Post Thanks / Like

muffler question

i just wanted to know if it is true that you lose power if you run 2 mufflers on a 2.7 charger. i have the dual exhaust and did 2 mufflers and read somewhere that i lose backpressure which results in power loss. also i wanted to know if there was a system that you could recomend for my 2.7L charger. i want something a bit more louder. i was thinking about the flowmaster 40's you have for sale. should i do 1 or 2??

Post Thanks / Like
    It is true that you can lose low end power by over exhausting an engine. There are ways to make your exhaust into duals without over exhausting it, bigger is not always better. There are few mufflers louder then 40 series flowmasters, I would suggest doing just one.

Quote Originally Posted by kaotik29 View Post
    i just wanted to know if it is true that you lose power if you run 2 mufflers on a 2.7 charger. i have the dual exhaust and did 2 mufflers and read somewhere that i lose backpressure which results in power loss. also i wanted to know if there was a system that you could recomend for my 2.7L charger. i want something a bit more louder. i was thinking about the flowmaster 40's you have for sale. should i do 1 or 2??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin_Bob View Post
    It is true that you can lose low end power by over exhausting an engine. There are ways to make your exhaust into duals without over exhausting it, bigger is not always better. There are few mufflers louder then 40 series flowmasters, I would suggest doing just one.
    do you have the flowmaster 40 1 in 2 out??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kaotik29 View Post
    do you have the flowmaster 40 1 in 2 out??
    Yes, in the plain box 40, it is 3" in and two 2 1/2" out. Same price as the other plain box 40's I sell on the website.

Share This Thread