscle"

Post Thanks / Like
    There was also a trick someone posted about putting four TPMS sensors inside some schedule 80 PVC pipe - glue a cap on both ends, and a schraeder valve on one - air the pipe up to 40 psi and toss it in your trunk.

- Click above for my HEMI Registry page -

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    There was also a trick someone posted about putting four TPMS sensors inside some schedule 80 PVC pipe - glue a cap on both ends, and a schraeder valve on one - air the pipe up to 40 psi and toss it in your trunk.
    That's trying to accomplish the same thing as putting them all inside the spare (although the pipe is probably easier). I think the problem though is that some of them still don't read properly on the wireless receivers due to the distance between them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have them disabled before i got the car...
    400ci stroker, Vortech blower, and enough said

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread