Post Thanks / Like

No air from vents except windshield defrost

Funny thing happened on my 4 hour journey yesterday (doesn't this kind of crap always happen on long trips?). I had the A/C on - auto temp control unit - running about 70 degrees and everything's working fine - I'm getting nice cool air out of all of my vents. I make a stop, hit the road again, and about 5 miles down the road I realize it's getting warm in the car. I check my vents and I'm getting NO AIR MOVEMENT out of any of the vents except the windshield defroster. If I adjust the selector to defrost, feet, face, whichever, I can hear the motor running trying to move the vents in the dash to change to my selection, but the air flow doesn't change. The fan speed is fine, the temp seems to be ok, but I just can't direct the air to where I want it. Has anyone else experienced this? I did a bunch of searches but couldn't think of what that selection door in the dash is called, so if you know of another post with a solution, point me to it.

2005 Inferno Red Magnum RT

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a simple fuse pull did the trick. Let the car sit for a few minutes after yanking the #41 fuse and the vents all work properly again. I like simple fixes...

Post Thanks / Like
    sometimes if it's humid out and the blower is on low the A/C will freeze up and not let the air blow......you gotta turn the a/c off for a bit with the blower on high and let it thaw.
    BFNY Performance
    9515 Detroit Rd,Cleveland Ohio 44102
    440-787-7235 8am- 5pm

BFNYPERFORMANCE@YAHOO.COM
    RIP NHDave
    RIP LOU1355

Post Thanks / Like
    The early build 05 LXs had something smilar....

http://modsfaceoff.com/2005_dodge_ma.../24-004-05.pdf

was a PCM flash that fixed it.
    FRI Econo Heads & FRI Sidewinder: Installed @ BFNY by Hemi31 with special guest Fnkychkn, JBA Shorties, JBA/HHP hi-flow catted mids, stock SRT8 cat-back, C&L CAI.
    HUGE thanks to Hemiwagn and HalfFast Performance for making it all possible.
    12.645@108.18

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    The early build 05 LXs had something smilar....

http://modsfaceoff.com/2005_dodge_ma.../24-004-05.pdf

was a PCM flash that fixed it.
    I think that was the one done to mine when I had that symptom - on a cross-country trip of course.. I can't tell now cause all the ink came off the sticker within days.. It took about a half-tank of gas at highway speed to show up, couple of hours maybe.

My refrigerant level was "a half pound shy" according to the Tech-who-knew-what-he-was-doing at BIG-O in Greenville SC.

It's worked fine ever since...

Mike
    "Now, I may not be an expert either, but I do lay the keyboard down on occasion, wipe the donut crumbs off my face, put my pants on and go outside into the light... and work on the car." - MattRobertson
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v619/MikeEast/
    (AirHammer, FRI Sidewinder, JBA shortys/highflows, Zoomers, Diablo, Labonte, Pedders, RazorsEdge, HSP Mounts, Silver Box,BT PinkThingy, AMG Paddle Shifters) 3.07 SRT rear, 13.302@106.15

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi31 View Post
    sometimes if it's humid out and the blower is on low the A/C will freeze up and not let the air blow......you gotta turn the a/c off for a bit with the blower on high and let it thaw.
    that happened to me last summer coming across south dakota. had to stop to feed the baby so i ripped apart my dash on the side of the highway and found the hvac frosted up. was 39C outside and 60 km/h winds so i didn't want to open the windows while cruising at 140 km/h. too much wind noise. didn't take long to thaw out though. kept the temp set a little higher after that.
    2010 LX&Beyond Nat'ls Best In Show Magnum Daily Driver
    2011 LX&Beyond Nat'ls Best In Show Magnum Weekend Driver
    2-toned, trufiber srt hood, 22"x9.5" gray Foose Nitrous, colour-matched headlights w/halos, 6000K HIDs (lows/fogs), tinted marker lights, colour-matched fog bezels, tinted tails, Airhammer, Eibach Pro-kit, Predator, Edelbrock headers/cat-back, jba hi-flow cats, 82*C thermostat (180*F), remote start, MDS indicator, Mopar hitch. So far.

Share This Thread