Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Catch can braided hose CHECK YOURS!

Well the dealer found my issue, I have the BMC braided hose lines on my catch can. After pulling off my catch can hoses we noticed that the one going from the can to the manifold was completely obliterated inside. You could not tell from the outside (braided part). Needless to say there are particles everywhere and the vacuum leak was air being sucked through the hose cover.

I have had these hoses on for about 3 weeks. FYI something to check.

***by no means am I knocking this vendor, I dont know if this is specific to my application.***

Post Thanks / Like
    Uh oh! I just ordered them and they're on the way. I'd be very disappointed if they fall apart like that...... Thanks for the heads up.
    Stock 5.7

Post Thanks / Like
    i have had mine on for a couple of weeks now and will check tonight

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have them, but check and make sure they're fuel line because regular rubber will not hold up.
    2011 Dodge RAM Outdoorsman, Emerald Green, Navigation, Sirius, DVD player. So many mods to choose, so little $$!

Formerly 2007 Dodge Charger R/T.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im going to peel the cover off the other hose and see what type it is.

The hoses that BT supplied with the can worked for a long time...love the stainless look though. I might hard plumb it with fuel hose from Earls to the can. just hose clamp the manifold side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp Charge View Post
    I don't have them, but check and make sure they're fuel line because regular rubber will not hold up.
    Yeah... but BMC should know better than that...

I DRINK ROYAL PURPLE! WHAT NOW?!

> 2006 Silver SRT-8 magnum, adopted 9/9/06 with 36 miles, groups I, II, &III.
    * tinted LED Tails * Mopar Remote Start * Stainless Airhammer * Coated Kooks Longtubes * PPP Heads, Cam, and Converter * Alpine R10 Subs/AoN Enclosures * 20" Black AR 311's w/ Nitto 420's * Corsa cat-back * Front Window Tint * Ratman Hatch Button Mod * Hotchkis Sways * BT Underhood Bling * Polished Intake Manifold * Autodim Drivers Mirror *

Post Thanks / Like
    wierd.
    I've had mine for a year and no problems.... I'm sure BMC knows better. They've been putting cars together (all types) to race for years!
    Hemi Registry 0436 PWR Forged 6.1 block -Novi1500 -Modern Muscle ported intake manifold - Indy Heads - PWR cam - TTI Longtubes - Paramount TC/Transmission- BFNY 3.06 Getrag-325/45/17M&H Installed by: Afterhours Mopar Performance

Post Thanks / Like
    scoot-
    what issues did you have that made you look at this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp Charge View Post
    ^^Ditto. It's possible that the fuel line was defective from BMCs supplier since they probably buy the hose in bulk. I've always cut my own and installed the fittings. I use either Russell and Earls braided hose. Hopefully, BMC is using braided hose from reputable supplier. It's easy to check, the cheap braided hose is easy to bend because the rubber isn't as stiff and the braid isn't as tight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by monty1269 View Post
    scoot-
    what issues did you have that made you look at this?
    I was getting a real bad idle surge in park and drive, I kept throwing code 0507..high idle, then limp mode a couple times a day with 2173, which is higher than expected air flow. I also could not hold an RPM while in park. I swear i shot carb cleaner on every inch of that engine to find a vacuum leak but never checked the braided lines.

The bad line is the shorter of the two (on a 5.7) that goes from the can to the manifold. The inside of the line looks like broken PVC.

Im with you guys saying that BMC would know better, but maybe a heater grade hose got mixed in or something...I have only had em on for about a month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. I just installed some myself. Have you talked to BMC about the problem? I'm sure they would want to know.
    2007 Charger SRT8,
    Custom Airbrush by Chad Chambers.
    Tons of BT bling.
    Sig by Schimbo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 07ChargerSRT8 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I just installed some myself. Have you talked to BMC about the problem? I'm sure they would want to know.
    Yeah, im gonna call them in the morning, let em know.

Post Thanks / Like
    My first BMC lines flattened in 5 minutes, they took care of it and sent me new ones (stainless verse my first ones being black braided).........the stainless ones are "swollen" in the inside, and have rubber bumps in the inside that almost block the entire passage way in some areas, instead of being nice and see through like the factory hoses BT sent me
    2007 Sublime Daytona #667
    Now on 24" Status Symbols

Post Thanks / Like
    Special thanks to a forum member for sending us the link to this thread as we have not been contacted by scoot13 and wouldn't have known of this issue he is having.

To scoot13, I am very sorry for the trouble you have been having and will help you however we can. Please shoot me a PM or give us a call at the shop tomorrow (877-BMC-RWHP) so we can take care of the new lines for you. I would love to see some pics of these lines and be able to analyze what went wrong with them.

Per our records, it appears we have had issues with now 4 sets of the stainless steel catch can lines, from an order on April 1, May 1 and May 13 and yours. We are currently doing some more research and will be inspecting every single piece of hose that leaves our shop much more thoroughly from now on, to try and avoid any future issues. We have always replaced the hose immediately, with no hassle for the customer, and we have done that in this instance as well. The other good news is that there are 4 issues out of over 700 total kits sold in the past year, so the issue is definitely not the norm here. The hose we use is high quality stainless steel braided rated to 750 psi, so it's definitely durable and heavy duty material. Just to be sure we have indeed chosen the best possible products, I will be doing another round of testing hoses and if there is another manufacturer we can use, I will make the change. I do want to reiterate that 4 out of over 700 kits makes it a pretty low % of issue, but I do understand that when it happens to you, it stinks, so we're going to take every step possible to avoid having even 1 more issue.

I look forward to hearing from you and will take care of new lines for you immediately.

Thank you,
    Lisa.

Quote Originally Posted by Super T View Post
    Yeah... but BMC should know better than that...
    Yeah ... of course we use fuel hose ... 750 psi to be exact. We have posted about the hose many times in our vendor section.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublimeon22s View Post
    My first BMC lines flattened in 5 minutes, they took care of it and sent me new ones (stainless verse my first ones being black braided).........the stainless ones are "swollen" in the inside, and have rubber bumps in the inside that almost block the entire passage way in some areas, instead of being nice and see through like the factory hoses BT sent me
    I wasn't aware your steel braided lines were bad until I read this post. Have you contacted anyone at the shop about this? Please send me a PM so we can resolve this for you also.

Thanks,
    Lisa.
    Lisa. | Owner | Speedlogix
    2015 Challenger Hellcat (Red) - ordered
    2015 Challenger Scat Pack (Sublime) - ordered

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT - gone
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 - gone
    2011 Challenger SRT - gone
    2012 Fiat 500 Abarth - gone
    2009 Challenger R/T - gone
    2006 300 SRT - gone

Post Thanks / Like
    Great response Lisa.

Any problems with the black braided that I have?
    2006 Charger R/T with Road & Track

10.93 @ 125.6

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread