Post Thanks / Like

Tyco RC Magnum "dropstars"

They have 2 different sizes. This one 1:18 and is 11" long @$29.99. The Largest one is $124.00 and is about 3 feet long. I saw a inferno red mini. The big one is 1:6 scale. Target is the exclusive for the 300C 1:6. Didnt see the 1:6 Magnum.
    http://www.tycorc.com/us/product.asp...7817&nostore=0

Using the store locator, Target, Sears, Shopko and Walmart has the rest. The 1:6 also has a hook up for a portable MP3 player. LEDs make the headlights, tailights and rims (with spinners haha) light up. It even plays a tune.

Here is a short vid.
    http://members.cox.net/05magnum/MOV00188-1.wmv

The Vehicle Formally Known as JamminWagon

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have a link or pictures to the 1/6 mag
    Dave
    BB 05 Magnum > Zoomers > K&N > Eibach Springs

Post Thanks / Like
    I did see that Magnum and 300C in Target. I am sorry to say that, but build quality is horrid. Plastic look very cheap, the annoying ghetto track and LEDs flashing just looks lame. Looks like nothing that would be worth that much money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo
    I did see that Magnum and 300C in Target. I am sorry to say that, but build quality is horrid. Plastic look very cheap, the annoying ghetto track and LEDs flashing just looks lame. Looks like nothing that would be worth that much money.
    Yeah thats why Im sticking to the smaller one. It is just going to be a display doo-dad. Talked to the body guy and to get the same paint job as the silver and black on was around $2000. So im going to paint the R/C Silver, ALOT cheaper haha. Then going to take a pic of the stock rims and glue it to the models, Im not much for the bling-bling, even on models. As for the music, the 1:6 atleast has the portable mp3 hookup. And the leds for the wheels and the headlights can be cut, looking at replacing the blue headlights leds with whites. Or just leave it alone after painting, its just a display piece for my use.
    Last edited by JamminWagon; 09-20-2005 at 08:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a diecast version (DUB City) of the magnum (I think it was 1:24), blacked out the stupid DUB City logos on the windows. Than I mounted it on my work cigar humidor and glued an old school RT badge on it too. Looks awesome and no one (even my wife) would touch it, cause they think that they may break the diecast ;-) So my cigars are safe :-)

'05 Magnum RT
    : SRT suspension, Hotchkis sways, Borla 112, HHP High-flow cats, Frankentake III air intake, F.O.G projector headlights, painted calipers, SC FlashPaq, AR 311 20s w/ Nitto 420s. Practical car
    '07 Porsche Cayman S: de-snorked, exhaust modifications, suspension, racing rubber. 4 years of autocrossing and DEs

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still on the lookout for the DUB Magnums and now I'll have to add the big Magnum RC. I have the two Dropstars already - if I can find a good paint to mimic magnesium pearl, I'll buy a third one and paint it to match my car.
    "Walkin' the thin white line on this smiling road. 40 days, I've been all alone. Draggin' my heart all across this world. I got 100 miles to go before I get back to see my girl. Aint got nothing, I got nothing to lose. I keep walking away these blues. The cup is broken, but it's half full. I got 100 miles to go before I get back to see my girl."

100 Mile Blues - Scott Keeton and The Deviants

Post Thanks / Like
    a 1/6 scale magnum? that's gonna have a 20 inch wheelbase, that thing must be pretty big! Is that a skin for a nitro racer?

Post Thanks / Like
    looks a lot like my magnum...just switched colors!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea it woudl be kinda cool if they had a "stock" car

I think it would be neat to have a 1/6th Magnum to good around with my nephew. First paintball now car my sister is going to kill me :D

-R

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by silver7sam
    looks a lot like my magnum...just switched colors!!

I thought it looked familiar. I'm still lovin' your paint scheme!

The Magnum has a soul. It has a personality, something all too lacking in the automotive transportation appliances everybody else is offering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred
    a 1/6 scale magnum? that's gonna have a 20 inch wheelbase, that thing must be pretty big! Is that a skin for a nitro racer?
    Went to Target tonight and saw the 1/6th 300c. It was huge.

$124.99 - I had to pass as I have the (1/12th? 1/10th? - the one that is about 18" long) scale 300c already, and I'm going to wait until I find the 1/6th Magnum.

Share This Thread